Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DgkD1LLWAAAeuHY.jpg:large
:ossie:

Rv6HPj3.jpg

Getting ready for war at White Hart Lane
Or a Clan meeting!!
FFS, I've gotta go to bed with that image in my head now...
What if I told you there's a floating axe wielding MANIAC hovering outside your bedroom window RIGHT NOW....?
Sweet dreams!!

I went to that game, it was televised and I remember thinking what the heck was I thinking when I could have been watching from the warmth and comfort of my sofa. Can't be bothered googling this but I believe we won 2-0 and Paul Stewart scoring both?
You are correct... Paul Stewart with both.
I was there too!!
In the Sheffield snow, orange ball, yellow away kit, an attack on the senses!
Ah, the OTHER 1981 Wedding of the year!

This has reminded me of a weird thing that, as a boy, I couldn't quite understand... in the Aston Villa home programme in Sept of that year (and I only know cos it was the first programme I bought) there is another photo from this SAME Wedding, with what I can only describe as TWO Garry Brookes!
Either he had a twin at the ceremony, or its a double exposure!
Anyone have it??

Wasn't it a team photo taken at the Lane? Memory fading or mixing up of memories perhaps but I'm sure I recall something like that????
Pre-season tour of Ireland I think...
The Couple getting married were Spurs fans, and obviously it was easier to get the entire Spurs squad to turn up at your wedding in 1981 than it would be today!!

Back
Top Bottom