Fixtures announcement for 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that was at WHL (or even better in Turin) I'd be well up for it, at Wembley my first reaction was unsure. But I'll still go...got to get used to the place and try and make it feel like home, not just the players but us fans as well.
I think we should just go out there and rip the pitch to pieces, could cause a few injuries the next day

Newcastle United (A) – now Sunday 13 August, kick-off 1.30pm – live on Sky Sports

Chelsea (H) – now Sunday 20 August, kick-off 4pm – live on Sky Sports

Swansea City (H) – remains Saturday 16 September, kick-off now 5.30pm – live on BT Sport

West Ham United (A) – remains Saturday 23 September, kick-off now 12.30pm – live on Sky Sports

Huddersfield Town (A) – remains Saturday 30 September, kick-off now 12.30pm – live on Sky Sports

Details of the rescheduling of the home match against Burnley on Saturday 26 August due to the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final at Wembley Stadium will follow in due course.

So everything on TV so far.... apart from Burnley (home) and Everton (away).

I suspect suspect Burnley is giving them a bit of a headache. Personally really annoyed at that. Can't make a Sunday so hoping it gets shifted to Friday night (not probable with rugby next day) or Monday night (more probable but infringes on International week and they probably have some daft rule about that).

So everything on TV so far.... apart from Burnley (home) and Everton (away).

I suspect suspect Burnley is giving them a bit of a headache. Personally really annoyed at that. Can't make a Sunday so hoping it gets shifted to Friday night (not probable with rugby next day) or Monday night (more probable but infringes on International week and they probably have some daft rule about that).
Why can't it be shifted to Sunday?

Why can't it be shifted to Sunday?

Just because I can't make it then :levywtf:

I guess it probably will be the Sunday. Just perhaps a bit of a pain to change pitch markings etc overnight?! Who knows. I remember with NFL they require 5 days before an event to set up for example, all sorts of stipulations at multi-use stadiums.

I guess it probably will be the Sunday. Just perhaps a bit of a pain to change pitch markings etc overnight?! Who knows. I remember with NFL they require 5 days before an event to set up for example, all sorts of stipulations at multi-use stadiums.
Moreover I doubt we really want to play against Burnley on a pitch ripped up by the rugby.

Ah I misread, fair enough!

That Burnley game at 4pm on the Sunday suits me fine. At a wedding Saturday (always loved Rugby league haha) so gives me plenty of time to nurse hangover before making the journey.

Back
Top Bottom