Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re Barnsley, you can only play what is in front of you. He made the goal so fair play to him. Wouldn't mind seeing him at right back and Aurier at left at some point.

He really isn't looking unrecognisable.

The team were firing on all cylinders and the league was winding down. People's expectations were too high and a bit rose tinted. There's a reason we bought Aurier
He played well last season. He is not this season. Are you suggesting he was this bad last season?

The reason we bought Aurier was because he's one of the best players in his position in the world and we needed a RB.

He played well last season. He is not this season. Are you suggesting he was this bad last season?

The reason we bought Aurier was because he's one of the best players in his position in the world and we needed a RB.

He was good but he certainly isn't good enough to be first choice. even last season he was getting turned inside out by anyone with a bit of a pace/guile. Martial against United springs to mind.

People developed a bit of a rose tinted view of his abilities when Walker left

Well, what did you think?

...I think Poch is a smart man and waited until he had showed he had played everyone else at left back first. Aurier had a few dodgy times in defence at right back and was playing someone cutting inside at left back, so couldn't complain about his place in the team there at all. It also sent another message to Rose that we'll cope well without him. Aurier lasted the 90 minutes and Rose was the second choice left back on the bench.

But, to be blatantly honest, Salah gave Aurier, Vertonghen, and Lloris a hard time. Lloris and Vertonghen sensed the danger well after the goal. That said, Aurier is still an improvement on playing Son anywhere near there, and Trippier plays a lot better at right back where he can both make more assists and defend properly with a calm mentality. But we knew this before the game in my opinion and it just reaffirmed it. No doubt Aurier is more talented on the ball but Trippier deserves his place at right back in the big games until Aurier improves his temperament which he will eventually under Poch.

I really like the 5-3-2, 3-4-3, or even the 4-4-2, and in general styles of play that drop Eriksen out of the attack and give us less possession than the opponent. It means almost anyone can do a job on any side and we play more ruthlessly on the counter.

Poch now has a lot more tricks up his sleeve to win a game, even more than I imagined at the time of suggestion. In general the experiments have worked well, and he has improved the team beyond expectation.

I thought he was a good squad player/backup but lately he has been Great, tonight as vs dippers he was not looking anything like a weak link against some of the most dangerous attackers around.

Him and Davies should be very proud.

Back
Top Bottom