Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this a good window:

In - Ndombele, Clarke (loan), Lo Celso, Sessegnon
Out - Trippier, Rose, Eriksen, Toby

If not, what needs to be done still?

If we sign Eriksen to a new deal then to me its a great window even if Toby leaves and we don't bring in a RB/LB. I also think one transfer either in or out will pick up steam the last week that isn't being widely reported now which may impact the window significantly.
Good god, if that was our window this year I’d happily swap it for last years.....

I am actually surprised about the lack of rumoured right backs, I thought there would be stuff flying everywhere considering we obviously need one now with Trippier going. I guess the Lo Celso and Sessegnon rumours are dominating, although the good news is that probably means there is an element of truth to them.

I am actually surprised about the lack of rumoured right backs, I thought there would be stuff flying everywhere considering we obviously need one now with Trippier going. I guess the Lo Celso and Sessegnon rumours are dominating, although the good news is that probably means there is an element of truth to them.

Worse yet are the rumors that Spurs aren't too bothered about replacing Trippier.

Worse yet are the rumors that Spurs aren't too bothered about replacing Trippier.

This is absolutely maddening to me, and threatens to make me join the John Thomas John Thomas crowd baying for Levy's blood.

We FUCKING NEED a decent right back. The entire league spent all of last season targeting that position for fun; we need to shut that shit down.

Bale might be playing his final game for RM tonight against The Woolwich (kick off midnight / Eir sports 2/Premier Sports 1 / Real Madrid TV and SK1 Croatia) should Zidane decide to select him.
Be nice if he managed a hat trick....each half :thumbup:.
I post that I hope Bale scores 6 goals against The Woolwich and somebody disagrees ?? :thumbdown::thumbdown:...okay then 7 goals is that better ?? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DM and the Fullback positions are still a tad suspect but realistically, we can't sign that many players

Yes but we are on the verge of spending a whole bunch of money on an AM and a "LB" (who is really probably more of a winger), while we are letting RB languish despite it being our position of highest need. Sorry if I'm a broken record about this, but it's maddening. You are right that we have to prioritize, but how are Lo Celso or Sessegnon a higher priority than a RB?

We are on the verge of trotting out some combination of Aurier, KWP, and Foyth at RB for 50+ games next year. This doesn't terrify anybody else?

So, we are looking something like this ATM as our 'best' 11:

Aurier(KWP) - Toby (Sanchez) - Jan (Foyth) - Davies (Sess)
Lo Celco (winks) - N'Dombele (sissoko)
Eriksen (lamela)
Son(moura) - Alli (?)
Kane (?)

1. We aren't signing 50m+ players to sit on bench. Assume Lo Celco and N'Dombele are first choice by Xmas; and Sissoko and Winks feature at start of season.
2. Our attack is missing a couple of players. Gareth Bale any one? Of course Lamela/Moura can be deployed futher forward, but we need 2 good players for every position.
3. If Eriksen goes, Lo Celco or N'Dombele probably move into his position and Sissoko/Winks becomes a starter.

Wonder if there is a Vedran Corluka esque player out there who can be a cover for all these positions, would sove a lot of problems
Yeah, we probably need someone who has shown to be flexible in the position they can play, is defensively sound, deceptively quick, with good footwork and control of the ball and has a demonstrated ability to pick out clever passes out of the back. Another positive would be that they are still young and will continue to grow into the team and become an even bigger asset in the coming years.

If only that we had someone like that...

images

£6.4m janssen £20m trippier £11m dembele, it's slowly totting up... Mind, £53.8m + £8.6m, still a fair way to go. Maybe we're not breaking even this year after all then.
Forget the past. We have made so much money from the CL and from not being active in the last couple of windows that we can afford not breaking even. Plus the stadium is now built and will generate significant revenue also.

That was the whole point of the "austerity" years: to get us to a point where we can have a net spend of £60-80m without having to recoup it somewhere else. I don't think that will be our modus operandi every window, but once in a while I would not be surprised to see it happen. And this was the perfect window for it to happen. The team is almost there and needs those extra 1-2 marquee players to get to the next level. Not replacements, but in addition to what we already have, else we're back to square one and I don't think that's what Poch or Levy want from now on.

I'm still a little surprised that a mid/lower PL club weren't prepared to take a punt on him, not like goalscorers are ten a penny and his record before becoming our "back-up" was worth someone taking a gamble of him at a nock down price and not huge wages I'd have thought? Or even a championship side?
That would have worked 2 years ago, when his top scorer season in Holland was still fresh in people's minds and he was still featuring regularly for the Dutch national team. After two unsuccessful loan spells, however, his stock has taken a nosedive, unfortunately, to the point that not even a German or Spanish or French team was willing to take a punt on him.

It's just like when we're at the jewelry store, and I ask the wife if getting what she's pointing at means a blowjob later, and she says, we'll talk tonight. Never happens anyway.

Okay, I'm not married, but I imagine that what it's like for you married guys :sonpoint:
And you're right.

Back
Top Bottom