Club statement about transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

for what its worth i appreciate the fact that they took the time to communicate about the strategy and lots of speculation about why they did what they did can be put to bed now. If (thats a big if) this statement is made in some kind of honesty than chairman and manager have found a way to work together. Conclude from that what you want (Poch is a yeah sayer or not).

I find it funny that people think Son and N'Jie can do a job for us up front having never seen them play.

Also, when Ade was ditched and despite it being obvious Poch did not want to play Soldado and he was going to be ditched too, we never saw 15 or 20mins of Chadli or Dembele up front when Kane was totally fucked and had to come off did we?

We have created a make-do situation for whenever Kane isn't on the pitch and potentially a fairly desperate emergency situation with just two injuries.

I think it's even funnier that people assume that Njie and Son can't play up front despite the latter having a 1-3 ratio and the former being dubbed the new Eto.

bullshitometer.gif

We wanted answers, we got answers. They might not be to everyone's liking but there is very little that can be done now - I'd sooner concentrate on moaning about Defoe scoring a hat-trick against us in a little over a week.

:defoe:

Perspective: the state of one's ideas, the facts known to one, etc., in having a meaningful interrelationship. An understanding of how aspects of a subject relate to each other and to the whole.

"In broader terms, Levy has presided over consistently-decent league finishes while balancing the books and playing out of a stadium that generates revenue from only 36,000 seats. In the past six seasons, starting with the most recent, Tottenham have finished fifth, sixth, fifth, fourth, fifth and fourth, which represents their most sustained level of achievement since the glory, glory days of the 1960s."

I find it funny how people assume Son and N'Jie can't do a job for us up top despite having never seen them before. That combined with the fact Chadli is a capable number 9 and Dembele can play emergency backup suggests to me our situation isn't actually that bad.

Oh well, I suppose I'll have to endure the embarressment of seeing Levy out banners before people realise Kane isn't our only number 9 and actually we can function as a team with someone who has a bit of different style to lead the line e.g. N'Jie.
Scoring a few goals as a winger does not make Chadli a capable number 9.

Glad we're not buying players for the sake of it and appear to have some sort healthy dialogue between manager and chairman.

However, this statement doesn't really address the fact that the club clearly knew it needed a striker and failed to sign one. That's the real issue here.

I think it's even funnier that people assume that Njie and Son can't play up front despite the latter having a 1-3 ratio and the former being dubbed the new Eto.

In different leagues playing in different positions....we'll see, shit or bust now, they have to hit the ground running and they have to be successful in both roles between them or we're in real trouble.

Of course it will be fantastic if they can play CDM if needed as well as we didn't address that properly either.

Back
Top Bottom