New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DbFnhL4XkAYCiXw.jpg
You can see my flat in that photo.

As I see it as a supporter that flies over thrice a year or so it's going to be a lot more expensive now. The new north stand will be lacking in atmosphere and as I don't have enough LPs I'll have to buy second hand tickets for the south stand for crazy sums.

so basically it's going back to the years the only way to get affordable tickets was to fly over for league cup matches

As I see it as a supporter that flies over thrice a year or so it's going to be a lot more expensive now. The new north stand will be lacking in atmosphere and as I don't have enough LPs I'll have to buy second hand tickets for the south stand for crazy sums.

so basically it's going back to the years the only way to get affordable tickets was to fly over for league cup matches

Tickets via exchange will be face value. Stub hub has gone.

FYI I will have access to a south stand ticket. Probably available about 25%of matches.

So always feel free to give me a shout.

Tickets via exchange will be face value. Stub hub has gone.

FYI I will have access to a south stand ticket. Probably available about 25%of matches.

So always feel free to give me a shout.
Cheers mate!

In 1990 we didn’t even need a ticket in advance before flying over to get in the Shelf and for most matches you could buy a ticket on the day for the Paxton upper

I'm pretty sure that more seats isn't going to mean less availability...

Some news from the NFL tie-in. They seem to be struggling to figure out exactly how the stadium will be set up for NFL matches - this from a ticketing email:

Seattle Seahawks v Oakland Raiders at Tottenham Hotspur, October 14
We know that many of you are waiting for us to announce the on-sale dates for Seattle Seahawks vs Oakland Raiders at the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium. Due to the stadium being under construction, we do not yet have a full, finalized seating plan for NFL games. For example, US broadcasters of NFL games require considerably more camera positions than for a soccer game (minimum of 27) and they need the opportunity to survey the stadium. To ensure that we deliver the best possible fan experience – and to avoid selling seats that we later discover will have an obstructed view - we cannot go on sale until this seating plan has been finalized. We expect to begin hospitality ticket sales in June, with all other tickets likely to follow in early August.

I'm a little surprised that the club seem to have been caught out on this. Lots of NFL fans moaning that they'll only be able to buy tickets 2 months before the fixture. And plenty saying that they think the match won't go ahead at our stadium at all.

Some news from the NFL tie-in. They seem to be struggling to figure out exactly how the stadium will be set up for NFL matches - this from a ticketing email:

I'm a little surprised that the club seem to have been caught out on this. Lots of NFL fans moaning that they'll only be able to buy tickets 2 months before the fixture. And plenty saying that they think the match won't go ahead at our stadium at all.

There is probably enough time during the commercial breaks to build half the stadium. No need to panic.

Back
Top Bottom