New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep the impact of having NFL for the Naming Rights deal is absolutely funking massive.

...and you can be sure that all involved in the financial future at Spurs will be using this as a bargaining chip when it comes to sponsorship. Those on here not into NFL may not understand the actual reach of that league. Having them on board with us is enormous. Of course I'm not privy to NFL finances etc but as a fan of the sport in general (college level also) I assure you it's still growing globally, both in fandom and participation.
I never thought a franchise would work in UK - logistically it's a fucking nightmare, but to have a purpose-built field under the Spurs playing field, and recent commentaries about a London franchise, all adds up to £££$$$$£££ for those latching onto it.
I know several gooner NFL/football fans and they travel to London for the International Series, and now they have to go to the home of spurs for their live fix. :) Fuckin' 'ave it.

With the deal with the NFL lasting 10 years, I'm not sure why Levy would strike a naming deal any longer than that. I think it was brought up previously, but 2 NFL games a year likely increases the value of a naming rights deal by about £1M a year. Also, if the NFL put a team in London (hint: this will happen and it will be at NWHL), any naming rights deal would basically double. I honestly think it will end up in the 10 year, £100-120M range. £20M a year is not realistic IMO, but hopefully Levy proves me wrong.

The first 4 million goes to the owners of the stadium not to West Ham. I also think, although am not totally sure, that after that half goes to the owners. Basically there is very little money in it for the club.
We should all chip in and offer to sponsor the new stadium to the tune of £3.99 million. Call it the London council athletics track

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to the valuation of Stadium Naming Rights, as many stadiums get named by the owners companies (Etihad, Bet365, DW, KC, KingPower etc....) they are basically used to pump in owner investments to circumnavigate FFP rules, this artificially inflates the values of them. Those that are named by non-owners they on average around £5m per year mark (take out the Emirates deal and that figure drops to approx £1m per year). The bottom line is Stadium Naming Rights deals in the UK is still in it's infancy. West Ham have been trying to secure, and failed, at getting partner based on £6m per year!

What I'm saying here is £20m is massive amount of money, it will be the largest 'independant' deal ever brokered in this country. The first thought would be to obtain a valuation that covers the loan repayments on the debt accrued to build the stadium. You may have some credence over the length of the deal but this is when deals get very complex, as I'm sure the value of a deal cuts both ways, with the unknowns of Brexit it is also possible the value of the deal could also go down.

I know a lot of clubs get deals from associated companies but although they are sorta fake they still inflate the market generally. I think it is no good looking at deals from smaller clubs and also not from clubs that have older stadiums that have just been given a name later. Not sure what that would show with what is left, probably there aren't many left so we're in uncharted territory largely, but my point still stands that the likes of Woolwich's deal from 2004 is not where the market is now. West Ham is a bad example because not only are they a much smaller club and run very badly but they don't own the stadium and there has been massive negative publicity from the stadium move and the problems they have with the stadium not being fit for purpose. It's just a very different scenario to Spurs who are a top four team challenging for the title with exciting players, no real risk of relegation building a brand new football stadium of high quality with the added advantage of NFL. It may be the largest independent deal yet but I still think £20M would be cheap.

Brexit is an interesting factor, I agree.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to the valuation of Stadium Naming Rights, as many stadiums get named by the owners companies (Etihad, Bet365, DW, KC, KingPower etc....) they are basically used to pump in owner investments to circumnavigate FFP rules, this artificially inflates the values of them. Those that are named by non-owners they on average around £5m per year mark (take out the Emirates deal and that figure drops to approx £1m per year). The bottom line is Stadium Naming Rights deals in the UK is still in it's infancy. West Ham have been trying to secure, and failed, at getting partner based on £6m per year!

What I'm saying here is £20m is massive amount of money, it will be the largest 'independant' deal ever brokered in this country. The first thought would be to obtain a valuation that covers the loan repayments on the debt accrued to build the stadium. You may have some credence over the length of the deal but this is when deals get very complex, as I'm sure the value of a deal cuts both ways, with the unknowns of Brexit it is also possible the value of the deal could also go down.
Do west ham even have rights to the name?

By rights i assume you mean who has the right to negotiate a deal, who are the contracted parties in that deal. This I am not 100% sure about but I would be incredibly surprised if West Ham had any significant legal rights except simply that E20 had to add them as a third party beneficiary in any deal. Both West Ham and E20 have some benefit. As far as I can see it is up to the owners (E20) solely (they have the 'rights'), West Ham are not involved in negotiations with the sponsors as mere tenants. Which makes sense as they would only be a third party to the contract. However, they clearly have entrenched themselves as beneficiaries in the whole process.
As I have said after 4 million they get 50% which would be deducted from their rent. I suppose the idea is they are the reason for any significant sponsorship. Obviously West Ham is not a particularly attractive club to be associated with right now. They have an image of thug fans and shit football. On top of that is widely considered to be an awful stadium. Also Olympic stadiums find it difficult to get sponsorship in general.
So to simply answer your question, no.

They have a world class wrap though?

But at least we get another 'last ever game at the Lane vs Chelsea' & the 'last ever game at the Lane vs West Ham' & the 'last ever, EVER game at the Lane' & the 'last ever NLD at the Lane' to enjoy though.

So, when I emailed the club a couple of months ago asking "why the fuck are you renewing the flooring in the Nort Stand fucking toilets/restrooms if your knocking the fucking gaff down in May". We'll, we now know why they didn't have the courtesy of offering me a reply...

So, when I emailed the club a couple of months ago asking "why the fuck are you renewing the flooring in the Nort Stand fucking toilets/restrooms if your knocking the fucking gaff down in May". We'll, we now know why they didn't have the courtesy of offering me a reply...

Or maybe it was the profanity?

We have agreed an extension until 30 April 2017 with WNSL in respect of the option to play home games at @wembleystadium next season...
.....this is to give ourselves greater flexibility before making the final decision on the decommissioning of White Hart Lane.
Our intention remains to spend next season at @wembleystadium before returning to our new stadium in Tottenham for the 2018/19 season.

We have agreed an extension until 30 April 2017 with WNSL in respect of the option to play home games at @wembleystadium next season...
.....this is to give ourselves greater flexibility before making the final decision on the decommissioning of White Hart Lane.
Our intention remains to spend next season at @wembleystadium before returning to our new stadium in Tottenham for the 2018/19 season.
Gonna have to give you some lessons on copy and past me old mucka
:dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom