Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fear it. I just don't know. Our football is better, but I expect United to be more clinical. We've come a long way, but I think we still miss something going into knock out games.
sadly its true. were a great team and capable of beating anyone on our day. But in games like this we lack a certain 'know how' of getting the job done. Im kind of bracing myself for a frustrating game. Im not melting. just been here many times before but to not alot of success.

Lets hope we are wrong this time COYS

It seems VAR is inevitable. I absolutely despise it. I also feels it means Refs will just make less calls in games knowing that VAR can save the decision for them.

It shouldn't be used for fouls IMO. Blatant offsides or decisions that are so crazy that it's universally accepted that they're wrong. Sending off Gibbs instead of AOC for eg.

Also they should be completely invisible. just in the Ref's ear and we shouldn't even know it was VAR making the decision. This also means they have to make decisions much more quickly. *which if the decisions are CLEAR AND OBVIOUS this shouldn't be a problem!!

Stuff like United's goal vs Huddersfield with the wiggly lines and maybe a knee offside or the rochdale fiasco?! Fuck off and stop ruining our game.

---------------------------Vorm------------------------
Trippier------Toby--------Vertonghen---Davies
-----------------------Dier-----Dembele-------------
----Son------------------Alli-----------------Eriksen--
----------------------------Kane------------------------

Complete 50-50 game. Get behind the team, don't let the media drivel tell you we bottled anything!
I cant stand the 'bottled it' tag. I dont think we bottle it, the effort has been there but we just lack the know how of getting through important ties like this. Like you said, its the media thats labelled us bottlers in the past because lets face it, we are not very well liked as a club.

---------------------------Vorm------------------------
Trippier------Toby--------Vertonghen---Davies
-----------------------Dier-----Dembele-------------
----Son------------------Alli-----------------Eriksen--
----------------------------Kane------------------------
Actually i might be tempted to go 3 at the back with Sanchez in for Son.

We are coming off a sleepy performance against BHA which is not ideal. Lets hope we get our shit together and play as well and together as we know we can. Utd seem a little better equipped and experienced in matches such as this but Its anyones game. Two teams in it , one has to win, why can't it be us

VAR-lets not make excuses already-play to our best , we will not need it or complain about it-simple.

I make United slight favourites for this. I think though that there's a high chance the game will be very close and will hinge on a bit of luck, a controversial refereeing decision or a shot that hits the woodwork or whatever. I doubt it will be a game where either side clearly outplays the other. Very nervous.

CousinEddie CousinEddie how you holding up mate? Calm as a rock?
Cool and calm as always, brother...

swtn.gif

I await to see the exact wording and context before judging Poch's comments.
However in my mind psychologically it is massive. However much people quote the FA Cup declining in importance, there are other factors. How many losing semi finals in a row would this be, not having won a trophy, our performance against the big teams, bottlers. Let's blow all of those stats away. The boost to confidence will be massive if we can win. Experience is key and that is what the players will get and it cannot be understated. The experience of winning a big match. Not long ago we could not end up above the woolwich, done and now something that we do not worry about.
Some of the 1981 cup winning team said the win changed their lives and they went onto win cups in the next few years. Next season if faced with the Juventus situation, the winning experience will help pull us through.
Last years semi when we dominated Chelsea but their experience of winning pulled them through. That is what we need. Not only will it help the players but the fans will have belief next season and beyond and the fans nervousness translates onto the pitch. MU won 2 trophies last season and Mourinho has won many, all that experience has to give them a massive advantage. This will be harder than the league match.
I do not care how we win as long as we do.

Maybe Poch's comments are just a way to take the pressure off and let the players not to make the game too out of the ordinary in their heads?

who knows

Something about Semi Finals in the sunshine that I love. To experience something like 1991 again would be awesome. We'll be up for this, no worries. I expect a strong, powerful performance, and I'm not sure Man Utd could live with that.

Back
Top Bottom