New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's Staple's Arena in Los Angeles last year for the League of Legends World Championships ... eSports is a very real thing that brings big crowds and has a ton of money attached to it.

league_of_legends_world_championships_staples_crowd.jpg
So WTF are these people actually watching? Where is the action? That shot shows no big screens, just spotty dudes sitting in front of TV screen 500m away. Got to be one of the shitest things in the world to pretend watch.

But if it's going to bring in +£20m per year in revenue, I'd go down there and welcome each one personally as the hand over their cash.

Here's Staple's Arena in Los Angeles last year for the League of Legends World Championships ... eSports is a very real thing that brings big crowds and has a ton of money attached to it.

league_of_legends_world_championships_staples_crowd.jpg
And passion, I actually know a few swedes who are highly ranked and earn a decent living doing what they enjoy, on top of winnings there's plenty of money from sponsorship deals - this 'sport' is only 10ish years old so yeah pretty real and is going to get even bigger.

Don't understand why people would just say 'no, piece of shit anybody that likes it is an idiot' etc. I don't like it either, but more just I don't really care about it. And you can't rip on any of the guys doing it because they are getting paid thousands of dollars just to do something a lot of people do for fun. Different strokes for different folks.

Whatchou talkin' about, Willis?

The top of the stadium itself is now visible from the East coast main line, just as you go past Hornsey depot. Will be nice seeing my ground every day just before I have to go past the Emptycrates.
Used to do that commute everyday for many years, made worse when they started to build their new place. Don't do that journey now, but that's good to hear as I know it would have put a smile on my face too.

Got to be good level of precision with those seat bases. Hopefully we have a bit more arse room next next year.

That would be nice. The amount of times when I have tried to sit without pushing someone in front off their seat was comical. I remember one time in park lane upper, mid row and the bloke sat next to me was bigger than me, still he broke the ice with ' I have never felt close to you until now' lol

That would be nice. The amount of times when I have tried to sit without pushing someone in front off their seat was comical. I remember one time in park lane upper, mid row and the bloke sat next to me was bigger than me, still he broke the ice with ' I have never felt close to you until now' lol
Purely for pre match you understand

West Ham can have it to go along with their trampolines. Hire out the stadium as a playground when they're not using it.
You can actually see the Olympic athletics stadium bowl from the upper tier of the North Stand.

Amd if they use the silly slide they can see what a proper football ground looks like

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom