Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmm... Pochettino to Bayern Munich?

Bayern Munich have contacted Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino to succeed Jupp Heynckes, according to former Liverpool star Dietmar Hamann.

The Argentine has proved a huge success since arriving in north London in 2014, with Real Madrid also said to be considering the former Southampton chief as their next coach.

According to Hamann, however, Bayern are looking for Pochettino to take over from Heynckes if the 72-year-old decides to end his interim term at the Allianz Arena at the end of the season.

“I know Bayern have been in contact with Pochettino and that he was an option – and might still be,” Hamann told Sky.

“Some say the Bayern coach should be a German, it might be one area of importance, but not the only one.

“Even Pep [Guardiola] was not perfect. It is about picking the best coach possible.

“For me, that man is Pochettino.”
Aaah, Dietmar Hamann, let's remember his somewhat less than stellar managerial career, shall we?

At non-league Stockport County he won a staggering three (count 'em!) games out of 19, but still managed to blame someone else.

Since then he has managed to carve out an utterly unremarkable punditry career on Irish TV, shifted down from weekly Premier League stints to irregular European competition and Irish national team duties, while at the same time getting into serious financial difficulties as a problem gambler.

I'd rather hear what Tim Sherwood has to say

Bayern Munich have contacted Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino to succeed Jupp Heynckes, according to former Liverpool star Dietmar Hamann.

The Argentine has proved a huge success since arriving in north London in 2014, with Real Madrid also said to be considering the former Southampton chief as their next coach.

According to Hamann, however, Bayern are looking for Pochettino to take over from Heynckes if the 72-year-old decides to end his interim term at the Allianz Arena at the end of the season.

“I know Bayern have been in contact with Pochettino and that he was an option – and might still be,” Hamann told Sky.

“Some say the Bayern coach should be a German, it might be one area of importance, but not the only one.

“Even Pep [Guardiola] was not perfect. It is about picking the best coach possible.

So, that would be an illegal approach then. Can only request permission from the Club, can't speak to a representative because he doesn't have one.

“For me, the most important thing is the process,” he said.

“Take Leicester – all that they enjoyed was the process. It was a fantastic story, that Leicester won the Premier League.

“But the moment you lift the trophy and then put it down, that disappears. You will be in the history but you cannot live in the past.

“When you win something it is like you have finished an amazing job. But the process is the most beautiful thing, no?

“When you arrive, you arrive. But then you need to be ready for the next challenge. If not, all that happiness will transform into sadness.

“That is in society, not just football. You need to find different motivation and stimulus.

“I’m not saying that winning is not good, all that we are doing is to try to win.

“The culture of winning is so important but to create that culture, you need to work a lot and take many steps to arrive there.

“It is not, ‘Oh I am going to create a winning mentality and culture. OK in two months, we are going to start to win’.

“It is not like this. Different groups, different clubs, you need different timings, to arrive.”

Pochettino’s men, despite missing star striker Harry Kane, will be favourites to progress to the last four of the competition against the Swans, who have shown considerable improvement under Carlos Carvalhal.

“Of course Swansea have quality players,” the Spurs boss said.

“If you find the way that exploits this then he (Carvalhal) deserves the praise. He finds this point to change the dynamic of the team.

“It does not surprise me, because in football today it’s difficult to surprise people, but yes of course he’s doing a great job, he, his players and his staff.

“Of course, we expect a great atmosphere. Swansea will be motivated to go to the semi-final like us. It will be so tough.

“Look what happened with us at Rochdale or Newport. The competition is completely different to the Premier League. They will be so motivated and it will be a tough game.”

Pochettino is a great manager and he can become a big but why to go to Bayern Munchen?
Pep Guardiola with BM arrived only at in semifinal for 3 years ( eliminated by Real Madrid, Barcellona an Atlético Madrid): was Bayern Munchen won Triplete before (2013).
In Bayern Munchen burned in 1 year Ancelotti ( a big , winner Champions League with different teams- Milan and Real Madrid. His Chelsea won CL with Di Matteo after Villa Boas).
The players like Müller & C. are too influential.

For me Pochettino should continue the path of growth with Spurs.
There are margins.

was at a kids party at the weekend and was speaking another dad who is a 'Spurs' fan. Knew it all... you know the type? Said he wasn't convinced by Poch and if he doesn't win anything this season he might get the sack. Walked away swiftly as kids were about... was only going to end one way!

With fans like this we're fooked. Utter wanker

was at a kids party at the weekend and was speaking another dad who is a 'Spurs' fan. Knew it all... you know the type? Said he wasn't convinced by Poch and if he doesn't win anything this season he might get the sack. Walked away swiftly as kids were about... was only going to end one way!

Anyone that thinks Levy would get rid of a manager who can turn youth team/lower league players into Internationals worth £100m-£200m is mental.

Anyone that thinks Levy would get rid of a manager who can turn youth team/lower league players into Internationals worth £100m-£200m is mental.
the guy was clearly clueless but it worried me he spoke this way. Was like listening to a Chelsea fan, as if we are entitled to win something, does he not understand the magic Poch has bought is the reason we're competing. This twat would probably want Jose as his replacement.

the guy was clearly clueless but it worried me he spoke this way. Was like listening to a Chelsea fan, as if we are entitled to win something, does he not understand the magic Poch has bought is the reason we're competing. This twat would probably want Jose as his replacement.
Sounds like he’ll crossover to Chelsea by next season anyways I rarely take “fans” seriously

Guy in the office is a season ticket holder and some of the shit he comes out with beggars belief. Always laying in to Levy and the players. He makes it sound like supporting us is a huge chore, dunno why he fucking bothers

Guy in the office is a season ticket holder and some of the shit he comes out with beggars belief. Always laying in to Levy and the players. He makes it sound like supporting us is a huge chore, dunno why he fucking bothers

I suspect this person sits right behind me at Wembley.

IT'S JUST THIS ... for any moment where we aren't 2 goals up.

The fucking cunt.

Back
Top Bottom