The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stoke are keen to do Leicester a favour and beat Spurs on Monday..... .

th

Stoke have not lost against any of the division's top five on their own ground this season, drawing with Leicester and Woolwich and beating Manchester City and Manchester United...Did not know that, in which case don't see you getting more than a point...Think Leicester will be 9pts clear come Tuesday.

Oh fuck off you mental tosser. Who gives a flying wank what you think?

Stoke have not lost against any of the division's top five on their own ground this season, drawing with Leicester and Woolwich and beating Manchester City and Manchester United...Did not know that, in which case don't see you getting more than a point...Think Leicester will be 9pts clear come Tuesday.

Ah-haaaaa..Mmmmmmm, yes... but the law of 'EVEN PATTERN RULE OF 5' (there IS such a law, I looked it up on Wikuntpedia) states that these type of things even themselves out symmetrically...
if they've already WON 2, and DRAWN 2 against FOUR of the top FIVE... the law of 'Even Balance Patterns' says there is only ONE result that can go in the middle to 'EVEN UP' the 5...
therfore henceforth, they are due to lose the other one! That's where WE come in!

....and if (you can be arsed) to count the number of goals so far in those other 4 games, I'd wager you could even work out the score on Monday....anyone...? ANYONE??

Was referring specifically to the WH state of mind. Clearly not specifically enough, MrS.
Well.......you either win or you lose? Either way you get a result. So I guess, it can go either way. WOW! I've seen the football light-the Leicester logic. LC supporters , nothing gets pass you. To win or yo lose, that is the question?
I hope you get stuffed. its a must win for you.

Listen here Blo Boy? All the facts are irrelevant. its each game as it comes now. You must win on Sunday regardless of what you've done. We are buzzing and up for the fight-we have nothing to lose and all to gain. Most supporters on here have been saying, it will go to the wire, Im getting used to the idea, so should you. See you later Rob Boy

Last edited:
I am a die hard LCFC fan. Home and away every season for nearly 40 years (yes I am old..). Just wanted to put a genuine LCFC fan perspective here and you can ignore it, spit it back or accept it. First I apologise for the glory buy idiots claiming to be LC fans and saying we have or will win the league. We have 72 points which is fantastic but that will not win the league. Even though this is the thing of dreams for me to be in the top 4 it is also sad as most current LC fans have only been here since we got promoted. We gained 10,000 last season as soon as we went up and I prefer the old days of 20,000 genuine home fans and 1500 genuine away fans. I personally want to smack every person whether LC or not who say we have won it as we have 5 damn hard games coming up and in each of the last 5 wins we could have easily lost them. Whereas, I hate to say it but you guys and outplaying teams and I can honestly see you winning every game left - which puts us in one heck of a situation. I suppose most Spurs fans just see the LC results and think we can't stop winning but being at the games it is a different matter. You ask why we come to your forum and in my case it is intrigue to see what fans of a big club like yours thinks of us as remember we have never had this much press in our history whereas you have in your glory days. our previous glory was 4th in 1963 and a couple of league cups under the great Martin O'neil. Yes both Spurs and LC have idiot fans and some decent ones. I will not lie and say I like you because at the moment you are the one thing standing in the way of my life long dream and this is also the reason why genuine Spurs fans hate us at the moment - only natural but I will say one thing and that is you have played some good football this season and our home game against you even when you were mid table at that point I said to my mates then that you would probably win the title as there was a strength and level in you I hadn't seen in the other so called good teams. I personally think you will overtake us and not because we will bottle is because us losing to WH, Manu and Chelsea is not bottling it but losing against strong teams. Even Everton away this season is was a nerve wracking last 10 minutes when they could have scored a couple.So I wont wish you luck as I don't want you to have it but I just wanted to put right some idiot claiming LC fans on here who are clearing only recent fans which is why they expect us to win something we have never won. I can assure you older genuine LC fans have no thoughts that we will win it and are simply shell shocked week in week out. If Manu has beat you then it would be a different story but your great win has really changed matters and we panic every time you play the same as I presume you think we will just win. Even Swans at home is damn tough as they have hit a real purple patch. Long post but just the one and if you win it you will deserve it. If we win it we will deserve it but any LC fan who is on about us having it in the bag needs to be ******* as that is so thick and pathetic to say when we have a top team below us with 15 points to play for and they are looking unbeatable.

Personally, I don't hate Leicester fans. As you say, every club has some bad fans, but good ones also. As a team, I just don't have anything against Leicester. We've been screwed over and talked down to unfairly and cheated by the likes of Woolwich, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool for years and they are really the only teams I can't bear because they have has such an attitude of entitlement and bad sportmanship toward us. Leicester have been great this year, I don't think your football is as good as ours, as most stats except the main one that matters show, but you deserve to be where you are fighting for the title. If you win it then you deserve it. As you say, if we win it we deserve it. We'll have to see how the next five games go, but really you need to win the next three else the nerves in those last two games will make them exceedingly difficult to win. Us, we're just playing how we have all season and chasing is easier than retaining the lead. I expect you to win it, but you may not. We will push you all the way. Either way, I'm happy. It has been a brilliant season and we will only get better over the summer, so I can just enjoy it. I will say though that I put money on Spurs winning the title earlier on in the season when most fans thought we had no chance, so it would be nice to be shown to be right. I'm pleased the Leicester fan in the paper took the cash a month ago rather than letting it go to the line and risking losing thousands.

I am a die hard LCFC fan. Home and away every season for nearly 40 years (yes I am old..). Just wanted to put a genuine LCFC fan perspective here and you can ignore it, spit it back or accept it. First I apologise for the glory buy idiots claiming to be LC fans and saying we have or will win the league. We have 72 points which is fantastic but that will not win the league. Even though this is the thing of dreams for me to be in the top 4 it is also sad as most current LC fans have only been here since we got promoted. We gained 10,000 last season as soon as we went up and I prefer the old days of 20,000 genuine home fans and 1500 genuine away fans. I personally want to smack every person whether LC or not who say we have won it as we have 5 damn hard games coming up and in each of the last 5 wins we could have easily lost them. Whereas, I hate to say it but you guys and outplaying teams and I can honestly see you winning every game left - which puts us in one heck of a situation. I suppose most Spurs fans just see the LC results and think we can't stop winning but being at the games it is a different matter. You ask why we come to your forum and in my case it is intrigue to see what fans of a big club like yours thinks of us as remember we have never had this much press in our history whereas you have in your glory days. our previous glory was 4th in 1963 and a couple of league cups under the great Martin O'neil. Yes both Spurs and LC have idiot fans and some decent ones. I will not lie and say I like you because at the moment you are the one thing standing in the way of my life long dream and this is also the reason why genuine Spurs fans hate us at the moment - only natural but I will say one thing and that is you have played some good football this season and our home game against you even when you were mid table at that point I said to my mates then that you would probably win the title as there was a strength and level in you I hadn't seen in the other so called good teams. I personally think you will overtake us and not because we will bottle is because us losing to WH, Manu and Chelsea is not bottling it but losing against strong teams. Even Everton away this season is was a nerve wracking last 10 minutes when they could have scored a couple.So I wont wish you luck as I don't want you to have it but I just wanted to put right some idiot claiming LC fans on here who are clearing only recent fans which is why they expect us to win something we have never won. I can assure you older genuine LC fans have no thoughts that we will win it and are simply shell shocked week in week out. If Manu has beat you then it would be a different story but your great win has really changed matters and we panic every time you play the same as I presume you think we will just win. Even Swans at home is damn tough as they have hit a real purple patch. Long post but just the one and if you win it you will deserve it. If we win it we will deserve it but any LC fan who is on about us having it in the bag needs to be ******* as that is so thick and pathetic to say when we have a top team below us with 15 points to play for and they are looking unbeatable.
I think you speak for many fans of BOTH sides...
Good luck to ya... but not your team!
THAT'S how football rivalry works, right?
You have the right to support your team, I have the right to support mine... but don't expect either of us to be happy if the other one wins!

It's gonna be one hell of a final 5 matches!

So you're saying they took points off a shit Woolwich, a shit City and a shit Utd....Oh, and let's not forget you're in the same club here too. Doesn't exactly worry me to be honest. We'll beat Stoke, and I expect us to win all our remaining games too. Not sure you're going to be able to handle that pressure, especially as with each win you will be surprised having got your hopes up that we'll drop points. You're adding more pressure to yourselves by talking it up like this which is exactly what I want, so keep flapping those gums of yours
giphy.gif

We can still do it.

And if we do, it'd be the greatest comeback in premier league history. We'd have deserved it and we'd have done so with more goals scored and least goals conceded then anyone else and with the youngest team.

The squad isn't giving up. So neither should the fans.

Could all change over a single weekend, imo.

West Ham stands a decent chance of picking up a win, strange enough to say. If we smash Stoke and Leicester's good luck runs out, then the title picture is going to look vastly different reduced to just 4 points.

Well.......you either win or you lose? Either way you get a result. So I guess, it can go either way. WOW! I've seen the football light-the Leicester logic. LC supporters , nothing gets pass you. To win or yo lose, that is the question?
I hope you get stuffed. its a must win for you.

As always, you're correct. The game could go either way. Or it might be a draw. My point was that the Man U result could have a significant effect on WH - and how they respond could go either way. Pumped up to save their season or despondent that their best chance of success has gone.

If one team is 7 points ahead of the other, which would you say is more in need of a win? Logically?

Personally, I don't hate Leicester fans. As you say, every club has some bad fans, but good ones also. As a team, I just don't have anything against Leicester. We've been screwed over and talked down to unfairly and cheated by the likes of Woolwich, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool for years and they are really the only teams I can't bear because they have has such an attitude of entitlement and bad sportmanship toward us. Leicester have been great this year, I don't think your football is as good as ours, as most stats except the main one that matters show, but you deserve to be where you are fighting for the title. If you win it then you deserve it. As you say, if we win it we deserve it. We'll have to see how the next five games go, but really you need to win the next three else the nerves in those last two games will make them exceedingly difficult to win. Us, we're just playing how we have all season and chasing is easier than retaining the lead. I expect you to win it, but you may not. We will push you all the way. Either way, I'm happy. It has been a brilliant season and we will only get better over the summer, so I can just enjoy it. I will say though that I put money on Spurs winning the title earlier on in the season when most fans thought we had no chance, so it would be nice to be shown to be right. I'm pleased the Leicester fan in the paper took the cash a month ago rather than letting it go to the line and risking losing thousands.
Top post mate. I agree we certainly need to win on Sunday and then it depends on your Monday game whether we need to win the following two. I suspect like you that we need to win 3 more as you will go on a winning run til the end especially as 2nd looks near certain for you so you can literally go all out against teams like you did against Manu. I agree you have played overall better football but early in the season we did play some top stuff.

Sunday is massive for us and you. We lose you have the edge imo and if you take it back to 4 points then I put you as favorite - like a runner closing on the home straight against the leader. I personally think your Manu win was massive for you and possibly a season changer - we really did expect them to take at least a point from you. Either way this is a season to remember for both and for us just to be in the mix and talked about by so many is fantastic.

The pressure is building *choke* *choke*

The curious thing is that a West Ham win will induce more pressure on the team than a Leicester win. I'm interested to see how we respond should a glimmer of opportunity have presented itself.

Back
Top Bottom