The Mighty Spurs vs Karren Brady's Bunch (of twats) (AWAY) 19:45 - 02/03/16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tonight's result really wasn't the worst thing. Of course a win would of been superb, but we still remain 3 points clear of Woolwich and only 3 off Leicester. Win on Saturday and we could still go top.

The fact we lost to Wet Spam is annoying, but we will respond. Let them think they're better than us.. They never will be.

Start the scum thread buddy!

Ur 100% yup?

Listened on the radio and it only sounded like there would ever be one winner tonight sadly.

It's a shame that we couldn't grab our first opportunity to make a real statement and go top... but if there is a silver lining at least it keeps us (slightly more) out of the spotlight. And as a big, unexpected, inflatable bonus not seen since the days of Supermarket Sweep at least the goons messed up big time. I think that's a hat-trick of away wins for Swansea at the Emirates - oh for that kind of stat!!!

Its a far from fatal blow tonight, so here's to Saturday and putting things right then. I'll be watching in a pub with my gooner friend which, with hindsight, probably isn't the best idea but there you go :)

I'm gutted, more so by the performance. Honestly can't remember the last time I came away thinking we deserved to lose that game. However, if before all matches I was offered the same 4 results for Us, Leicester, Woolwich and City, I may have been tempted to take that. West ham away was never going to be easy. We're 3 points of Leicester with ten games to go (and a better goal difference). Saturday is massive, but it's still well and truly on.

I get that.... but our form going into this game shoulda meant something... they didn't seem bothered by us at all... and we needed to remind them just who was on a 6 game winning run, and who wasn't.

I also made the naive mistake of feeling OK that they'd scored so early... seeing as we had 83+ minutes to redress the 'minor aberration'... seems I let myself 'believe the hype' ...it appears that I was wrong about that now, Please find it in your heart to forgive me Lord.
If it wasn't for Chadli we'd had drawn that game playing utter turd. I'm really not worried.

Tough result today and these type of outcomes happen from time to time. Too bad it was against West Ham. Credit to Bilic. Got his tactics spot in.

The positive of course, Woolwich losing as well. Saturday gonna be off the charts.

Bloody annoying today. We were so poor in the first half, and only marginally better in the second.
So frustrating as they were well beatable today.

Definitely the first time we were outplayed this season. Pissed off more with the performance than the result.

Isn't this all part of a script that sees Spurs go top with 10 minutes of the last game to go. Leicester equalise at the Chavs with 5 minutes left, giving them the point they need to win the League, before Alli scores our winner in stoppage time, winning the League at the Barcodes and relegating them for good measure, while saving Defoe's retirement complex at the same time?

Just a thought.

Apparently you're all in meltdown....

2im9rtz.png

First time we were outplayed this season - their cup final and they played like it. If they played like that all season they'd be rivaling the title.

Tbh I don't think they were better than us. Got a very jammy goal at the start. If they didn't I think most people on both sides would've agreed a draw was a fair result.

Fucking heartbreaking. Again having no fucking striker to call on when chasing a game has cost us. That's the most infuriating thing about it. To lose to west ham anytime is bad enough. To lose when we had the chance to go top is fucking unbearable

I don't care what any of your say about being positive. WH fans are as bad as gooners and to give them a chance to gloat that they beat us at all really sucks. Having the chance to go top of the league while the teams around us lose would have been great. There is no telling if Leicester will drop anymore points again. I really don't want to read the headlines that are sure to pop up the next few days.[/QUOTE

We smashed at the Lane 4-1 remember that.

We should all be down on our knees thanking the great pink pixie in the sky for the other results. 3 points behind Leicester with 30 points to play for, no one has beaten us by more than one goal, and WH at their place was always going to be hard. Beat the scum and we're all good.

Erm, it's still a three point deficit.

Finish a point behind them, and a + gazillion goal difference will count for fuck all.
My good friend David Probability has assured me that we're now unlikely to finish one point behind a team that's 3 ahead of us.

He is NEVER wrong.

In watching, Walker/Rose wing/back combo on the attack was clearly missed today. I get resting them, but today's game shows the importance both players have to the Spurs attack down the flanks. Especially when you have a Chadli/Lamela combo on the wings. West ham clogged the CM and it worked to a tee.

Gutted, hate losing to those lot! Performance was probably the worse I have seen this season.

Still 3 pts behind Leicester and ahead of Woolwich, who both have to play West Ham, who could be pushing for a CL spot. Still 30 pts to play for, let's do this. COYS

I get that.... but our form going into this game shoulda meant something... they didn't seem bothered by us at all... and we needed to remind them just who was on a 6 game winning run, and who wasn't.

I also made the naive mistake of feeling OK that they'd scored so early... seeing as we had 83+ minutes to redress the 'minor aberration'... seems I let myself 'believe the hype' ...it appears that I was wrong about that now, Please find it in your heart to forgive me Lord.

I think you can do without Dembele or Alli, but not both of them.

Chadli is vital off the bench. He shouldn't start imo.

In fact there's almost a perverse thrill in losing and somehow winding up in a better position to win the league than we were at kickoff. All hail our GD, makes a 3-point deficit to Leicester the same as 2.

Have to disagree with this bit ... a 2 point deficit means a win for us and a draw for Leicester sees us go above them. With a 3 point deficit it doesn't .

Back
Top Bottom