Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Son has played frequently as a striker.

From the profiles I have read about him he comes up as either an attacking midfielder, winger or second striker and watching him a few time in Germany he played very wide.

In our system we have one striker who leads the line are sure this guy is up to that job, to me this looks like a square peg round hole deal.

Or we did play to Soldado's strengths, he just missed the chances that were created. It didn't work out with him but that doesn't necessarily mean it was the wrong type of player.
No we didn't. If you watched him before he game most of his goals were scored inside the box from short distance. Most from crosses. He plays alongside another striker at Villarreal now in a 442. He played alongside Jonas at Valencia, another striker.
Austin cant do half as much as Soldado can do outside the box.
While Zamora hung around the final third, running along the line/box, Austin flitted around. They knocked the ball up to Zamora who would try to knock it down, flick it on to Austin. They would get lots of crosses in from the wings.
Also whilst the CB's were pre occupied with Zamora Austin would find Space inside the box.
That was their game plan most time. Austin had chance against us that way where long balls were knocked on by Zamora. Zamora was the main striker and Austin played off him.
Unless we play with Kane and Austin, and drop the No10, probably Eriksen, he would be up on his own. He wasn't even the target man at QPR Zamora was.

Everyone lauded Mitchell's arrival as we would find players that fit our style. That was the point wasn't it?
Obviously they don't think Austin does. Still I could be wrong and we buy him. However, I feel Ings would have been right up our street. He chose the scousers, stupid cunt.

From the profiles I have read about him he comes up as either an attacking midfielder, winger or second striker and watching him a few time in Germany he played very wide.

In our system we have one striker who leads the line are sure this guy is up to that job, to me this looks like a square peg round hole deal.
Yes Leverkusen played Kiessling central and then two wide forwards exclusively

fucks you levy only we sign 5 players and only 2 attacker player not even strikers but though can play on strikers and no one has ever been seeing them to play but they are being rubbish and what why about them last time we sign 7 players and they are doing the worst and so on this time we should have sign 14 and 15 player more again

I CAN BELIEVE YOU ARE LEFT IT ALL THE MINUTE TO DO ALL THE DEALINES AND ITS LEVIS TIME AGAIN APART FROM THE 5 ALREADY SAID BUT THE WEREN'T THE ONE ALREADY TOLD BY THE NEWSPAPER THAT WE DEFINITELY NEED TO HAVE TO SIGN AND WE DIDNT NOW SO ALWAYS HAVING TO HAVE LIKE WHEN WE DID IT WITH LOUISE NELSON OUT LEVY OUT LEVY
Louise Nelson- any pics?

Le Tiss has just said as far as he knows only ever one offer for Wanyama from us and it was less than they paid Celtic. If true that's a fucking disgrace.

To be fair. Southampton got shafted in the first place when they signed him so we probably bid his actual worth.

If Levy lets today pass with no solution I don't think I can find any way of supporting him to any extent anymore. He can't keep hiding behind the stadium and good financials. Too many mistakes have been made year after year where on field issues are concerned. Sacking Poch in a few months when it all goes to shit won't achieve a damn thing, and it's becoming clear that every manager from Jol onward has been shafted in one way or another by our dear leader.
Yeh, we should be winning the league and finishing 4th, beating either Man U, City, Chavs, Liverpool or Woolwich to the spot each and every year.
It's a fucking given. We have fallen so much over the last 25 year it's a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom