Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would not be the one to tout Sane over lol. I know you were one of the early supporters who rated Sonny high and often. I just hope the club would be able to get more and most out of him while he is here because as far as I know Son achieved all those numbers without the attacking front not really passing well to each other. At least not as well as it could imo. When they do we 'll be truly previlliged to see what Son and his mates can do to take the team to next levels
Sane is German so he's definitely a better player than the Korean bloke.

Assists are the shittest stat in football mate, just take a look at van Dicks for Liverpool against Everton (Aurier's yesterday, it was just a 10yrd pass).

I said I think Sane is a quality player, but he's not performed to Son's level, he's seen as a weak link by both his International Manager and also by Guardiola who's admitted he isn't entirely happy with his attitude. he isn't as versatile as Son, who can play across the 3 behind the striker and as Striker. Line them up against a wall in the playground and I'm picking Son over Sane every game.
Only issue with this is that Sane's assists aren't like that. Pretty much all of them are him beating players on the wing and putting balls across the box. He's also usually an excellent finisher when chances come his way plus he's a fair bit younger. I love Sonny all the same but sane has probably been the best player in, up until yesterday, by far the most dominant team in the league this season. If both were available to us it would be hard to choose but I'm more than happy with the one we have.

Only issue with this is that Sane's assists aren't like that. Pretty much all of them are him beating players on the wing and putting balls across the box. He's also usually an excellent finisher when chances come his way plus he's a fair bit younger. I love Sonny all the same but sane has probably been the best player in, up until yesterday, by far the most dominant team in the league this season. If both were available to us it would be hard to choose but I'm more than happy with the one we have.
Again, not doubting Sane's ability but the stat thing on assists though is a nonsense and irrelevant way to judge a players ability to play football, often relying on the ability of another player to score, others come from set pieces (Tripps has at least 2 from throw-ins) and others that require sheer luck (Loftus-Cheek's miss-hit shot that hit Kane's heel at the World Cup).

It's far more appropriate to use the number of goals he was involved in, the same goes for Son too, as both players are the type that creates chaos in oppo defence. The ability to run at and thru or behind the oppo creates all manner of opportunities and space for your teammates, even if their cross/pass doesn't at first find their intended target, as the damage is already done. The defence is out of shape, hurried and under pressure to clear their lines, often passing it straight back to a Spurs or City player, for the attack to start again and whilst it's still disorganised.

Not sure what age has to do with anything.

Son is far more diverse player, does what Sane dose running at the oppo but can also score from outside of the box, in addition, he is two-footed so is as devastating on the left as he is on the right. Sane is left wing only.

Son yet again proving what a problem a genuinely skilful two footed attacking player can be for opposition defences.

Literally no idea what to do with him.

He scores screamers but loses 1 vs 1 to GKs several times this season. Baffling
I think everyone on the team has missed at least a few 1v1. It's just for some reason, people seem to lose their collective minds when Sonny misses them then forgets about all the times that he does round the keeper well or beat the keeper 1v1.

kal5ikjafbzz.jpg

8 goals in 10 matches against Dortmund.

I've cracked. First bit of football paraphernalia I've ever bought my kids for fear of being a bit throbbing.

I've got the (2yo) boy a Son shirt. He's the only footbath player my wife likes (other than maybe Harry) and - though obvious - it's too easy a win.

Back
Top Bottom