The lowest common denominator

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so Soldado scores today and Capoue seems to have turned a corner.

It's about time we all realised what the problem is. It's the club its THFC.

we have an average squad, an owner who is desperate to get out, a bemused manager and a load of players who are feeding off the clubs general disregard for the punters.

They know we will empty our pockets no matter how bad it gets. They can see levy has been taking the piss for years, why wouldn't they?

We are rotten to the core, stale, in need of new input and energy, we are a rudderless shit floating down the league. The good ship Tottenham is on its way to meet Davy Jones and we are going along for the ride.

To be honest I wouldn't mind if we were going down with anything but a whimper but this bunch of average, gutless, spengs are going to bore us to the championship three years max if nothing changes.

You mongs will mock me but I've been talking levy for years and you're all just cottoning on.

It's going to be a bumpy ride brothers but unless something changes the only way is down baby.

X

No doubt but I am rarely wrong when it comes to Spurs...in fact I am rarely wrong full stop.

All the signs are there for anybody willing to see them

Maybe I'm a bit 'glass half full' but I don't expect the next few seasons to be as bad as what some are suggesting. We aren't dining at the top table as we haven't got the resources to really compete, but we'll more than likely be 'best of the rest' as opposed to getting relegated within 3 years.

Maybe I'm a bit 'glass half full' but I don't expect the next few seasons to be as bad as what some are suggesting. We aren't dining at the top table as we haven't got the resources to really compete, but we'll more than likely be 'best of the rest' as opposed to getting relegated within 3 years.

Why are we being charged top table prices then?

Remember, we were all impressed with Capoue after a sub appearance v Palace and all thought Soldado was the 9 we've needed.

I agree players seemed to have bombed but find it hard to blame the club.

Soldado has played 1 game, it was no secret he was more suited to that league. I don't now expect him to go and bang in 25 this season however.

Do you honestly think we'll finish 5th this season with this clown in charge?

We'll be lucky to finish top 10 if he's still here by December which I don't think he will be!

:pochbye:
I'd like to start off by saying I don't really care. Also that we're three games in.

I think we'll finish top 7 but hard to say where. 5th or 6th I'd say. Liverpool have spent a lot.

Why do you say that though, out of interest? We finished 5th under that "clown" last season?

Don't tell me, that was a fluke?

Yes it was a fluke and I was amazed at us finishing so high!

Delighted but amazed.

Can't think of more than a handful of really good performances other than Woolwich home and away, Chavs home, Villa away and Soton home!
Maybe I'm missing some more, it is late!

No chance of top 4 where we should be aiming.

I really can't see top 6, sadly!

:gallas:

Delighted but amazed.

Can't think of more than a handful of really good performances other than Woolwich home and away, Chavs home, Villa away and Soton home!

You can't fluke a top 5 finish over a 38 game season. Don't be ridiculous.

I really don't understand the melt down. We're 3 games in. Why should we be aiming top 4? as has been pointed out many times, there are 5 teams in the league that SHOULD be finishing above us. We "should be aiming" for top 6. Just because you want top 4, doesnt mean its realistic.

A lot of people need to chill the fuck out. Just watch some football at the weekend and then move on. Forget about it for a week. All this pathetic babbling about chairman and transfer targets and other boring shit is pointless. Nothing any of us say makes any difference. Just enjoy it for what it is, fucking entertainment.

Delighted but amazed.

QPR home, Everton home, Everton away, West Brom away, QPR away, Newcastle away

along with the 5 you said that's 11.

That's more than 25% of our premier league games. Not a handful mate.

So basically in his debut season Poch get us 5th with the youngest team in the league, with 25%+ of our games very good performances. That's something to be optimistic about.

OK.

From a neutral viewpoint I think you were really unlucky against United, phenomenally unlucky against Stoke and blew a winning position against Leicester. On saying all that though, Kane definitely needs some help upfront, Berahino would be a good start and Wanyama perhaps to reinforce your midfield.

It's strange how similar the viewpoints are with each fan base regarding our managers.

Loads of us wanted Rodgers out after losing 3-1 to Palace at home then being 5-0 down at half time to Stoke (me included) and my position hasn't changed but there is a complete split amongst our fans, much like Pochettino is dividing you lot.

Fucking rollercoaster rides all round this season.

OK.

From a neutral viewpoint I think you were really unlucky against United, phenomenally unlucky against Stoke and blew a winning position against Leicester. On saying all that though, Kane definitely needs some help upfront, Berahino would be a good start and Wanyama perhaps to reinforce your midfield.

It's strange how similar the viewpoints are with each fan base regarding our managers.

Loads of us wanted Rodgers out after losing 3-1 to Palace at home then being 5-0 down at half time to Stoke (me included) and my position hasn't changed but there is a complete split amongst our fans, much like Pochettino is dividing you lot.

Fucking rollercoaster rides all round this season.
In fairness, Rodgers has been there 3X longer than poch. Although, he's also a monumental bellend.

The same shit goes on at every club though. The sad part is, this season tottenham fans have become unbearable little bitches. The same fans that relentlessly go on about how bad gooners are, are now doing all the exact same shit they do. Fucking booing 2 games in and calling for the managers head? Thought we were better than that.

Back
Top Bottom