Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But he does make our paper best 11 for last season anyway. He's better than dier currently I would say.

If just making a list based on performance levels? Subjective, but yeh, maybe... (not sure what the point of such a list would be tho... Always gonna come down to fielding 11 players in a coherent system otherwise performance levels are likely to drop anyway).

....Regardless, not for me tho... A more spectacular contribution vs the more understated roles that ED takes up for sure, but Dier is an important piece of the puzzle for us and is key to our in-game flexibility or formation... Hard to see we'd have thrived in a 3421 without him and the glimpses of him at DM in the 2nd half of the season were as good as ever.

Meanwhile, as I already pointed out somewhere earlier in this thread, but it was still heavily debated wether Sonny was starting callibre WAY into this season.

Winks can also play as advanced CM in 433 he played in that position against Monaco away last season.

Lamela only need a few run of games to return to his level.

Regarding Winks, even though he can play that advanced role, he's not nearly as good in that advanced role. Dembele can also play that advanced role, but not as good as Son.

Regarding Lamela it's possible it could take a few games. It's possible it could take a few months and it's possible he may never reach the level he was at before his injury. He's been out for months however so we really don't know how good he will be on his return.

Regarding Winks, even though he can play that advanced role, he's not nearly as good in that advanced role. Dembele can also play that advanced role, but not as good as Son.

Regarding Lamela it's possible it could take a few games. It's possible it could take a few months and it's possible he may never reach the level he was at before his injury. He's been out for months however so we really don't know how good he will be on his return.
Or you could also argue that Son may never replicate his 1/3 season purple patch.

Either way, our starting lineup is more complete without him than with him.

Or you could also argue that Son may never replicate his 1/3 season purple patch.

Either way, our starting lineup is more complete without him than with him.

So he scored 20 goals in a third of a season? So what you're saying is if it is skill and not form he should be scoring 60 goals next year?

I'm lamelas biggest fan. But give Son credit where it's due, he's been fantastic this season and "fans" like you really don't deserve him.

Winks can also play as advanced CM in 433 he played in that position against Monaco away last season.

Lamela only need a few run of games to return to his level.

You really can't be serious. Are you related to Lamela seriously? Sonny scored 21 goals and had 7 assists this season. You are dismissing him as a squad player yet defending a player who had one good season for us and has been crocked or shit the rest of the time. I really don't understand some.

Again some will take me as a Lamela hater which I am not but let's be honest Sonny gave us the type of season we were waiting on for years from Lamela. I am fine keeping them both and hope Lamela can return to full fitness and form but suggesting he would be ahead of Son int eh pecking order is laughable.

You really can't be serious. Are you related to Lamela seriously? Sonny scored 21 goals and had 7 assists this season. You are dismissing him as a squad player yet defending a player who had one good season for us and has been crocked or shit the rest of the time. I really don't understand some.

Again some will take me as a Lamela hater which I am not but let's be honest Sonny gave us the type of season we were waiting on for years from Lamela. I am fine keeping them both and hope Lamela can return to full fitness and form but suggesting he would be ahead of Son int eh pecking order is laughable.
All of his good games came from against midtable/relegation foddlers that had nothing to play for whilst looked way out of his depth in key season defining games that mattered like spammers away and chavski in FACSF.

Lamela is a big game player, he relishes them.

With both on top of their games, Lamela is several levels superior.

nelson-simpsons-haha.jpg

Back
Top Bottom