Question for Priya: How I learned about Christian Eriksen...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Background: I'm 61 and live in Philadelphia, USA (originally from NY); Spurs supporter since 1992. I love your podcast, including the Extra Inch (I learn a lot). I've bought a Dembele shirt off this site and also just made a modest donation. Finally got to White Hart Lane in December 2016 - v Hull. Looking forward to getting to the new stadium about one year from now.

Anyway, I was hiking in Los Picos de Europa (N. Spain) in September 2013 with my two adult daughters. We saw 500 goats, a sheep dog and a dutch couple over a beautiful 11 mile hike. The dutch couple were on their honeymoon - late 20's. She was a pro tennis player (or had been) and he played professional football (I think maybe for Twente FC). His name might have been Luthar? Anyway, he asked me who my favorite team was when I told him I follow Football. Upon telling him it was Spurs his eye lit up and said I'd be happy to learn they signed a new player he had played against/with: Christian Eriksen. Any chance you can ask Priya who this guy might have been? It has been bugging me for years and while listening to today's Extra Inch episode it occurred to me that she might know. Best to all and thanks for all. Michael P.S. Keep inviting Dan Kilpatrick on the pod - love his coverage on ESPN FC and his podcast as well.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom