Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disagree mate, win lose or draw it will be about Mourinho, not Spurs from now on.

Fair enough but as long as we’re successful I don’t care

If other managers and fans get pissed off about our cuntery I don’t care

I want us to win things

He’s a winner and Poch sadly wasn’t

And I hope he starts tomorrow

Why the fuck would we want mediocrity Sammy?
Just because some of us don't like him...
One of my biggest gripes is that he does not give a toss about academy footballers and throws them under a bus when he is so inclined.
If he changes this philosophy then I would be happier consider all the club have invested in academy.

So would I but if he doesn’t and we’re still successful then so be it

Fed up with being disappointed culminating in the CL final

How many times did people post that they’d wish Poch would stick up for us more?

Jose will!!

No it really isn't. Could be said of Klopp perhaps granted but with Liverpool and with BVB there was talk about stadiums, supporters and their respective cultures. Even with Pep there is talk about the depth of their squad, how they play, their academy and their stars.

Nah.

The manager personifies the club. The rare exceptional cases would be clubs like Real, Barca, and Bayern.

Even with our incredible new stadium, CL run, and Harry Kane, the club was defined by Pochettino. If Mourinho is the centre of attention I really don’t care. No different to when AVB was in charge, or Redknapp, or Hoddle.

Last edited:
I want us to win things

He’s a winner and Poch sadly wasn’t

I think that transition is what people are objecting to.

I want to win things. I wanted to win things with Poch. We didn't get it done. If we are to win things now, for the foreseeable future, we must win things with Mourinho, however you feel about him. We all have complicated feelings about him, but if those feelings exceed the feeling for the first sentence of this paragraph, wanting to win things, that's silly and worthy of criticism.

So you are expecting us to win the FA Cup and CL this year?

And if we don't?

No

We could wewin the FA cup, progress to the later stages of the CL and finish top four but if we don’t I won’t judge José on that

Next season I expect us to kick on

I really don’t get your negativity

Would it be better if Poch had stayed?

With us languishing in the bottom half of the table, not bothering to try in cup competitions like our performance in the FA cup at Palace last season ?

I wouldn’t

I fancy Pep to fuck off in the summer and a title challenge for us next season.
I think both Pep and Klopp will be off at the end of their current contracts. Pep 100% and Klopp will go before the end of his recently renewed deal.

Just look at the average age of Liverpool's squad, many of their star players approach 30yrs old and guess what they did a Spurs and signed no one. And just like Poch, Klopp is an emotional manager (Pep too), relentless on his players, so after a few years, this will have it's toll if you can't renew.

I think both Pep and Klopp will be off at the end of their current contracts. Pep 100% and Klopp will go before the end of his recently renewed deal.

Just look at the average age of Liverpool's squad, many of their star players approach 30yrs old and guess what they did a Spurs and signed no one. And just like Poch, Klopp is an emotional manager (Pep too), relentless on his players, so after a few years, this will have it's toll if you can't renew.

happened to Klopp at Dortmund, Liverpool need to buy 6-7 top players over the next year or two to prevent that as the current team lose steam, its natural. We just have to be in pole position when City and Liverpool wane.

Last edited:
No

We could wewin the FA cup, progress to the later stages of the CL and finish top four but if we don’t I won’t judge José on that

Next season I expect us to kick on

I really don’t get your negativity

Would it be better if Poch had stayed?

With us languishing in the bottom half of the table, not bothering to try in cup competitions like our performance in the FA cup at Palace last season ?

I wouldn’t
I'm negative for the reasons I gave to Fives post, I really don't see many people disagreeing with what I wrote too unless they were on a space mission for the past 3yrs or 4yrs, everything I've listed is well-known fact.

It has nothing to do with Poch, I'm only talking about Mourinho and whether I see him as good to Tottenham.

It seems that I'm cutting him more slack than you. All I'm asking for is some glimmer of attractive and progressive football and no, I'm not expecting to see much of it, just signs of it. I absolutely need to see this before I'm on board.

happened to Klopp at Dortmund, Liverpool need to buy 6-7 top players over the next year or two to prevent that as the current team lose steam, it natural. We just have to be in pole position when City and Liverpool wane.
I think City will be fine, I think they are set to stay at the top, their squad is utterly rediculous (with a bit of work padding on defence).

I think they will fall a good 15 points when pep leaves. He’s really that good. They will have loads of problems succeeding him.
Possibly but they are also one of the smartest football clubs there is, in the last 5 years who have they bought that hasn't worked out? Danilo (who they did a great bit of business on with Juve), Mendy (only because of his injury), I thought Marhez was going to end up unused and he really struggled last year but even he is looking like he's turned a corner.

Poch would be brilliant there and could list another 5 who would succeed with their squad (all young and up and coming managers too not the tried and tested). They are set up perfectly to be at the very top for many seasons to come.

Back
Top Bottom