Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still trust Poch, Mitchell and The Black Box if we sign Moses?

Also, looking at the type of players signed by them at Southampton, is anyone really surprised at the kind of players we are being linked with?

Victor Moses isn't exactly a name for us to all get excited about (apart from the fact, it is actually a brilliant name) but there must be something Poch / Mitchell / The Black Box of Destiny have seen in him...

I'm not sure why people think we're signing Moses anyway, last we heard was that Mourinho planned to keep him in the squad (he counts as homegrown, let's remember) and he's currently on their tour in Canada...

The only reports saying otherwise all link back to a story from The Sun, hardly the most reliable of sources. Where's Lyall when you need him?!

I'm not sure why people think we're signing Moses anyway, last we heard was that Mourinho planned to keep him in the squad (he counts as homegrown, let's remember) and he's currently on their tour in Canada...

The only reports saying otherwise all link back to a story from The Sun, hardly the most reliable of sources. Where's Lyall when you need him?!
Malaysia :pochserious2:

I don't really understand it, everyone acknowledges the majority of transfer rumours are bullshit.

Then someone on twitter says we're after Moses and everyone's calling Levy a cunt for looking at shit players and not asking about Messi's availability at Barca.

You said we need 2 strikers, 2 wingers, a central midfielder and a defensive midfielder; add the 3 we have already signed and that makes 9 players. Signing 9 top 6 BPL players in one transfer window is completely unrealistic.

I said:
2 strikers, one to battle it out with Kane, and sometimes partner him, one young squad filler.
Right side AM first choice player, Left side AM to battle with Chadli.
CM, ball winning DM with experience.

Nine top 6 Premier League players?
Trippier and Wimmer...? That remains to be seen.
And TA is actually a top 7 player.

One striker I said should be a young squad filler, not a top 6 PL player.
One AM I said to play second fiddle to Chadli, hardly a massive ask.
I wanted one CM...a DM.

So. One top 6 striker, one top 6 DM and a top 6 winger
Our target is 4th and you think its unrealistic to sign 3 top 6 players?

People really need to stop pinning their hopes on pritchard tbh. He didn't look bad for Brentford, but that doesn't mean he can do it for us.

Hell, Townsend looked alright for QPR and I would snatch your hand off if we had the chance to sell him today.

Anyone still trust Poch, Mitchell and The Black Box if we sign Moses?

Also, looking at the type of players signed by them at Southampton, is anyone really surprised at the kind of players we are being linked with?
Yes, I would, as I think I can see their logic.

There's an idea about how we should play, and there's a focus on finding people who will do that, with a good attitude. I like this more focused approach a lot more than signing a bunch of names which frequently appear in red tops for massive cash. It shows someone's actually doing some serious thinking and work.

Aye, because working with young prospects has been extremely ineffective for Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Dortmund.....
And United's best years, and Ajax's, and Atletico Madrid, and Roma finding Totti, and I think we won the double doing something like this 50 years ago.

Building to a plan and getting the team to grow together isn't a new idea. It's been a path consistently followed for many decades as the most viable way to success. The Galacticos and Chelseas of the world are the exception, not the rule.

I can't think of a more average winger in english football than Moses. For fuck sake i don't want the guy.
I'd rather give a chance to Pritchard and Onomah, even the Bale twin heck. Average players will nnot make us better.

I can't think of a more average winger in english football than Moses. For fuck sake i don't want the guy.
I'd rather give a chance to Pritchard and Onomah, even the Bale twin heck. Average players will nnot make us better.
Are you saying Pritchard and Onomah will perform better than Moses in the PL next season?

If so, state your case for this. If not, what were you trying to say instead?

Are you saying Pritchard and Onomah will perform better than Moses in the PL next season?

If so, state your case for this. If not, what were you trying to say instead?
No, what i'm saying is that i don't want a Stambouli winger, that's what Moses is, a guy that is average and will only come because we can't or don't try to get better.
What's to say Pritchard and Onomah won't make moses look like bale?
No ahah. I was talking about McEvoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom