Spurs Vs PSG

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we see Danny Rose Erik Lamela and Harry Winks return anything close to 100% of their previous form and ability that will be fantastic. And Winks looked pretty good last night in his first run out.

People on here weren't impressed with nkoudou? I thought he looked quite promising, was keeping Alves on his toes the whole time he was on the pitch
When he makes space on the outside he can't cross it. When Walker-Peters set him up unmarked on the far post he fluffed it completely. He can't join in the short passing moves around the box because he doesn't have the touch or vision. I would be tempted to sell him while there are still a few people that think he could turn out to be good. He is very quick, no argument about that.

VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur just realised will you be attending the Nashville game? You could almost walk there right
Sadly no. When the summer tour was announced I was really on the fence and wanted to go, but it's actually a bit of a haul to get there (about 6.5 hours), and I've already driven to Kansas and back this week, so I'm road weary.

My dog has been boarded since Tuesday and I can't pick him up until tomorrow, and I want to spend that time with him.

Think KWP showed real promise and he could be the next full-back Pochettino makes into a star.
CCV I have to say I've never really been impressed by him and I'm not sure he's a very good fit for the team. Hugely athletic but I don't think he has the technical quality we demand of our CB's. Still very young so not writing him off by any means.

GKN showed flashes of promise but I'm sceptical about his end product. Still the squad is looking healthy if you assume Rose, Lamela and Winks return to full fitness with KWP and Onomah also ready to make the step up.

Tashan Oakley-Boothe became the first Millennium born player to play for Spurs (14.02.2000).
DFbXx5xW0AAf_o9.jpg

I thought Walker-Peters was fine.

As he plays more with these players, he'll only get better. His running off the ball will get better as he grows more confident realising that Eriksen and Dier and the rest can find him. He doesnt have to worry that Cy Goddard is no longer feeding him attempted passes.

Nice to see practically our full strength team in the second half weren't troubled and we kept a cleansheet.

If we see Danny Rose Erik Lamela and Harry Winks return anything close to 100% of their previous form and ability that will be fantastic. And Winks looked pretty good last night in his first run out.

Lamela's best leaves lots of room for improvement. For a £30m pound player that rarely makes a difference that isn't good enough. He's not going to improve what Alli, Eriksen and Son do better.

Only saw a little bit of the 2nd half as it was my twin daughters' birthday party last night but what I saw looked good, Toby's shot was pure sex.

Caught the game on demand this morning since there was no way I was staying up for a game at 2am with work starting up on Monday.

-KWP was solid offensively and grew into the game, but did a fair few errors defensively, leading to the the second Paris goal. But that's what these type of games are for.
-CCV also did a few errors but grew into it as the first half went on.
Impressed by N'Koudou. He has speed which we already know and is getting more scrappy, not afraid to step in and get physical and took it to Alves. We can see why we bought him and that there is quality in him.
-Janssen continued his trend of good hold up play and had some nifty link up towards the end, but couldn't get into scoring positions on his own and all his positioning was seemingly ignored by the others, nullifying him (see my latest posts in the Vinny thread for deeper thoughts on this).
- Onomah grew into the game. Will be fun to see him grow this year.
- Booth was a bit too invisible for me to really rate him.
- Wimmer had a shaky start but grew into the game. And actually rectified his own mistake and that is always a bonus.

Always fun to get a win over a PSG that wasn't that weakened. Defensively we started shakily and it was obvious at times that we were a bit rusty, but we grew into the game. Fun pre season game all in all.

What has he done to make you reach that conclusion? Five goals in a full season for a dominate team suggests limitations of which he has many.
That's only factoring in the league tho. In the 15-16 season he scored 11 goals in the PL and EL combined and provided 10 assists all competitions combined. By the time he was injured last season he had netted 2 in all and provided 7 assists, indicating that if he had kept that form up all season long he would probably have broken last years numbers with quite a bit.

Lamela has been improving steadily every season he has been with us

Seeing all the talk about being impressed but the fringe players...

I'm going to be brutally honest. They were poor when it came to the basics. Dembele and the senior players did too much running filling in gaps they left.

Plus they were suprisingly languid and almost lazy. This is their big chance! Don't they know that? I could not believe how many runners they let glide past them.

I'm going to be kind and say the heat got to them. Our standard players were great. A few slips from Dier but PSG were very dangerous and the chaotic scoeeline could have gone either way.

We desperately need better backup players IMO. They don't have any spark/passion/oomf.

I've been dying to get pace in the team. KWP, Onomah, N Koudou have all this pace but they have terrible instincts.

I'm not going to ignore the cracks because of the score. If it wasn't for Lloris and some brilliant play by the senior players that could have gone south quick.

The gulf in class between them was massive. If they play this season, they will be liabilities. It's too soon for them.

We can't have this crop as our replacements for Eriksen etc. It's been ages since I've wanted an active transfer season and we need signings.

The only thing that's not making me freak out is Dier, Wanyama, Rose etc can play more than one position. But they will need a rest and it's a long season.

I'm worried. I've been upbeat about the last 3 or 4 seasons but I'm worried about this one.

And god damn is it me or did Alli get taller.

Back
Top Bottom