Misogyny segments of the pod

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm a new listener, old enough to be your mothers or even grannies, and happy to have discovered the skip-ahead-30 seconds button for when you start talking about your sex lives. This week, however, when you started debating which team member's wives you want to have sex with, it was way over the line. I thought of Kosovo, of the Congo, and of numerous other places where rape of women and girls was/is used as a weapon. Of men who are forced to watch as their mothers/sisters/wives/daughters are raped by soldiers. So, please rethink your sex-talk, and I'll continue to appreciate your commentary and football insight (absolutely LOVED the guys in Barcelona episode!). And I'll stay ready to switch to The Food Programme.

I'm a new listener, old enough to be your mothers or even grannies, and happy to have discovered the skip-ahead-30 seconds button for when you start talking about your sex lives. This week, however, when you started debating which team member's wives you want to have sex with, it was way over the line. I thought of Kosovo, of the Congo, and of numerous other places where rape of women and girls was/is used as a weapon. Of men who are forced to watch as their mothers/sisters/wives/daughters are raped by soldiers. So, please rethink your sex-talk, and I'll continue to appreciate your commentary and football insight (absolutely LOVED the guys in Barcelona episode!). And I'll stay ready to switch to The Food Programme.
Are you a school nurse ?

What do you think of teachers that don't allow children in their classes to go to the toilet ?

It's been a while.

I find it a stretch to go from "oooo she's nice, I would give her one if she gave her consent" to "I shall rape your wives and children to demoralise you whilst fighting this war", if I'm honest

I accept that it may just be me.

It has been a while since I have listened to the pod but I remember them having previously discussed which Spurs players they would like to have sex with as a top and as a bottom. (from memory I think Winks was the most preferred bottom and Wanyama was the most preferred top) These were not my favorite segments but in order to be funny, authentic and real you have to occasionally risk being weird or offensive otherwise you get the bland laugh track filled nothing that is the modern sitcom.

Please don't change the pod, its unfiltered authenticity is its unique selling point IMO. In the bit where they talked sex with players no one implied they would attempt to force themselves on anyone and I assume the same was true when they talked about players wives. But maybe there are swingers in the squad. We all know Lloris likes to party and logically Sissoko would have too much stamina for any one person to handle.

There is a vulgar compliment in saying you would shag a married celebrity or a celebrities wife, it is probably not a good idea to say this about anyone you know personally but at least it means you consider them attractive. Would it have been misogynistic for someone to say something like, "I would not like to shag any of the current player's wives they are all too old, too fat and or too ugly men with the wealth and status of premier league footballers should ditch them and upgrade?"

Or something like,"premier league footballers should not get married it is a wasted opportunity, an unnecessary distraction and a threat to their future financial security?"
From riches to rags: Eboue left homeless

I remember hearing the word misogyny for the first time when I was very little and like all long words I didn't know I hoped it was a new Pokemon', alas it was not.
I only recently learned the opposite term misandry. If you would like an example of misandry try this.

I am not part of the target audience for programs like, "The Talk" and no one really cares what I think. Most of the time I just accept this and get on with my day.

I find it a stretch to go from "oooo she's nice, I would give her one if she gave her consent" to "I shall rape your wives and children to demoralise you whilst fighting this war", if I'm honest

I accept that it may just be me.

At some point over the last 10 years our culture has shifted - Its not the intention thats important, its how it could be perceived. Throw in 'privilidge' 'unconscious bias' and 'institutional' and its possible to shame or control anyone.

Don't always find the shock element of the pod funny, but would probably stop listening if it all became sterile and thought policed.

Back
Top Bottom