Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't agree with that, he is doing a lot of hard work and being given a different role to previous seasons. Last season he played nominally on the right of our attacking 3 and drifted around as he pleased, now he has a more defined position as one of the central midfielders in our diamond and has to do a lot more work in our own half. He's not at his best and no doubt the contract thing is in his head but I would never say his heart isn't in it. He's playing no worse than anyone else at the moment, they are all playing within themselves and below their normal standard.
Hm - he's been stuck doing CM donkey work because ... We didn't sign anyone to strengthen that area.
The ghost of deadline Eve strikes yet again.

I think most people would rather let him leave this summer for a decent fee than let him leave for free the following summer

In our situation 60-80 mill is better nada

For sure.

Get us a top 4 spot, contribute to us giving City a real game and then say thank you.

He will regret leaving if it's to Real Madrid just because of a dream and we need a 100% focused player.

But he will likely learn the lesson of Coutinho which is that the grass is rarely greener.

Ronaldo, Ramos at his cynical best and Modric and the fragile Bale and Kroos were special players at the right time.

Eriksen is already 27/28.

Lets get the money and run.

For sure.

Get us a top 4 spot, contribute to us giving City a real game and then say thank you.

He will regret leaving if it's to Real Madrid just because of a dream and we need a 100% focused player.

But he will likely learn the lesson of Coutinho which is that the grass is rarely greener.

Ronaldo, Ramos at his cynical best and Modric and the fragile Bale and Kroos were special players at the right time.

Eriksen is already 27/28.

Lets get the money and run.

Learn the lesson of Coutinho..
On £250 k a week?

I don't agree with that, he is doing a lot of hard work and being given a different role to previous seasons. Last season he played nominally on the right of our attacking 3 and drifted around as he pleased, now he has a more defined position as one of the central midfielders in our diamond and has to do a lot more work in our own half. He's not at his best and no doubt the contract thing is in his head but I would never say his heart isn't in it. He's playing no worse than anyone else at the moment, they are all playing within themselves and below their normal standard.
'He's not at his best and no doubt the contract thing is in his head'
And you don't agree with what I said, yet say this. Unless he turns it on for us in our upcoming biggest games for a while, I think we should cash in at the end of season. I wish him to doubt me wrong but I can't see it.
FFS defender Shane Duffy for Brighton has one more goal this season than him

LOL

“That’s bullshit”
Fatigued

Back to the drawing board lads

I disagree, I think what you are seeing is a dysfunctional team and a fatigued player ( s ) . If Eriksen didn't want to get on the ball he'd hide from it, and point for others to receive it, like Sissoko does, but he doesn't, he's never been one to hang on to the ball, he's not a dribbler. Of the regular players ahead of the defence (who by default see a lot of the ball) only Winks (55 ppg) and Dier (53 ppg- and part of that is because he drops into CB) see more of the ball than Eriksen (51). That's not a player shirking responsibility. He's trying to play incisive passes, he did Saturday.

If this was in someway conscious, he'd be risking fucking up his chances of that big move wouldn't he?

Nobody is playing well right now. We as a team aren't playing well right now.

'He's not at his best and no doubt the contract thing is in his head'
And you don't agree with what I said, yet say this. Unless he turns it on for us in our upcoming biggest games for a while, I think we should cash in at the end of season. I wish him to doubt me wrong but I can't see it.
FFS defender Shane Duffy for Brighton has one more goal this season than him

His future is obviously on his mind but it's not a significant factor in his performances. Are the other 10 players thinking about their contracts as well?

Eriksen's new deeper role in the team and the absence of Dele and Dembele are much more likely reasons for his dip in form. He needs quality around him, if nobody is making the right movements or creating spaces then there's not that much he can do.

I disagree, I think what you are seeing is a dysfunctional team and a fatigued player ( s ) . If Eriksen didn't want to get on the ball he'd hide from it

Christian Eriksen on suffering from fatigue: "That's bul**hit. You get used to playing so much. After all, I've played many games for quite a few seasons in a row."

I think your opinion on this is completely irrelevant to be honest. And the player himself would say you’re talking shit.
Literally, he said that.

Might want to leave it there

Christian Eriksen on suffering from fatigue: "That's bul**hit. You get used to playing so much. After all, I've played many games for quite a few seasons in a row."

I think your opinion on this is completely irrelevant to be honest. And the player himself would say you’re talking shit.
Literally, he said that.

Might want to leave it there

If that was all I'd said, maybe, but it wasn't, was it. That was the point.

I disagree, I think what you are seeing is a dysfunctional team and a fatigued player(s). If Eriksen didn't want to get on the ball he'd hide from it, and point for others to receive it, like Sissoko does, but he doesn't, he's never been one to hang on to the ball, he's not a dribbler. Of the regular players ahead of the defence (who by default see a lot of the ball) only Winks (55 ppg) and Dier (53 ppg- and part of that is because he drops into CB) see more of the ball than Eriksen (51). That's not a player shirking responsibility. He's trying to play incisive passes, he did Saturday.

If this was in someway conscious, he'd be risking fucking up his chances of that big move wouldn't he?

Nobody is playing well right now. We as a team aren't playing well right now.

I've bolded everything except that for you.

In fact very few people who'd countered your "Eriksen is shit" agenda had stated that as a reason, let alone the sole one. Many of us don't think "he's shit" at all, even lately, he's still doing more than Sissoko in games, who you seem to think is great. Go figure.

If that was all I'd said, maybe, but it wasn't, was it. That was the point.

I've bolded everything except that for you.

In fact very few people who'd countered your "Eriksen is shit" agenda had stated that as a reason, let alone the sole one. Many of us don't think "he's shit" at all, even lately, he's still doing more than Sissoko in games, who you seem to think is great. Go figure.

He’s not fatigued, which I pointed out, and you said you don’t agree.
The player said it’s bullshit, so maybe go find another excuse for him being poor/world class.

It changes every day for you...one minute your finding reason for him being poor “the whole team is poor/fatigue/new position/missing Kane and Dele (oops) etc etc etc”

The next you are posting “stat bombs” and claiming he’s as good as he ever was, and is the most productive player in England, and one of the best “number 8s” in Europe.

Because, you know, he’s not an AM or playmaker anymore, or a forward, or left sided attacker, or a deep lying creative mid, or box to box.......just an “8”, so he’s the best in Europe.
But when he’s poor, there are 50 excuses, but he’s not poor because the stats.

Go figure that one yourself mate, you’re all over the fucking shop

He’s not fatigued, which I pointed out, and you said you don’t agree.
The player said it’s bullshit, so maybe go find another excuse for him being poor/world class.

It changes every day for you...one minute your finding reason for him being poor “the whole team is poor/fatigue/new position/missing Kane and Dele (oops) etc etc etc”

The next you are posting “stat bombs” and claiming he’s as good as he ever was, and is the most productive player in England, and one of the best “number 8s” in Europe.

Because, you know, he’s not an AM or playmaker anymore, or a forward, or left sided attacker, or a deep lying creative mid, or box to box.......just an “8”, so he’s the best in Europe.
But when he’s poor, there are 50 excuses, but he’s not poor because the stats.

Go figure that one yourself mate, you’re all over the fucking shop

Yeah that’s right Sammy, apart from making more goals than anyone, making more key passes than anyone, being third most productive player for goals/assists (behind two forwards), seeing more ball than most of our other midfielders/AM’s, tackling as much as that defensive stalwart Sissoko.....what does Eriksen do for us, right?

If he's being "poor" what is everyone else being? What would you call Sissoko ?

Back
Top Bottom