January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Janssen

Surely we try to include him as a player exchange with Ajax/PSV etc when we go for one of those highly rated players of theirs. If there’s one place his reputation might allow to get something for him it’s there i.e. €45m plus add ons plus Vinny for De Jong

Zlatan repeats basically what’s said on here 15 times a week and all he’ll breaks loose.
Why shouldn’t Kane leave if this forum is to be believed
This is a very, very good point you make.

We're punching above our weight
He's out of our range
He'd never sign for us
We'd never pay the wages
I don't want to see us spending like the big clubs
Doing it the right way
Remember the 90,s
We should be happy with where we are

Not the typical mumbling of a big club, a winning club, mentality, are they?

He's out of our range
He'd never sign for us
We'd never pay the wages
Doing it the right way
Remember the 90,s

I’d be happy for us to spend like Chelsea or City as long as the money doesn’t come from human rights violators or the Russian Mafia.
I’d be happy to spend like Utd or Liverpool as long as that doesn’t put us in some yankee corporations pocket for several hundred million while they use our club as collerateral for the businesses over the pond that they really care about.

I’d be happy to spend like West Ham and Crystal Palace and Everton as long as at was our money and the wages and transfers actually allowed us to finish higher than 8th. Oh.

I’d also be happy to invest 800M on a new stadium, like a big club, and wait just a little bit longer to reap its rewards while maintaining our status as top 3 CL regulars.

Imagining spending what Woolwich, Chelsea and Utd did, and also spending the whole season playing catch up to us. Again.

Players get fit, replace Dembele and Lorente and Janssen, get back to WHL, and Zlatan, and anyone else can go fuck themselves to be honest.

Futures Lillywhite.

He's out of our range
He'd never sign for us
We'd never pay the wages
Doing it the right way
Remember the 90,s

Yawn.

Do you honestly believe the likes of N'Koudou, Jannsen, Sissoko, N'jie, Stambouli, Trippier, Davies, Yedlin, Wanyama and Dier are all Pochettinos first choice dream signings?
His dream signings are probably Messi, Dybala, Modric, Mbappe, but this isn’t fucking FIFA son. Yes, I fully believe that he had a hand in all of those signings. If we know one thing, it’s that since he went from being coach to manager, Poch calls the shots on a lot of things. Like I’ve already said, in his book he spoke of his admiration for Wanyama before bringing him in. He absolutely wanted that player. Levy obviously doesn’t just buy players without the managers approval, don’t be ridiculous.

Re: Janssen

Surely we try to include him as a player exchange with Ajax/PSV etc when we go for one of those highly rated players of theirs. If there’s one place his reputation might allow to get something for him it’s there i.e. €45m plus add ons plus Vinny for De Jong
A nice Lozano swap deal would be magnificent

l think the constant media sniping hurts . Zlaten the ugly Slavic Swede cunt is saying what we hear all the time but in one nugget .
it does damage the club to hear this negative image of the club always being ridiculed in the press. Some fair , some not .
l wish we could just once get these media demons off our back. A occasional statement of intent with the first 11 would help somewhat .

spot on with pointing out the excuses that are the comfort blanket. I don’t get the mentality sometimes, but I do think it helps Levy to have a bit of a divided fan base, it stops too much pressure building on the boardroom. Some comments below.

We're punching above our weight (( are we though? I assume we are still well within the top 12 clubs in Europe, so certainly we should be in the position we are or close to ? We are currently closer to 5th than 1st but rightly competitive, so what weight are we punching above ? ))

He's out of our range (( absolutely no one really knows what the range is. If it is a case of ranges being limited then better scouting is necessary but there is equally no clear current evidence of any out of the box scouting, even at under 23 we are not picking up players for the development squad on a regular basis. I don’t know for sure what is going on. But it does not seem especially transparent ))

He'd never sign for us (( you can sign anyone if you pay the money. No professional would turn down Tottenham if they offered a better deal than anywhere else. NEVER sign is really the board will Never pay ))

We'd never pay the wages (( Agree. Above ))

I don't want to see us spending like the big clubs (( I do, to an extent anyway. And we are, in relative terms a huge club ourselves. We are not victims. We are not poor. We are not Wimbledon with fans. I’d be quite happy to have Chelsea worried about us signing Higuain before Thursday and I don’t think it would make my soul weep if Stirling was not on the bench but Higuain was. Mixing bigger purchases with home grown is the approach I would like to see ))

Doing it the right way (( there is no right way, not really. It’s just a hiding place where we can justify austerity by saying that we are not like everyone else. To the majority of clubs below us we are the same as the other big clubs, tell Southampton we are not like other clubs. I think we can be proud we are not Shity or the Chavs. But honestly their owners are the problem. Not the clubs themselves not really. So even if Shity were spending at our levels their regime still would deserve no respect ))

Remember the 90s (( yes I do and many do and it was terrible year on year. It’s actually a little frightening how bad it was and going back there is a constant worry. Yet the prick who was responsible for what happened gets a “Sir” and a crap TV show and gives his opinions on Twatter far too often. He needs to be fucking sorry for taking Tottenham and turning them into Wimbledon with Fans. I will never forgive Sugar. Never ))

We should be happy with where we are (( I am not happy where we are because we are still not where we should be. We are still recovering from piss poor ownership in the 90’s - see above - It is fantastic to be back in the mix but until we are retaining the big prizes (after winning them) we should not be accepting of second ))

Echos of glory, not also rans

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom