Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

driven by your emotional dislike for Mourinho.
You’re the most over emotional poster on here. Some people’s dislike of him goes back 15 years. If people have formed an opinion of him that is uncharitable, who are you to suggest they are wrong? No amount of soapbox blathering will change that. Why not keep your own counsel and stop telling everyone what to think?

Personally, I think that would be a great idea.

You mean someone who has played for him first hand? LOL ffs mate at least try to hide your bias.

Carlton Cole & Danny Mills played under Mourinho?

Nope.

Cole?

2001–2006Chelsea25(4)
2002–2003Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan)7(1)
2003–2004Charlton Athletic (loan)21(4)
2004–2005Aston Villa (loan)27(3)

Jose arrived in Summer 2004.

He was out on loan the whole feckin' time!

They have far more insight than you or me, that's for damn sure.

We get it, you dislike our new manager, shouldn't you be mad at our chairman for hiring him mate?

Have I said ONE single negative word about Mourinho since we announced him?

No..... So stick your assumptions about my opinion up your arse.

Last edited:
lol calm down, mate, I am cool as a cucumber
Yeah, you sounded it when you went on your rant about ‘attacking weak fans’ and why you do it. You then admitted you’d never won anything in your life, yet you position yourself as an authority on ‘winners’.

Your position is uncomfortably clear. You’ve never excelled at anything in your unremarkable life, so you try to live your life through Tottenham Hotspur, and absolutely freak when they’re not up to the job of massaging your fragile ego. Stop pretending you’re the world’s biggest fan, and find a hobby you enjoy. You never know, you might learn something

Well maybe you should listen to it and you might have a different perspective on Mourinho as a person and professional.

No, it isn't and no it cannot, like I said, 90% of it is subjective nonsense, like the "boring football" statement, easy to disprove based on the amount of goals his teams have scored over the years and points his teams have amassed, unless you consider winning to be boring? You can't base everything you say on his final few months at United and call it a fact.

My expectations is that we should finish in the top 6 and have a deep run into a cup competition this season, based on the mess we are currently in that would be a success in my eyes.

Next season and after the January and summer window I expect a trophy, any trophy and a top four position, I think that's realistic.

I think he will have us challenging for the league next season though, that's my honest opinion.
No, I turn off when Danny Mills is on the airwaves, that my prerogative.

Oh my God, you are trying to say that his style of football is not boring!! I'm sorry but that is utter madness, he is known as one of the most pragmatic managers in the game. Man U fans absolutely hated his football and the football world rips into him for it. It's fact.

IMO I think he's past it, I think he's miles off from Pep and Klopp, his football is outdated. What he's done most recently is more relevant than what he did with Chelsea 20yrs ago. So I will look at what he did at Utd. I will judge him on what he did there, who he brought in, who he benched, who he ostracised, who he slagged off in the press, who he scapegoated and how boring they were to watch. I think it's the most relevant piece we have to reference his work.

Top 6!!? And you say you are the model supporter who has a winning mentality and wants to kick the shit out of other supporters for displaying mediocrity!!! HAHAHAHA.

We are 3 points off 5th, with what you consider to be a team stacked with world-class talent and one of the greatest mangers in the world at the helm. Sorry where the fuck has your winning mentality gone in the space of a few hours? Or is this what a fan with a winning mentality looks like? I'm totally confused now, this winning mentality thing is obviously not about winning.

Just to clarify a deep run is what, get to a final? So you expect him to repeat what Poch did, get to the CL final? Top 4 next year why? It took a fraud in Poch to finish 3rd in his 2nd year, why does the greatest manger in the world the winner get such a pass?

Carlton Cole & Danny Mills played under Mourinho?

Nope.

Cole?

2001–2006Chelsea25(4)
2002–2003Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan)7(1)
2003–2004Charlton Athletic (loan)21(4)
2004–2005Aston Villa (loan)27(3)
Jose arrived in Summer 2004.

He was out on loan the whole feckin' time!

Have I said ONE single negative word about Mourinho since we announced him?

No..... So stick your assumptions about my opinion up your arse.

Carlton Cole literally played under Mourinho for an entire season, so no, he wasn't out on loan the whole time at all, absolute nonsense, he even won a medal with him despite limited appearances.

To be fair, you're right, you were only cunting him off before we appointed him because I did see you say the other day you would give him a chance so I am wrong about that, my apologies.

I still think you're letting your dislike for him cloud your judgement though personally.

Disagree. We've become Mourinho FC now and have sold our sole to the devil. Very short sighted hire and one that can and probably will backfire spectacularly!
You spelt cafilter fish wrong.

DependentComfortableCranefly-size_restricted.gif

No, I turn off when Danny Mills is on the airwaves, that my prerogative.

Oh my God, you are trying to say that his style of football is not boring!! I'm sorry but that is utter madness, he is known as one of the most pragmatic managers in the game. Man U fans absolutely hated his football and the football world rips into him for it. It's fact.

IMO I think he's past it, I think he's miles off from Pep and Klopp, his football is outdated. What he's done most recently is more relevant than what he did with Chelsea 20yrs ago. So I will look at what he did at Utd. I will judge him on what he did there, who he brought in, who he benched, who he ostracised, who he slagged off in the press, who he scapegoated and how boring they were to watch. I think it's the most relevant piece we have to reference his work.

Top 6!!? And you say you are the model supporter who has a winning mentality and wants to kick the shit out of other supporters for displaying mediocrity!!! HAHAHAHA.

We are 3 points off 5th, with what you consider to be a team stacked with world-class talent and one of the greatest mangers in the world at the helm. Sorry where the fuck has your winning mentality gone in the space of a few hours? Or is this what a fan with a winning mentality looks like? I'm totally confused now, this winning mentality thing is obviously not about winning.

Just to clarify a deep run is what, get to a final? So you expect him to repeat what Poch did, get to the CL final? Top 4 next year why? It took a fraud in Poch to finish 3rd in his 2nd year, why does the greatest manger in the world the winner get such a pass?
No, his style of football over his entire career is not boring.

At United, yes, I don't think that's deniable but has their style of play improved since his sacking? Was it any better under Moyes or Van Gaal? Not that I remember, Mourinho got United two trophies and finished 2nd with them before it all went to shit.

How can you say his football at Madrid was boring? Did you ever watch the champions league back then? Or when he was with Inter? Come on now mate, all you have to do is search on YouTube for videos, it's not hard.

Also, say you're right and he gives us "boring" football but we win every single game 1-0 and get a league title, will you be complaining?

Also, while we're at it, who did he slag off in the press? Who did he throw under the bus at United? If he's such a shit man manager as many are claiming, how has he won so many trophies and earned so much respect from players in the game?

Come on, don't give me that bollocks, I want us to win things and I have a winning mentality but I am not delusional, we are 12 points off the champions league spots and have a manager coming in half way through the season.

I do however agree that 5th is a realistic target, so yes, 5th or 6th for this season, I think that's reasonable for a manager coming in and taking over another managers squad when he hasn't had a chance to buy his own players or implement his own style.

I never said I want to "kick the shit out of other supporters" (you and your little clique on here loving spreading misinformation don't you? You forget people can actually read for themselves, unless you actually believe what you're writing which would be alarming.)

What I actually said, numerous times, is that people were afraid of moving on to another manager and for too long a section of our supporters have accepted mediocrity because of how shit we were in the past, you're just trying to misframe my argument right now for a cheap "gotcha" utterly predictable btw, knew you would.

Also, the rest of your post is just showing me how over emotional you are about our previous manager, that's all this is about for you, you will never admit it but your words show it, you basically think Mourinho can't do a better job than Pochettino because Poch had got the absolute best out of this group of players.

And now you're using a poorly constructed counter point to try and say "I thought you wanted a winning mentality" knowing damn well the odds of us winning anything this season is slim when you have a manager coming in half way through a season, it isn't a measure of me being more forgiving towards him either, I just realise that next season will be the real judge of what Mourinho can achieve.

I am realistic, like I said, 5th/6th this season with a deep cup run or a trophy considering the position we currently occupy would be acceptable, but if he hasn't won a trophy and finished in the top four by the end of next season then he would have been a complete failure in my eyes and we should also sack him, top four alone next year won't be good enough.

Actually, nice to see Nathan Gardiner is still with the club and back taking first-team sessions. I had thought we gave him the boot when Poch promoted his son into his place.

gardiner.jpg
I think part of the criticism of double training session and the backlash from the players was because Nathan wasn't happy with it.

He is much more experienced that Seb was. But poch made a mistake and was blinded by personal loyalty.

Bobby Robson, 5 minutes after going out on penalties in 1990 with a microphone shoved in his face - “Well it’s a cruel situation, but we just have to accept it. We played a big part in the tournament.” Pure class.

Let’s hope José doesn’t turn back into the bitching, excuse making bore he’s known for (in public anyway).
But Jose' is also known for winning which is what this club needs rather than another nice guy finish last. Im sure Jose' won more in his first 5 years as manager than Bobby Robson did in his entire life. If he gets us winning then he can bitch and moan about anything he likes.

No good with bringing young players through...

Gave Santon a debut for Inter at 17 and played him fairly often, Morata, Jese and Nacho were all brought into the 1st team at Real by Jose, Loftus-Cheek at Chelsea...

We'll soon find out if some of ours are good enough or not hopefully.

But Jose' is also known for winning which is what this club needs rather than another nice guy finish last. Im sure Jose' won more in his first 5 years as manager than Bobby Robson did in his entire life. If he gets us winning then he can bitch and moan about anything he likes.
Ok, that’s your opinion and thanks for explaining your disagree. I guess we just get off on different things. If we win the league under José it won’t make me a better person, it won’t be my achievement, and I’m not interested in bragging rights down the pub. I’d like to see us play with style and panache and I don’t think we’ll see that under Mourinho. I understand that you’re desperate for a trophy, but I’m more interested in how we play. Surely there’s room for both of us?

Last edited:
Yeah, you sounded it when you went on your rant about ‘attacking weak fans’ and why you do it. You then admitted you’d never won anything in your life, yet you position yourself as an authority on ‘winners’.

Your position is uncomfortably clear. You’ve never excelled at anything in your unremarkable life, so you try to live your life through Tottenham Hotspur, and absolutely freak when they’re not up to the job of massaging your fragile ego. Stop pretending you’re the world’s biggest fan, and find a hobby you enjoy. You never know, you might learn something

The fighting cocks residential psychologist!

I bow to your wisdom and high IQ, you're completely right mate, my life is a failure, I live vicariously through a football club, I have nothing else to live for whatsoever, honestly, how do you do it? You aren't mystic meg are you? Honestly that was incredible!

So let's get serious for a minute after your waffle above, I may not have won any medals in my lifetime in sports but I assure you I am more than happy with my life, I have a wonderful family, security and have worked very hard for it all and the reality is, I don't really care what you think that's the honest truth Joe, I come here to talk about football, that's it.

Truth is, you're wasting your time constantly complaining about my posts because I couldn't care for the opinions of someone so immovable and illogical, I find our interactions a complete waste of time but you persist in conversing with me despite the fact I have you on ignore but frankly I can't help myself reading your stupidity which makes me question my own intelligence tbh.

By all means, tuck yourself into bed tonight thinking you have figured me out if it makes you feel better about yourself but the truth is, you're only digging me out because you can't stand the fact I don't share your opinions.

And don't worry, I love this hobby just fine and I certainly don't rely on it, I have many hobbies outside of football.

The truth is you will always need this forum way more than I will ever need this football club.

Now get yourself some sleep Joe, you have a long day of posting ahead of you tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom