Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF48471-1024x768.jpg

Spurs x Citeh, circa 2019
#18 looks like a tiny dancer

I'm in no position to comment, but you might be able to save money with a packed lunch?

My strategy is to drink as much as as possible and then head off for a chicken shish. Not for everyone I know.
That's my plan as well, save that I will drink champagne and go for a boutique kabab in the new in house Michelin restaurant "The Levy House".

Every post you have has an agree from either Scott, NSFB, Mindblown or The Dane. Simmer down. One of those has been outed as a Woolwich fan previously, another has been openly homophobic in the past couple of days and another has been racist in the politics forum.

You didn't ''highlight'' anything. You took the piss. We came 2nd last season and all you do is prance around highlighting our failures. Never championing our successes. Why is that?
Who is a woolwich fan?

It really wouldn't surprise me to find out that 70% of the posts in this thread were simply ctrl+c - ctrl+v from the Summer 2016 Transfer thread. Or 2015. The transfer thread has turned into a bad remake of Groundhog Day...

Who is a woolwich fan?

Anyone who doesn't agree we need to splash cash. Or that Levy knows what he's doing and it's great that we don't splash cash. Or thinks Lamela is the second coming of Jimmy Dimmock. Or the next Soldado.

Everyone here is a fucking gooner, just trying to troll the Spuds, without realizing they're just trolling fellow gooner trolls. Its football forum inception, trolls trolling trolls while being trolled within a great circus of trolls.

Anyone who doesn't agree we need to splash cash. Or that Levy knows what he's doing and it's great that we don't splash cash. Or thinks Lamela is the second coming of Jimmy Dimmock. Or the next Soldado.

Everyone here is a fucking gooner, just trying to troll the Spuds, without realizing they're just trolling fellow gooner trolls. Its football forum inception, trolls trolling trolls while being trolled within a great circus of trolls.
giphy.gif

So for 18 months I basically lived off sea water & the protean from my own cum.......

Oh sorry I was on the phone to your mum...

Have we signed anyone yet ?

Here's a game we can play...

1. Name a player that will improve the first team squad. OK
2. Does he cost more than £30m? If yes, then go to 1 else go to 3. No
3. Will he want more than £100,000 per week? If yes, then go to 1 else go to 4. No
4. Will this player destabilise the core team ethic we have, and prevent youth progress? If Yes then go to 1, else go to 5. No
5. Made it this far? Wow, we'll probably sign them if they exist. We did

:wanyama:

Who will we sign this year? I have no idea but that's because I'm a Spurs fan on a Spurs forum, not an agent, manager, sporting director.

However, one signing that maybe got away so far this window is the lad Palace signed from Ajax. He would have been a good addition, especially as it appears Wimmer wants to leave?

Evening all! I'm sure one of many readers that don't post but I thought I'd get in on the action/ bollocks

We've come along way but 100% need our team to strengthen. Anyone who seriously thinks we don't have fallen for Levys PR stunt. To dare is to do right? Not a lot of daring going on at the moment and whilst I trust our manager and our first 11 I honestly cannot believe we haven't rolled the dice and shown our intent for the season. How can we be so close yet they send out such a poor, deflating message to the league, our supporters and any genuinely ambitious player either half interested in playing for us or playing for us already.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm past the denial stage and sadly think our slow play has put a bit of an unnecessary target on our backs now. I also think we'll struggle to keep our nucleus from the vultures over the next couple of seasons. Come on Levy, leave a proper legacy for crying out loud!

You've got a weird understanding of "To dare is to do". I hope you'll go back to staying silent, as the kind of unreasonable negativity that you spout can only be negative to the club.

That's not a legacy. Blowing billions of pounds on mercenaries who won't fit into what our successful manager is doing and who will keep academy products out in the cold, and adjusting the wage structure to unsustainable levels are what they should do. Fucking Levy and ENIC building the league's best infrastructure to have the club set for future, sustainable success, while at the same time only going very slowly towards the top, only securing slight improvements to our historic record point tallies in the PL, just so they can make money, the greedy bastards. How dare they? Fuckers should at least put some massive debt on the club! So that we can be like the others. And buy players, like United, that can win us the league cup while securing sixth. Fuckers! #Levyout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom