Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation=343, Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Aurier, Dier, Winks, Davies, Lamela, Lucas, Eriksen][/formation]

Park the bus, counter with pace using Lucas. Have Lamela start to shithouse our way through the match. N'Koudou on the bench to bring on more pace. Our injury situation gives us a free pass to do whatever it takes to get the result here.
:pochserious:

This times a million. I predict pens with Gazza saving all of them!

With Son playing in a knockout game in the Asia cup tomorrow afternoon, surely there is at least a very small chance he can be involved on Thursday? Even if as a sub... of course I suppose most are expecting South Korea to beat Bahrain tomorrow me included.. but you never know.

With Son playing in a knockout game in the Asia cup tomorrow afternoon, surely there is at least a very small chance he can be involved on Thursday? Even if as a sub... of course I suppose most are expecting South Korea to beat Bahrain tomorrow me included.. but you never know.
No way does he play on a Tuesday afternoon, take a long flight back across a few timezones, and play again on the Thursday evening. And honestly the odds of SK losing to Bahrain must be very long indeed, it's an absolute mismatch.

The main reason the scum beat Chelsea at the weekend is because they were way more up for it. Even at the end of the game Aubameyang was flying into tackles deep in their own half.

Chelsea are brittle. Get amongst them and they don’t like it. Considering our injuries I think the same tactic is our best bet. Effort above skill will close out this game for us. That and Skipp tapping out Hazard with a Boston crab

Hazard clearly doesn’t like playing alone up front but I can’t see Sarri playing Morata so put Toby on him and we can get a result

Llorente should never play for us again so let’s have Coco as a false No 9 and make a nuisance of himself but no early cards

Who’s the ref?

One thing that will piss me off more than anything, way more than not signing anyone, will be to sit there watching us getting battered and firing blanks, while Poch point blank refuses to bring on Sterling or Skipp.

If Llorente plays like the other day, he needs hauling after 20 minutes and he should be told that well in advance.
Same if we decide to play that silly idea he’s got into his head that Eriksen is some kind of deep lying CM.

Dier, Winks and Skipp can all play, that gives us Eriksen, Lamela, Llorente and Sterling further up.

If he uses his head, we could even play both the strikers and use to the other two out wide.

Would love to see him take some of those risks he spoke about ON the pitch.

I think Poch might know a bit more about that than us... :pochserious2:

It’s an interesting one that because while I believe NOBODY here knows even 1% about the running of the club regarding all the crap about Levy, I do believe that a good few number of fans do actually have the ability to pick a better 11, or make a better sub than managers from time to time.

I truly believe it.
How many times do people scream for a change 30 minutes before Poch actually makes it?

Football is not rocket science.
SAF was not a genius. He was a good football manager, and when his “superstars” played like shit, he threw their hairdryers at their heads.

One thing that will piss me off more than anything, way more than not signing anyone, will be to sit there watching us getting battered and firing blanks, while Poch point blank refuses to bring on Sterling or Skipp.

If Llorente plays like the other day, he needs hauling after 20 minutes and he should be told that well in advance.
Same if we decide to play that silly idea he’s got into his head that Eriksen is some kind of deep lying CM.

Dier, Winks and Skipp can all play, that gives us Eriksen, Lamela, Llorente and Sterling further up.

If he uses his head, we could even play both the strikers and use to the other two out wide.

Completely agree

I think it depends on our attitude.If we come out wanting it,we will win.
If we have the slightest doubts, they will pick up on this.
They are all over the show in their heads.Come out quick,don't let em settle.We could have this sown up in the first half hour.
As i said,it all depends on the attitude.

Last edited:

That post reminded me of these two:
The Self-Righteous Brothers

It’s an interesting one that because while I believe NOBODY here knows even 1% about the running of the club regarding all the crap about Levy, I do believe that a good few number of fans do actually have the ability to pick a better 11, or make a better sub than managers from time to time.

I truly believe it.
How many times do people scream for a change 30 minutes before Poch actually makes it?

SAF was not a genius. He was a good football manager, and when his “superstars” played like shit, he threw their hairdryers at their heads.
Wow, you actually believe that?
I have far more faith in the abilities of an ex international standard footballer with a pedigree in club football management than I do in mine or any other armchair expert making the right decision at the right time in a football match in the toughest league in the world.
Maybe Jesus Perez was a punter on the Espanol supporters news group and Porch was impressed with his advice.
:)

I truly believe it.

I think there are loads of fans who are convinced they know more than the manager regarding team selection and substitutions.
Personally I think that most of the time Managers make their decisions after weighing up far more information than fans have access to, eg how their recent form has been in training, what their general attitude has been, whether they have family issues or other problems which could affect performance. We dont know any of that but we do recall what Player X has done in the past and we assume he will do the same if given a chance. Trouble is, players aren’t machines and so thier performance outcomes aren’t guaranteed.
Then when it comes to subs, it can be a similar situation ie fans tend to focus on what our player could potentially do to affect change and scream for them to be brought on, whereas a manager is likely to be thinking about what his opposition manager will do after we make the change.
In terms of the delay on making changes, managers will often tinker with the formation firstly to try to affect change but this will often be missed by fans who will sit there fuming (or posting on forums), ‘why isnt he doing something?!’

Wow, you actually believe that?
I have far more faith in the abilities of an ex international standard footballer with a pedigree in club football management than I do in mine or any other armchair expert making the right decision at the right time in a football match in the toughest league in the world.
Maybe Jesus Perez was a punter on the Espanol supporters news group and Porch was impressed with his advice.
:)

That’s fine but as I said it’s not rocket science and sometimes it’s no more of a task than saying “I think I’ll play Mata instead of Fellaini”

Back
Top Bottom