McGinn to the Lane?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is he as good as Alan Hutton?
I knew Alan Hutton's real Dad. No relation to John McGinn.

Hutton was/is a top class player. He just needs the correct management - someone to put an arm around him. I wouldn't complain if Hutton returned to the Lane.

But anyway, McGinn. Different player to Hutton. McGinn is young so could develop into a more attacking or more defensive midfielder because currently he is a box to box, hard tackling playmaker. Excellent first touch and vision. I hope we seal the deal for him this summer.

I like how we buy youngsters and bring them on so effectively under Pochettino.

I knew Alan Hutton's real Dad. No relation to John McGinn.

Hutton was/is a top class player. He just needs the correct management - someone to put an arm around him. I wouldn't complain if Hutton returned to the Lane.

But anyway, McGinn. Different player to Hutton. McGinn is young so could develop into a more attacking or more defensive midfielder because currently he is a box to box, hard tackling playmaker. Excellent first touch and vision. I hope we seal the deal for him this summer.

I like how we buy youngsters and bring them on so effectively under Pochettino.
Lol. Hutton is gash.

Just because Scott Allan sits on the bench doesn't mean John McGinn is a bad player. I fail to see your logic

Really? Plenty of similarities. Both being hyped, as you say, 'the most exciting midfielder north of the border' whilst playing Scottish Championship football. Now Scott Allan can't get into a failing Celtic side, as I imagine would be the same with McGinn. Name the last player from the Scottish leagues that has come to the premier league and excelled?

From his highlights reel I'd say he looks like a talented lad, if you compare him to other scottish championship players. Based on what very little I've seen, I'd say scottish premier league is what he should be realistically hoping for, not a top English side.

Really? Plenty of similarities. Both being hyped, as you say, 'the most exciting midfielder north of the border' whilst playing Scottish Championship football. Now Scott Allan can't get into a failing Celtic side, as I imagine would be the same with McGinn. Name the last player from the Scottish leagues that has come to the premier league and excelled?
Arteta? Di Canio?
Kenny Miller?
Steven Naismith?
James McCarthy?
Jelavic?

But all that is irrelevant - like your earlier post - because McGinn deserves to be understood in his own terms. You're the type of 'supporter' who probably thought Alli and Bale were overpriced wastes of money when they were signed. Don't let an anti-Scottish snobbery cloud your enjoyment of the beautiful game... and Super John McGinn

Arteta? Di Canio?
Kenny Miller?
Steven Naismith?
James McCarthy?
Jelavic?

But all that is irrelevant - like your earlier post - because McGinn deserves to be understood in his own terms. You're the type of 'supporter' who probably thought Alli and Bale were overpriced wastes of money when they were signed. Don't let an anti-Scottish snobbery cloud your enjoyment of the beautiful game... and Super John McGinn

Fair shout I'd agree with most of them. Maybe not Kenny Miller, that's laughable. However, none of those players transferred within the past 4 years since the standard of football in Scotland has dropped even further (Jelavic and Naismith leaving in 2012, the season Rangers died).

Being a part-time Celtic supporter I wouldn't agree I have an anti-Scottish snobbery, just realistic.

Back
Top Bottom