Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is becoming a really (and I mean this a compliment) functional member of the squad. He must be awful to play against, especially for those teams that are outside the top 6.

Was apparently limping a fair bit when spotted in the mixed zone after the game. One of his biggest strengths has always been that he seems to be neigh invincible. There were a couple of games last season where he got hit with some really nasty tackles and just shrugged them off. And it happened again last night in the first half (a tackle which he then gave back a receipt for). Hopefully he just needs some rest and some ice on it and he'll pull another Logan.

Was apparently limping a fair bit when spotted in the mixed zone after the game. One of his biggest strengths has always been that he seems to be neigh invincible. There were a couple of games last season where he got hit with some really nasty tackles and just shrugged them off. And it happened again last night in the first half (a tackle which he then gave back a receipt for). Hopefully he just needs some rest and some ice on it and he'll pull another Logan.
Logan... like that :tobyarm:

The magnificent run to take the ball deep into Leicester territory and then stop and hold the ball up, followed by a criminal failure to find Dele (and another player, but not sure if Sonny or Lucas) who busted a gut to break forward and offer support perfectly illustrated the Sissoko paradox.

The magnificent run to take the ball deep into Leicester territory and then stop and hold the ball up, followed by a criminal failure to find Dele (and another player, but not sure if Sonny or Lucas) who busted a gut to break forward and offer support perfectly illustrated the Sissoko paradox.

Indeed.

But I wouldn't dwell on it. Dele also fucked up many final balls last night. He had a solid game.

Indeed.

But I wouldn't dwell on it. Dele also fucked up many final balls last night. He had a solid game.
Agreed. It was just that it should have been a pivotal moment in the match, and he'd done the hard work really well, but topped it off with a shocker of a pass. There's no doubt that he's improving and gaining confidence game by game.

It was Son and I did wonder they were making the exact same run. So close to each other Sissoko probably thought it was a plus size pitch invader faster than Usain Bolf, and got confused and messed up the pass

You could spend all the time in the world criticising his technique or you could spend time supporting a guy who puts in so much fucking effort for the team. I thought he was great today personally. Helped KWP as much as he could and looked relatively good as a make shift right back when we went all out attack, put in one absolute beauty cross that Lucas should have scored too.

I don't think I'd ever start him at right back but he's shown to be a useful option at right back if we ever want to go all out attack because he has the energy and power to get up and down late in games.

Poch must love having such a versatile player on the books. At this point he has to be able to do an okay job in all positions in midfield and as a functional RB when required.

Having versatile work horses like him mean we don't have to move any of our more "main men" players into odd positions when we are hit by injuries or need to shuffle the deck.

Absolutely loving him at the moment. Can’t believe I’m saying this but he has been our best player for the best part of a month now.

Plays his role to perfection and can play a variety of roles if need be.

We're looking at other teams starting eleven and saying, "fuck Messi is playing", "fuck Ronaldo is playing", "fuck Hazard is playing", "fuck De Bruyne is playing"..etc. Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard, De Bruyne at al. will be looking at Spurs starting eleven and saying, "Fuck Sissoko is playing".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom