New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Immensely jealous of anyone who’s got a season ticket at this point! I’m going to one test event and will be grateful to get tickets for one or maybe two games for the remainder of the season. Actually forgot what it felt like to be excited to go to a game.
Anyone else going to either of the test events...?

I think this Sunday will be a great way to get used to both familiar AND unfamiliar surroundings...

I've deliberately chosen midway along the side... as it's somewhere I probably won't sit/stand on a match day, but thought I'd take the opportunity to just to get an overview of the whole ground...

And I'm hoping there might be the possibility to move around a bit within that Stand?? (I may he wrong, of course!)

After that, and for the remainder of the season, it's back to business behind the goal!! Sunday will feel like the one and only time I allow myself to be 'touristy' on a visit to the Lane!

I think this Sunday will be a great way to get used to both familiar AND unfamiliar surroundings...

I've deliberately chosen midway along the side... as it's somewhere I probably won't sit/stand on a match day, but thought I'd take the opportunity to just to get an overview of the whole ground...

And I'm hoping there might be the possibility to move around a bit within that Stand?? (I may he wrong, of course!)

After that, and for the remainder of the season, it's back to business behind the goal!! Sunday will feel like the one and only time I allow myself to be 'touristy' on a visit to the Lane!
going to the Legends game, proper buzzing for the palace game, and even though Wembley served a purpose cant say i was ever excited about going there the past 2 seasons, and it feels so good to be finally going home!!! :tobyarm:

You'll need a half and half scarf and some popcorn then. :pocheyes:
I'm planning to get one with Tottenham on one half, and Hotspur on the other!!

I've already found one online:
41v1gq3+CAL._SX425_.jpg

Totally agree. Once the novelty of the new place has worn off, and particularly if we are nowhere near winning a cup & still not got any money to spend on players, I can see the NWHL being Wembley-lite in a few seasons time.

The first time i see some cunt wearing a Spurs-Woolwich or Spurs-Chelsea half & half scarf inside NWHL i'm throwing in the towel.
Maybe you should copyright half and half towels?

To me though Football started off as a working mans sport, how many of us would have supported this club like we do now if we hadn’t been taken to our first game at the Lane when we were younger?
I remember my dad taking me down the lane for the first time and from that minute I was hooked, the reality is the majority of people now wouldn’t be able to afford to take there son or daughter to there first game, i know you talk of supply and demand and your right as I had no problem paying for my ST I thought it was a reasonable amount but only as I’m lucky enough to be able to afford it, there are many out there who can’t afford such luxuries, and where does that leave us with future generations of fans, however the hard truth is the club don’t care about us as fans, they care about bums on seats and regardless of whether that person is a tourist or a lifelong fan as long as they pay the money The club is happy, fast forward 10 years though and we risk having the same atmosphere in the new ground as we have had at Wembley the last few seasons with seats occupied by tourists and day trippers, I know it’s a cliche but football is nothing without fans!

Spot on Fatty ... my first games in the 60's were often over the barrier, or paying a couple of bob to the gate man, standing on my own down the front (dad was somewhere up the back) getting my first taste of the Spurs. Those days are gone, whilst many off us are fortunate enough to be able to bring our kids and grand-kids they don't get the same down-to-earth experience we did, it's all part of today's molly coddled society I'm afraid.

The club care very much about the fans, no fans means no club, it's just the type of fans they care about are now those who will buy a Beavertown beer, will eat posh snack food, and do require wi-fi 24/7 .... that's not being dismissive of the hard core that's just the club catering to the modern world.

Much as we might want to we can't turn back time, the days of fans being 99% blokes with their sons, standing in all weathers, with just one toilet per 10,000 fans and bugger all other facilities ... those glorious days are long gone.

The season ticket waiting list spoke volumes after last year and the Wembley ST sales.
I think I was hovering around the 30K mark, but after all the Wembley ST sell off, allowing for "new" members to buy their ST etc, I am now still around 14,000 on the list.

So, I didnt get a ticket as I didnt want to sit with the Prawn Sandwich lot, which is pretty much all I had choice of when it was my turn - If Southstand was an option would have been right in there - not including the 1882 rip off.. But, a lot of those 14K in the list still in front of me, must have had much much better choice of seats and didnt bother.

I do wonder how many "new members" will dwindle away naturally, or even more so if we slump in performance a little.

Im at the legends game mate. I'm not sitting near you though, you are too noisy. Maybe not as noisy as alexwooty alexwooty but still very noisy. :dierpochhug:

It would be nice if the offish site streamed these events, give them a chance to check camera angles and so on.

Given that our website seems to be run by sixth formers from St Paul's and All Hallows next door I suppose its unlikely

The season ticket waiting list spoke volumes after last year and the Wembley ST sales.
I think I was hovering around the 30K mark, but after all the Wembley ST sell off, allowing for "new" members to buy their ST etc, I am now still around 14,000 on the list.

So, I didnt get a ticket as I didnt want to sit with the Prawn Sandwich lot, which is pretty much all I had choice of when it was my turn - If Southstand was an option would have been right in there - not including the 1882 rip off.. But, a lot of those 14K in the list still in front of me, must have had much much better choice of seats and didnt bother.

I do wonder how many "new members" will dwindle away naturally, or even more so if we slump in performance a little.

Do we still have a Season Ticket waiting list? I pretty much thought they were on a plate for anyone who wanted one at Wembley?

Do we still have a Season Ticket waiting list? I pretty much thought they were on a plate for anyone who wanted one at Wembley?
Yep, I'm at around the 70k mark.

They started off offering them to the first people on the waiting list, and then whatever wasn't taken up by them was offered to those a bit further down the line, and then eventually a lot of people very far down the list were offered the dregs.

As of the 6th February there are

42,364 ST holders &....wait for it....
175.8k One Hotspur members

Ticketing Points

Almost 200k members.
But test event tickets are still available....... to members for who this presents the best chance to get to see the new stadium.

I was 68k on the waiting list and got an ST at Wembley. When we had 20k to sell........
And I only became a member again in the December before we went to Wembley.

The waiting list is pretty much bollocks tbh.
But looks good on paper.

My nephew got offered one at the new stadium last March.
He was about 38k on the list at the time.

Back
Top Bottom