New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nike make the best kits, imv - great news if true

UA have been tragic and just a Yank reacharound

Nike would still be a Yank reach around :levywtf:

If they make our kit anything like this beauty from 2014, then I'm sold.

xuoQ8xH.jpg

:walker: uh?

It's funny, whenever I see ANY of those hideous PONY Goalie abominations, I can only ever see Ian Walker's Floppy Curtain hair blowing in the breeze...
He could catch the ball one-handed you know...?
It's 'cos the other one was always sweeping the hair out of his eyes...

TRUE STORY THAT!

I swear Sugar was fucking with us signing a kit deal with Pony, being an East End barrah bhoy he would know what the cockney rhyming slang would have meant.

:walker: uh?

It's funny, whenever I see ANY of those hideous PONY Goalie abominations, I can only ever see Ian Walker's Floppy Curtain hair blowing in the breeze...
He could catch the ball one-handed you know...?
It's 'cos the other one was always sweeping the hair out of his eyes...

TRUE STORY THAT!

Doesn't he still have floppy curtains hairstyle today, it'll become retro cool at some point soon.

Yep!

by the time this is in place someone will have a better deal And also as i said about 6 months ago was always nike as they are in talks about naming rights with the new stadium. We still got a season with U A you will prob find an american shirt sponser name as our next because theat would bring even more money in and also N F L Games being played at the ground. To me an Airline or a beer name like Budwiswer name would be big

by the time this is in place someone will have a better deal And also as i said about 6 months ago was always nike as they are in talks about naming rights with the new stadium. We still got a season with U A you will prob find an american shirt sponser name as our next because theat would bring even more money in and also N F L Games being played at the ground. To me an Airline or a beer name like Budwiswer name would be big

If we end up with Budweiser on our kit then I will go as far as to say I'll kill everyone.

Stadium naming rights for Nike would be a strange conflict of interest, though. It would effectively bundle the stadium and kit deal, which is fine to start but those kit deals rotate pretty frequently.

Stadium naming rights for Nike would be a strange conflict of interest, though. It would effectively bundle the stadium and kit deal, which is fine to start but those kit deals rotate pretty frequently.

Only if your contract stipulates it. United had a ten year deal with Nike - and Woolwich have whatever deal they have with both sponsor and stadium name.

ideally you'd never change the name of the stadium but there is no telling what he future holds (See Northern Rock as a good example of a relatively big sponsorship fuck up).

hate to be the bearer of bad news but the AIA deal runs out a year after the Under Armour deal, so the 1st Nike kit will have the AIA sponsor likely in red.

Plus I would imagine Roma not having a sponsor is only because nobody paid what what wanted.

hate to be the bearer of bad news but the AIA deal runs out a year after the Under Armour deal, so the 1st Nike kit will have the AIA sponsor likely in red.

Plus I would imagine Roma not having a sponsor is only because nobody paid what what wanted.

Yeah I figured out the AIA timing as well. Just why red and if it is so important why can it be white on our other two kits?

Personally I’d like Levy to make a deal with Hummel. I love the Tottenham shirts from the mid 80s to early 90s and even now their kits look the business.

I'm not a huge fan of Nike but it does say a lot about our status as a sports brand if Nike want to get involved.

I realise by the way that Nike doesn't have a lot of options for Premier League teams with Chelski, Man U, Liverpool and the Arse all tied up in long-term contracts with their various kit makers.

I also realise I referred to us as a “sports brand”.. arrgh shudder..

P.S. my first post in this forum. I'm a life-long Spurs fan and hope to be an active contributor here.

Back
Top Bottom