Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Towards the end he had one of his shooting blocked and the poors counter began. Kanes ran the play down all the way to our box and defended I think it was Chamnerlins shot. That was around 80 min mark? After fulll 90 min of running down RM defence only several days ago? That to me was as impressive as loads of goals he gets thesedays

But did he win a medal?

So, did you like it ?

I did not, and I do not like Carragher. The "you need to win medals to be world class" argument probably makes him feel like he was an absolutely fantastic footballer. Was he better than our Alderweireld or Vertonghen, just because he was part of a CL-winning side? Fuckno. But at least if he makes people buy into his shit arguments he might be seen as if he was.

I did not, and I do not like Carragher. The "you need to win medals to be world class" argument probably makes him feel like he was an absolutely fantastic footballer. Was he better than our Alderweireld or Vertonghen, just because he was part of a CL-winning side? Fuckno. But at least if he makes people buy into his shit arguments he might be seen as if he was.

If that Liverpool side could win the Champions League, we can win it as well.

I think we are the competitions biggest dark horses it's seen since Porto won it. A week long street party down Seven Sisters Road if and when it happens. COYS!!!

DM2FqHjW4AAquOM.jpg

Nice to see Kane with one of his adoring fans
I thought Sammy Davis Jrn was dead. Well I never.

He's becoming unplayable for defenders. Lovren was the first I've seen a player blatantly freeze up from the Kane fear factor. Amazing.
I thought they must have taken Lovren off for injury but apparently it was just that he'd been torn a new arsehole. MOTD commentary was of him sat on the bench "wondering if he'll play for Liverpool again"

At this point harry isn't just beating defenders, he's ending their careers

Do you seriously not see that it is retarded to think that:
1. Whether you are world class depends more on which country you are born in than your quality as a player?
2. Whether you are world class depends more on which club you play for than your quality as a player?

Kane isn't world class because he wasn't born in Spain and because he, instead of joining Man City to get freewins with a team that bought success, stayed with Spurs and lifted the entire club?

Whether he wins anything here or not, he has already done more than many winners.
It's a discussion piece based around the opinion of a guy who was a pretty decent international and club player. The same guy who has turned out to be a pretty fair analyst and presenter.
Calling his opinions retarded - because you disagree is hardly the stuff of intellectual discourse.
You express yourself how you like though, you get heard by twenty people

His opinions are heard by thousands and respected by a significant portion of that number.
As far as I can tell.

To me it wasn't a condemnation, just an opinion.

Do you seriously not see that it is retarded to think that:
1. Whether you are world class depends more on which country you are born in than your quality as a player?
2. Whether you are world class depends more on which club you play for than your quality as a player?

Kane isn't world class because he wasn't born in Spain and because he, instead of joining Man City to get freewins with a team that bought success, stayed with Spurs and lifted the entire club?

Whether he wins anything here or not, he has already done more than many winners.
None of what you said was articulated or implied in the piece.

It's a discussion piece based around the opinion of a guy who was a pretty decent international and club player. The same guy who has turned out to be a pretty fair analyst and presenter.
Calling his opinions retarded - because you disagree is hardly the stuff of intellectual discourse.
You express yourself how you like though, you get heard by twenty people

His opinions are heard by thousands and respected by a significant portion of that number.
As far as I can tell.

To me it wasn't a condemnation, just an opinion.

Carragher has an opinion but then he says stuff like this and you realise his opinions are PFM nonsense...

If it was Neville’s opinion piece I’d be more likely to take notice of it.

Can't get over how sublime Kane's touch is now, and how much his passing has improved also.
That ball to Son was a beauty, Son didn't even have to break stride to slot it away.. lovely goal.

That's his biggest improvement in the last year perhaps, his passing has become exceptional. Poch said in interview yesterday that Harry isn't a machine. I'm not sure I believe that, his rate of improvement is not human. We don't have a world class striker here, that has only occurred to me in recent weeks, what we have is a phenomenon like Ronaldo is. Kane being only 24 is starting to blow my mind to be honest. Where is his peak going to be because he hasn't reached it yet.

Europe isn't an island, so unless he goes to south America to play in the Copa then it's a pragmatic yardstick

So much pedantry to make a point. Does everything have to be spelled out?
Perhaps, yes. But I find the whole ‘world class’ thing a modern phenomenon. It’s a tedious, clichéd phrase. According to the author, Pele wasn’t world class..

That's his biggest improvement in the last year perhaps, his passing has become exceptional. Poch said in interview yesterday that Harry isn't a machine. I'm not sure I believe that, his rate of improvement is not human. We don't have a world class striker here, that has only occurred to me in recent weeks, what we have is a phenomenon like Ronaldo is. Kane being only 24 is starting to blow my mind to be honest. Where is his peak going to be because he hasn't reached it yet.
Gently Bentley .......
We are not Scouse. Lets keep the Hyperbole Hound in its kennel

Back
Top Bottom