Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's almost as if the razzmatazz has been drilled out of him. Either that or he just isn't interested in it like he used to be.

I don't doubt his class for a minute, the boy has a gift but as it stands he isn't and won't fulfill what's been given to him. He needs to make football his life until he retires and not get caught up in the skirt and clothes shows. If he gets attracted by the wrong lights he'll never be remembered for what he could have been.

He's young but when was the last Dele nutmeg? He doesn't take risks anymore which for me is the epitome of the whole team at the moment. Why is he so afraid of trying things? He's an absolute diamond but whys he not showing it? Bizarre but he still needs time to bed into the season. Needs sharper teeth and that fucker of a streak back. I want to see him winding up every crowd he plays against, it wins us matches and gets his teammates up for it instead of all this robotic tosh we get fed with too few forgetting it's a battle out there. Come on Del, get nasty boy it's such an asset.

We gave him another contract last off-season so he’s we panicked two or three times I guess.
But you can't put a price on funny handshakes, flossing or weird hand over the eye gestures.

He's going retro this season and bringing twerking into the EPL

The revisionist history in this thread is unbelievable by the way.

Go read 258-290 in this thread, which is August 2018 - early March this year when he got back from his hamstring injury that kept him out 7 weeks.

But he’s been shit for years apparently.

The revisionist history in this thread is unbelievable by the way.

Go read 258-290 in this thread, which is August 2018 - early March this year when he got back from his hamstring injury that kept him out 7 weeks.

But he’s been shit for years apparently.
Bruh....Dele has been an average substandard player for a while now. Read my post on the pre-match thread when I reacted to him starting. There's nothing knee-jerk here.

Bruh....Dele has been an average substandard player for a while now. Read my post on the pre-match thread when I reacted to him starting. There's nothing knee-jerk here.
Oh shit, you posted something? Wow, I think I’ll look at the literally hundreds other posts, articles, and statistics from last season where people are saying he is great and indispensable.

The fact is that Dele played well from August until he went out injured in early February. He played in a much deeper role due to our lack of midfield options, which meant his goals and assists went down, but his midfield work (pressures, buildup) increased. Since March he hasn’t had a run of matches to get into form, mostly due to injuries (broken hand in April, hamstring in August).

So now a few months of getting back to match fitness as turned into a few years of being shit by a vocal minority. If you want to say his reoccurring hamstring injury is an issue then that’s one thing. But the fact of the matter if that Dele has been a bang on starter for 4 years for a good reason - he’s one of the best young midfielders in the world, and he has been for a long time.

Oh shit, you posted something? Wow, I think I’ll look at the literally hundreds other posts, articles, and statistics from last season where people are saying he is great and indispensable.

The fact is that Dele played well from August until he went out injured in early February. He played in a much deeper role due to our lack of midfield options, which meant his goals and assists went down, but his midfield work (pressures, buildup) increased. Since March he hasn’t had a run of matches to get into form, mostly due to injuries (broken hand in April, hamstring in August).

So now a few months of getting back to match fitness as turned into a few years of being shit by a vocal minority. If you want to say his reoccurring hamstring injury is an issue then that’s one thing. But the fact of the matter if that Dele has been a bang on starter for 4 years for a good reason - he’s one of the best young midfielders in the world, and he has been for a long time.

I don't have to read posts to know he's been a shadow of the player he was in his first two season for the last 2 at least.

Wow...with a full set of games and a move back up the pitch, I expect him to make an impact. He made a couple of his off Kane runs and that is what we need from him. Today’s performance brought very few chances and that is again down to a lack of aggressiveness and a poor shape put out there by Poch.

One thing I don’t like is his body. He is no longer his slender self. He has bulked up which for me, makes him a bit slower in his movements.

Back
Top Bottom