New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Nike footy kits, this is a good
In a perfect world we could get a simplified, timeless kit along the line of this one leaked last year. If we must have a sponsor on the kit, it has to be blue. I have come to ignore the red on our current kit, but when you see it in blue it just looks so much better.

B-jyPAlCQAA1LRn.jpg

B-jyO-6CIAA9By3.jpg

I would actually purchase that!

Some of the comments I've seen on Facebook about this have been absolutely ridiculous. People saying that they don't like the minimalist kits that Nike do. Seriously?

I think we'd all agree the more simple the better
It's just amazing that the high powered (and I assume well paid) design bigwigs down the years at SO many Football kit manufacturers choose to ignore that simple truth.
3 "buzzword" phrases that should accompany every kit design;

IT SHOULD BE:
Plain & Simple.
Neat & Tidy.
Timeless Classic.

When it comes to a global brand, you have to talk about how recognizable the teams kit actually is. Look at Barca, Real Madrid, Manchester United, etc. My biggest issues with our kits over the years has been how drastically they've changed. WE recognize them, but I guarantee you many do not.

Like 1882 1882 said, timeless. Simple white shirt & blue shorts. End of discussion.

It's just amazing that the high powered (and I assume well paid) design bigwigs down the years at SO many Football kit manufacturers choose to ignore that simple truth.
3 "buzzword" phrases that should accompany every kit design;

IT SHOULD BE:
Plain & Simple.
Neat & Tidy.
Timeless Classic.
The classics never go out of style brotha
PNEuMOB.gif

Last edited:
Looking at PSG v Chelsea, I wonder if the PSG away kit could be something like what we might be offered ... blue trim instead of the red obviously.
camiseta-nike-jr-psg-away-stadium-2015-2016-white-mifnight-navy-0.jpg
Was just thinking the same thing... theirs is none too shabby!

....might have to lose the Eiffel Tower and replace it with a Cockerel, mind!

Some of the recent France Kits (Including Cockerel AND colour scheme) are pretty much what I'd love to see from Nike...

They'll probably do some ill-conceived, weird multi-kit combination, encapsulating every single kit that we've ever worn at the Lane... I imagine it would end up looking something a little like this;
image_15131_1008_autoxauto.jpg
P

I'd have easily worn that in '87 with no hint of embarrassment

I quite like the idea of giving up UA, think Nike are quite elegant and classical in their designs. I just want to go back to a kit that isn't smeared with red.

I reckon it's to do with the NFL deal. They know that our new stadium will be hosting the games, we're a club going places and going to have a huge new stadium.

As long as we're provided with funds to improve, I'm happy.

I think Walker asked for a transfer when they made him wear that.
:walker: uh?

It's funny, whenever I see ANY of those hideous PONY Goalie abominations, I can only ever see Ian Walker's Floppy Curtain hair blowing in the breeze...
He could catch the ball one-handed you know...?
It's 'cos the other one was always sweeping the hair out of his eyes...

TRUE STORY THAT!

Looking at PSG v Chelsea, I wonder if the PSG away kit could be something like what we might be offered ... blue trim instead of the red obviously.
camiseta-nike-jr-psg-away-stadium-2015-2016-white-mifnight-navy-0.jpg
Then change the black stripe for a piss stain and we'll be reliving the 09/10 glory.
:adegrin2:

I quite like the idea of giving up UA, think Nike are quite elegant and classical in their designs. I just want to go back to a kit that isn't smeared with red.
Indeed. Can't blame Under Armour for that though. To be honest, if I worked for them, I'd have been pissed when that sponsorship was announced... no matter how much care they put into the home shirt design, it would always be tainted.

Back
Top Bottom