Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes but we are on the verge of spending a whole bunch of money on an AM and a "LB" (who is really probably more of a winger), while we are letting RB languish despite it being our position of highest need. Sorry if I'm a broken record about this, but it's maddening. You are right that we have to prioritize, but how are Lo Celso or Sessegnon a higher priority than a RB?

We are on the verge of trotting out some combination of Aurier, KWP, and Foyth at RB for 50+ games next year. This doesn't terrify anybody else?

It doesn't inspire confidence, but i don't think it's terrifying. I think Aurier can do a good job, and I really want KWP to succeed at this club, which I believe he can. Honestly, i am not sure who is available/affordable that would immediately fit in this position. I am not saying we do not need an upgrade, cause we do. But I am not sure who they are.

I will say this though, with Trippier out of the picture, I am relieved. This is the player who everyone thought is the weak link, and at the same time, we spend the majority of our attacks on the right because of his so-called ability to deliver a cross. That is maddening to me. With this roster now, I think we will see a better balance of play to our attacks and I am happy for that. Less emphasize for Aurier and KWP to bombard forward too much then, no?

If my theory is true, this allows Aurier and KWP to focus more on defense first, and that helps to solidify our backline better than it was last season. That's my hunch anyway. Will be happy for an upgrade though!

£6.4m janssen £20m trippier £11m dembele, it's slowly totting up... Mind, £53.8m + £8.6m, still a fair way to go. Maybe we're not breaking even this year after all then.
6.4m for Janssen is very decent - how much did we get from his Turkish loan btw?

Ceballos will improve their midfield for 1 season, but that's not because he is a world-beater.
Real Madrid only get rid of players who are surplus because they ain’t good enough! Bale yes an exception he hasn’t kissed the arses of the majority of white hankie waving twats who think they and their horrible club are the most loved in the world simply because he and everybody else know they ain’t Bale went for the money same as everyone else!

Real Madrid only get rid of players who are surplus because they ain’t good enough! Bale yes an exception he hasn’t kissed the arses of the majority of white hankie waving twats who think they and their horrible club are the most loved in the world simply because he and everybody else know they ain’t Bale went for the money same as everyone else!
They do have 15 european cups or whatever stupid number

Oh LOL at the RB rage.

First Poch sells Walker, then he picks Trippier for two years and sells him.

Then the two far superior RBs he dropped are now not good enough for people?

And it’s still not Pochs fault

Last edited:
Bale scored a goal and missed a penalty last night. ZZ said his performance changes nothing and his agent declares he's going nowhere on any made up loan deal. He'd rather stay at RM another 3 years.
Sitting on your arse for that time earning Megabucks may seem ideal but for someone with his talent it would be such a waste.
Personally I'd take the wage drop and move to another European club...then make the lucrative China deal in a few years time. Money is hardly a real consideration for him...it's all about desire to play regularly and where.
Billy no mates at RM, Chinese millions or earn an honest but smaller penny playing for someone like Bayern or PSG ?....the latter for me every time.

Bale scored a goal and missed a penalty last night. ZZ said his performance changes nothing and his agent declares he's going nowhere on any made up loan deal. He'd rather stay at RM another 3 years.
Sitting on your arse for that time earning Megabucks may seem ideal but for someone with his talent it would be such a waste.
Personally I'd take the wage drop and move to another European club...then make the lucrative China deal in a few years time. Money is hardly a real consideration for him...it's all about desire to play regularly and where.
Billy no mates at RM, Chinese millions or earn an honest but smaller penny playing for someone like Bayern or PSG ?....the latter for me every time.
If they don't win the league Zidane will get the sack. Just wait it out.

Back
Top Bottom