Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We could keep the same exact squad and finish top 4. But we now should start winning trophies. We have to win something this season
Even though me & most others are happy with top 4 every season. I think the problem will be that the likes of poch, kane & eriksen probably won't be in a few seasons time.

Had not City gotten their ill-deserved money and caused turmoil amongst the "top four", it would have been much harder for a club like ours to qualify for the CL. When the previous top four was no longer guaranteed their spots and when players could get bigger paychecks elsewhere, it made the top four have to fight harder to retain and obtain players. They failed, one after the other, in this slightly more open market, which is part of the reason we are were we are at the moment.

Football is less of a cartel then it was pre influx of money for PSG and City. The old rich controlled everything then. They are still trying desperately to keep and increase their control (see FFP, see CL seedings, see the new club world cup format that is in the works). Previously they have also worked hard to increase their power and wealth, such as with new formats to European Cups, seedings to those tournaments, new format to national leagues, attempts to get more of the TV money distributed to the biggest clubs, etc.

Imflux of money to lesser clubs from rich investors evens the game out more, making it harder for the select few old elite clubs.

It has been great for the game.
controversial :pochserious2:

It's still £44 million (€50 million). Madrid were supposed to be upping it this summer but they havent yet and won't be now as Kov would have to sign a new contract to do so and he obviously won't.
Just looking at Andrew Gaffney's twitter, he reckons the Madrid media say that Kov's release clause is €500 million, not €50 million, but I can't find any mention of this in the aforesaid Madrid media or elsewhere online. There's one story from June that has Real Madrid insisting its €300 million, but again, I can't find any corroboration of this (link below in Spanish. No evidence to support their claim, can't say I've ever heard of the website either).

Might be best to assume that no one knows anything, although Andrew Gaffney is not one for bullshit...

Aviso del Madrid por Kovacic: "Su cláusula es de 300 millones" - Madrid-Barcelona

this looks about right, no?
Bye_keyboard.gif

Kovacic with a £40m release clause and wants to leave.
Martial apparently wants out and would like to work with Pochettino.
Zaha keen on a move to Tottenham.

Welcome to Tottenham Rondon and Fonte.

Back
Top Bottom