New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you come in the Mossy well? As working there and kitchens full of plastic man u fans , and nice to meet another spurs fan in area 2bh
My parents live in the Mossy Well! So I go in their to check they are alive.

Went to school in the area and it's even split yids and gooners. Good places to watch spurs in the area is the hope and anchor hornsey and Gerties Brown East Finchley. Their used to be a big spurs contingent that went to the Royal Oak in Muswell Hill but I fell out with the land lady so not welcome their anymore!

Had another nosey around the new stadium today, work is progressing well and I'm hoping that means we only have to spend one season at Wembley, not two. I love the way it is going to be like the nou camp with high stands and everyone on top of the action.
But I'm a bit concerned about some of the recent news such as
- how much it is going over budget with the need for the NFL pitch installment
- the business model, I really can't see many people paying that kind of money on a regular basis to sit behind the manager's area, or sit in a seat with a bumwarmer and usb point; I think the club may have to take another look at that, which could be good news for the fans
- the regeneration money, which doesn't look forthcoming. It's been a few months since I was down there and the area around the stadium looks as big a dump as I've ever seen it.
Anyhow what's clear is that as much as I love WHL we need a new stadium, but I wish Levy hadn't bothered with the NFL bollocks and just kept things more simple

Had another nosey around the new stadium today, work is progressing well and I'm hoping that means we only have to spend one season at Wembley, not two. I love the way it is going to be like the nou camp with high stands and everyone on top of the action.
- the business model, I really can't see many people paying that kind of money on a regular basis to sit behind the manager's area, or sit in a seat with a bumwarmer and usb point; I think the club may have to take another look at that, which could be good news for the fans
- the regeneration money, which doesn't look forthcoming. It's been a few months since I was down there and the area around the stadium looks as big a dump as I've ever seen it.
Anyhow what's clear is that as much as I love WHL we need a new stadium, but I wish Levy hadn't bothered with the NFL bollocks and just kept things more simple
It's not over budget.
One of these is true but I can't remember which: We have already sold 3/4 or 2/3's of the premium seats! Over one and a half seasons before opening all on multi year deals!

My mistake, not over budget, but double original estimates.
The stadium is more or less the same cost. The original costs of the NDP didn't include the hotel, office's, block of flats, sports centre, health centre and entire new avenue of shops (or whatever they are) next to Lilywhite house. I assume these are all being built to earn more money and go towards paying off the stadium build??

The stadium is more or less the same cost. The original costs of the NDP didn't include the hotel, office's, block of flats, sports centre, health centre and entire new avenue of shops (or whatever they are) next to Lilywhite house. I assume these are all being built to earn more money and go towards paying off the stadium build??
I thought the cost of the retractable pitch for NFL games was a major additional cost to the stadium itself.
As for the hotel, flats, etc I'm trying to buy into Levy's vision of Dubai on the Lea, but I think it's actually quite a risky way to do things. Essentially they are counting on London flat prices going up and up (they also have to pay for some affordable housing) whilst the current indication is we could be heading into a correction if not a crash in that sector. If the smart young people on big dough don't move to the area, then the health centre and shops will also become an additional loss making burden.
Levy's "exposed" email might actually smack of a bit of desperation. I know he considers himself the ultimate negotiator, but walking around the area today, I thought to myself, this is very very ambitious, involving a hell of a lot of money, at a time when the economic boom time in London might be coming to an end.

You underestimate people with money.

I thought the cost of the retractable pitch for NFL games was a major additional cost to the stadium itself.
As for the hotel, flats, etc I'm trying to buy into Levy's vision of Dubai on the Lea, but I think it's actually quite a risky way to do things. Essentially they are counting on London flat prices going up and up (they also have to pay for some affordable housing) whilst the current indication is we could be heading into a correction if not a crash in that sector. If the smart young people on big dough don't move to the area, then the health centre and shops will also become an additional loss making burden.
Levy's "exposed" email might actually smack of a bit of desperation. I know he considers himself the ultimate negotiator, but walking around the area today, I thought to myself, this is very very ambitious, involving a hell of a lot of money, at a time when the economic boom time in London might be coming to an end.
I'm no expert on this but I understand the single tier stand is "cheap" to construct as it's all steel frame.

Some of the affordable housing has already been done in Brook House (made £5m on it too I think) + those at Northumberland Station. And there was some "new agreement" over the commitment to the number needed or pricing around them at the time we finally got approval. Although I have to admit this bit is all over my head.

Not sure if I have seen a time frame for the other stuff to be built. Woolwich still haven't finished building the flats outside their stadium, that's 10yrs after they moved in.

We get rent allready from Sainsburys & Tech college. The demand for housing in London as never been higher. Hotel will be a slow burner I guess, geared to match days and event day (NFL, concerts, shows & conferences).

I've more confidence in Levy getting this bit done/right than the football side to be honest. His email was a kick up the arse, they responded with their confirmed commitment, but think we all know the council ain't getting things done as fast as we are, they still say the station will be done, but can't see the walk up across love lane done for some time.

Completely off topic and purely imaginative as we look well set on playing at Wembley for the whole of next season, but I would love to see us play at Charlton's ground next season. Intimate ground and wouldn't have away teams turning up and playing the match of their lives against us because its Wembley. Too close to Woolwich though.....please don't kill me.

'

The money from the NFL will more than pay for the cost of the extra playing surface. That league is absolutely rolling in cash.

Completely off topic and purely imaginative as we look well set on playing at Wembley for the whole of next season, but I would love to see us play at Charlton's ground next season. Intimate ground and wouldn't have away teams turning up and playing the match of their lives against us because its Wembley. Too close to Woolwich though.....please don't kill me.

I'd love to see Spurs play at Soldier Field. Twice the size of WHL, and the average -10 degrees Celsius temp in the fall/winter would annihilate Italian/Spanish teams. And best of all? It's about 4,000 miles from Woolwich.

We've got to get used to playing on a large pitch. The new ground's pitch is almost identical in size to Wembley. Got to bite the bullet sometime.

A nice view of Core 6 spoiled by somebody scoring their hattrick...
3DB2E21B00000578-4261288-image-a-242_1488118451205.jpg

Just standing in the space where the pitch is going to be and looking up and around sends shivers down your spine. Its like being in the middle of the Colosseum. Can't wait until it's finished.

The money from the NFL will more than pay for the cost of the extra playing surface. That league is absolutely rolling in cash.

It is at the moment, although some analysts think it's moved into bubble territory.

I'm just being a cynical spurs fan, I'm really hoping it all comes together - the stadium is full, we retain the players and manager, we get some regeneration money, and it helps turn the Tottenham area around. I like the idea that people can use their stadium for their offices too.

The worst case scenario is the club ends up having to foot the bill by selling our best players to clear the debt we've taken on. ENIC will not inject cash like Abramovich.

In Levy's email, though, I noticed the Tavistock Group are a major source of the loan capital - isn't this Joe Lewis? So he is essentially lending the club he owns money, at interest?

So levy sends an email and leaks it telling local government to pull their weight and honour their part of the deal. If they don't or drag their feet am I right in thinking it will affect the development south of the stadium and not impact the stadium build itself. Basically if you don't pay your way the flats and hotel don't get built untill you do? Oh and don't. Lane is for the lack of infratstrucure if fans can't get home because the station hasn't been uograded

Back
Top Bottom