Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh kind of but for every Sanchez there is a Di Maria or a Falcao. So in many respects they are taking more of a risk, there is little risk with Berahino, he is proven prem, only thing that may be concerning is a few past personal mistakes but he's young.

Little risk with Beharino? One good seasons, several attitude/personal issues/outbursts. £20m+. Oh and it's us we're talking about here.....I'd say big risk but who else can we go for with any Prem experience apart from Austin or Berbatov?

This will drag and drag until deadline day. We won't be getting Berahino
article-1347965-0CC3965C000005DC-768_634x391.jpg
BB

Manchester united has zero shots at goal while Bentaleb and Dier were our DMs. MS and co got lucky. Some bad passing from Bentaleb is not going to turn me against him.

They were cramping up, crying and being subbed for exhaustion.

Stephen Ireland roasted us Saturday though....

Welcome back first off....

I see your point, but I just dont understand how we can accept a transitional season 3 years in a row.

I could accept stagnating between 5th and 6th, if the football was good. But we stagnate, and we never learn.

We spent years without a proper DM until we signed Palacios..we had Sandro, we had Parker, we had Capoue....all gone, and we are back with a problem that we had already fixed.

What happens next year while we are all happy and content with 6th?

Because I tell you one thing, Lloris wont be here. Maybe Eriksen and Jan too.

So, we may (MAY) have our striker by then....but oh look. We need a keeper and a playmaker.

Same shit, different part of the pitch....cant have the best keeper in Europe and be happy with 6th.
Thanks and whilst I can understand your frustration I see it more as an unfortunate truth for the time being. So it's simply just enjoying the good parts of a less than ideal situation. However I think you've missed one thing, every club apart from 2/3 clubs in the world will ocassionally lose their best players. We will slightly more often than those above us but it's just something that people need to accept is part of modern football. I mean look at United, they've about to lose De Gea and they lost Ronaldo. There's a food chain and if you're not at the top then you'll be screwed, of course we're further down than them but even so, climbing a bit won't mean we necassarily keep any of Jan, Eriksen and Lloris if the big ones come calling.

Furthermore we've done a great job of hanging onto our best players for a (relatively) long while now and I think it's a lot to do with how well our squad gets on with each other. Having so many players of a similar age who all seem to have a good attitude can only mean our squad is closer than most, especially with so many having been part of the same acadmies, so that's a huge positive of our current project.

Little risk with Beharino? One good seasons, several attitude/personal issues/outbursts. £20m+. Oh and it's us we're talking about here.....I'd say big risk but who else can we go for with any Prem experience apart from Austin or Berbatov?

I'd say Berahino is less risk considering the alternatives, he is very talented and versatile. The only mark against him was a few things previously in his personal life.

Austin, good striker but he is only a striker and therefore would he accept being back up to Kane.

Berbatov, great player but getting on and like Austin would he accept being second choice.

Foreign strikers with no prem experience, imagine Levy might be scared of that.

Don't know its hard one I guess.

I don't disagree with your point, but i don't think Toby was trying to either. He was simply stating that the CM pairing in the Saints lineup focused on shielding and protecting the defense as a first, second and third priority. Were we better front to back and did we win? Yes. But that stems from a number of factors. I don't think any of us will deny that a quality CM focused primarily on protecting the back would improve our defenders and allow our creative players the ability to express themselves more in the final third knowing they had that protection behind them.

I know somebody who'd agree ... :sandroscream:

I do want us to sign a fast DM. I just think some posters complaining about our current midfielders as weak links are wrong. I want a DM to move Bentaleb etc further forward.

Some want Mason etc out of the prem team period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom