Saido Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be wearing a Spurs shirt this season?

• Yes

Votes: 109 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 46.0%

• Total voters

The Secret Footballer | Can peace break out in ‘big time’ Saido Berahino saga?
This morning, Berahino was pictured “rocking” a pair of Christian Louboutin loafers and wearing a pair of sunglasses on a private plane, with both his thumbs raised, after the club gave him a few days off to officially “get his head right” – but, unofficially, to keep him away from the club and the squad until the attention dies down.

It was the sort of picture that most people wish was of themselves, including footballers, but it was also the sort of picture that a lot of people, including footballers, take one look at and say to themselves: “What a big time cock.”

From the way Pulis has spoken, and Saido's reaction maybe promises were broken? In which case can you blame him?

Other players have done similar things. Berbatov going on strike and not training properly. Modric coming out and saying he wants to go to chavs. Bale not turning up for training. Seems like Saido is a bigger target cos he's what everyone hates, a rich young black male. Yeah I said it. Not saying that's why everyone who dislikes his conduct does dislike him, but it explains the different treatment.

People always say players who kick up a fuss will do it again, but how many times has that ever happened? And so what? If he becomes a world class striker, at least we would have got good use out of him and good money.

From the way Pulis has spoken, and Saido's reaction maybe promises were broken? In which case can you blame him?

Other players have done similar things. Berbatov going on strike and not training properly. Modric coming out and saying he wants to go to chavs. Bale not turning up for training. Seems like Saido is a bigger target cos he's what everyone hates, a rich young black male. Yeah I said it. Not saying that's why everyone who dislikes his conduct does dislike him, but it explains the different treatment.

People always say players who kick up a fuss will do it again, but how many times has that ever happened? And so what? If he becomes a world class striker, at least we would have got good use out of him and good money.

Agreed it was also Peace that dragged the whole thing into public, he started the whole mess, at least Berahino is still young, what's Peace's excuse?

I think it's wrong to say people are treating him differently because he is "what everyone hates" & then qualifying it with what you did. It's got fuck all to do with the colour of his skin. It has everything to do with the fact that modern footballers spit out their dummies & then make themselves targets for abuse by posing for pictures in ostentatious displays of wealth. SB should be working on a strategy of damage limitation. If he signed for us, then refused to play when Real come along, before tweeting a selfie sat on a private jet giving it the thumbs up, this forum would go up in flames. And quite rightly. It doesn't matter who the player is or his ethnic background. It stinks. the bloke has tweeted that he won't play for Peace again in a rage & his current tweet shows how these antics have been rewarded. What sort of example does that set? Whether it's Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Sterling or Berahino it doesn't matter. They are highly paid professional footballers & some of them behave like utter cunts. Frankly, I'm glad Peace dug his heels in because I reckon him & Berahino deserve each other.

You need to go back and read what fans have written about him before this deadline day story. Berahino is far away from being somebody like Adebayor.

It'll be interesting to see how this will go on. I think that Pulis has even changed his system as he agreed to sell Berahino - they're only playing one striker upfront with Rondon now.

I think he is blatantly a junior whore in the making.

Very pleased we didn't get him. Would rather play Dier up front than him.

And that might happen if H gets a knock.

He started whoring himself to some CL clubs when he just got capped by England last season. Expect him to do the same if he did sign with us and has a 6 good months.

Nah, that's not right at all. It's caused a stink because he's still at the club. Sterling did the same at the beginning of the window but it's forgotten by everyone outside of Liverpool as, like Bale and the others, he got his move.

The big difference is he is refusing to play after the window has closed. I couldn't care either way but the race card is complete BS, sorry.

I think he is blatantly a junior whore in the making.

Very pleased we didn't get him. Would rather play Dier up front than him.

And that might happen if H gets a knock.

Disagree ....If a player wants to leave for another club, the club should not block the move. WBA were out of order putting up barriers. Its was not his attitude, it was WBA playing god. We missed out on a very good player ?

Disagree ....If a player wants to leave for another club, the club should not block the move. WBA were out of order putting up barriers. Its was not his attitude, it was WBA playing god. We missed out on a very good player ?

I'm sorry but that's bullshit.

If you sign a contract then the club does not have to sell you. Furthermore if he refuses to play he should only be paid statuoryn wages.

Look at the whore our side, it works both ways.

Time will tell if he's a really good player or just a flash in the pan.

The guy has scored 19 in 72 appearances for West Brom.

He isn't even that good.

Don't get me wrong, I would have been happy with his signing, but the whole fiasco over someone who is currently average is laughable.

£25-30 million... A joke for someone of his ability when you consider Son cost and how much more developed he is.

I'm sorry but that's bullshit.

If you sign a contract then the club does not have to sell you. Furthermore if he refuses to play he should only be paid statuoryn wages.

Look at the whore our side, it works both ways.

Time will tell if he's a really good player or just a flash in the pan.

Most players leave whilst in contract because of the bosman ruling

I agree, a club does not have to sell a player in contract, Im aware of that. However, Its normally good practice and respect for the player that most clubs allow players to leave for the better, 'a bigger club' regardless of contract. You don't keep an unhappy player who clearly doesn't want to play for Pulis. Also, Its shouldn't be down to 'any price' although some clubs promote this because they are twats. We clearly showed our intentions for SB and WBA would not allow him to move, they blocked it, they are bang out of order, I seem to remember them doing this before a season or two ago? If he refuses to play, they can sack him. Then he becomes a free agent?

I believe he is a good player and we missed out on a top talent. Time will tell?

Do you think Levy was wrong for blocking Modric's move to Chelsea then? People seem to forget that we kept him for another season before letting him go to Madrid

Most players leave whilst in contract because of the bosman ruling

I agree, a club does not have to sell a player in contract, Im aware of that. However, Its normally good practice and respect for the player that most clubs allow players to leave for the better, 'a bigger club' regardless of contract. You don't keep an unhappy player who clearly doesn't want to play for Pulis. Also, Its shouldn't be down to 'any price' although some clubs promote this because they are twats. We clearly showed our intentions for SB and WBA would not allow him to move, they blocked it, they are bang out of order, I seem to remember them doing this before a season or two ago? If he refuses to play, they can sack him. Then he becomes a free agent?

I believe he is a good player and we missed out on a top talent. Time will tell?

Sorry mate I funamentally disagree. Especially with your opinion that they are bang out of line for not selling him to us.

He is their player. He signed a contract end of. If Levy had gone in there with 20m cash I'm sure it would have been a different story. He didn't.

He isn't even that good.

Don't get me wrong, I would have been happy with his signing, but the whole fiasco over someone who is currently average is laughable.

£25-30 million... A joke for someone of his ability when you consider Son cost and how much more developed he is.
Yep. 19 goals in 72 games from a striker hardly screams "£25 million talent". The issue remains that we didn't make our highest bid to WBA earlier in the window & move on when it was rejected. That way, we could have weighed up our other options & not ended up starting the season with only one recognised striker. We may have hit gold with Son & N'Jie & if so, it confirms why Levy is the chairman of an EPL team, Poch is the manager of an EPL team, & we are neither of the two. If not, then everyone will point to this debacle when we are creating chances, not scoring them & the season falls away before Christmas.

He isn't even that good.

bbbbbbbut he's british

Do you think Levy was wrong for blocking Modric's move to Chelsea then? People seem to forget that we kept him for another season before letting him go to Madrid
Sensibility tells me all cases are treated on merit.
Was Levy wrong? Yes, if that was the case and Modric desperately wanted to leave, he should've been allowed to leave. I cant remember Modric throwing his toys out the pram though and Madrid would always win the day over the Chaves for any player?

Sensibility tells me all cases are treated on merit.
Was Levy wrong? Yes, if that was the case and Modric desperately wanted to leave, he should've been allowed to leave. I cant remember Modric throwing his toys out the pram though and Madrid would always win the day over the Chaves for any player?

In Summer 2011 he publicly stated he wanted to go to Chelsea and complained that he and Levy had a "Gentlemen's Agreement" that he'd consider offers from big clubs. He then refused to play in our opener vs Man Utd (saying something like "My head's not in the right place"). Chelsea offered £40m on the last day of the window and Levy rejected it. Modric stayed for the whole season.

Madrid only came along 12 months later, paying £30m for him at the end of August 2012.

Back
Top Bottom