Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo we shd be aiming for 4th and maybe having to settle for 5th with or without the new ground!

We are Spurs after all!

:smesh:
You aim for the title. Every year. Fate and events may be against you, but you never aim for less than winning everything.

If you "settle" in your mind, you've already lost.

:avbfu: ... Plus, we have Lyall ... :dwi:

Edit: Looks like Muzzi deleted his tweet. Fyi, it was about him saying that we won't ever make any Tottenham announcements due to all the abuse he got from us.

Last edited:
Calling a life long Spurs fan like Greavsie a Gooner Cunt ! ....Fucking disgusting, cheap and childish you immature fucking retard.

I don't know who you are, and I don't care, but grow up. Have a sinbin vote for your troubles and for derailing the thread.

Getting fed up reading bollocks like this. Not taking sides as I now have CG and that jockmure bloke on ignore, but you can fucking join them. I swear to god I will keep iggying people until I can read a thread on this forum that doesn't have idiots like you mouthing off all the time.

Rant over. No need to reply as I won't be reading it.

Btw, what do you mean when you said, "After what he posted the night before..."?
And why do you think Lyall supports Everton?
Unless I'm imagining it, a couple of tweets from him you posted on here last night that he seems to have since deleted. The first agreeing that Spurs' interest in McCarthy and Mirallas was real, and the second indicating he was not happy about it.

Unless I'm imagining it, a couple of tweets from him you posted on here last night that he seems to have since deleted. The first agreeing that Spurs' interest in McCarthy and Mirallas was real, and the second indicating he was not happy about it.
Yeah, I do recall that. It may be so, but I doubt it.
Tbf, I don't think he ever gave an indication of not liking a deal for McCarthy to happen. Those tweets were mainly about Mirallas, and I thought that it was more of him indicating that he was frustrated with people asking about Mirallas again and again, because he had already discredited our link with Mirallas, numerous times.

Yeah, I do recall that. It may be so, but I doubt it.
Tbf, I don't think he ever gave an indication of not liking a deal for McCarthy to happen. Those tweets were mainly about Mirallas, and I thought that it was more of him indicating that he was frustrated with people asking about Mirallas again and again, because he had already discredited our link with Mirallas, numerous times.
Hmmm, probably you're right. Cheers.

Daniel Levy said himself that the `new stadium scheme` would not in any way effect the strength of our playing squad or our short term and long term transfer budget. You keep using the stadium as an excuse. Are you saying he was telling lies then. Also aren`t Liverpool about to start work developing their own stadium ? Didn`t Woolwich talk about, plan, build and complete a new stadium all during ENIC`s ownwership yet still manage to finish above us every single season. Using the "proposed new stadium" to justify our pathetic transfer strategy is a very poor excuse I`m afraid. In fact it seems like your sucking up to ENIC.
On the subject of Woolwich. Let's look at the money they spent on players, before the last 2 seasons.

Fabregas. Bought Free sold for £35m
Van Persie: Bought £2.5m sold for £22m
Clichy: Bought £250k sold for £7m
Flamini: Bought £1m sold for
Adebayor: Bought £7m sold for £25m
Nasri: Bought for £15m sold for £22m
Ramsey: Bought for £5m
Sagna: Bought for £6m
Koiscelny: Bought for £10m
Vermalen: £10 sold for £15m
Song: £1m sold for £15m
Chamukah: Free
Meertsacker: £10m
Chamberlin; £12m
Jenkinson: free
Poldolski; £11m
Giroud: £13m
Monreal: £8m
Cazorla: £20m

I can see one player that cost them over £15m in 11 seasons from 2000. Then they went and paid £20m for Cazorla in 2012. Why, because they then could afford to.
So, like you say, they consistently in the top 4, despite a very conservative outlay in the transfer market.
We out spent them from 2001 to 2012 on numerous occasions yet we did not do better.
We actually finished in the top 4 those 2 times after spending nothing net, making a profit of £1m & £27m in 09/10 and 11/12 respectively.
So, you're argument doesn't really wash.

2001/2 they spent £10.9m net we spent £8m
2002/3 they spent £890k we spent £13m
03/04 they spent £16m we spent £14.2m
04/05 they spent £16.6m we spent £5m
05/06 they spent £6.7m we spent £17.7m
06/07 they made £ 17m we spent £23.8m
07/08 they spent £13.4m we spent £33.9m
08/09 they made £3.5m we spent £19.4m
09/10 they made £31m we made £1m
10/11 they spent £6.8m we spent £17.5m
11/12 they made £17.4m we made £27m
12/13 they spent £8.6m we made £1.3m

It seems only reasonable that we have go David Kuresh scenario on this site. Let one lead the rest off to some far flung land, chant some tit and then (metaphorically) burn themselves to the ground.

In the meantime Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante as a self appointed ITK any truth in the rumours we're signing Efan Ekoko?

It seems only reasonable that we have go David Kuresh scenario on this site. Let one lead the rest off to some far flung land, chant some tit and then (metaphorically) burn themselves to the ground.

In the meantime Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante as a self appointed ITK any truth in the rumours we're signing Efan Ekoko?

Sorry mate, Levy not willing to pay his wages.

Says he's consulted the support and they don't want us "to do a Leeds".

Andros Townsend has removed all tottenham related info from his twitter account. Make of that what you will.
I read about that too. But I also read that some guy on Twitter just made this stuff up and started this rumor, because apparently Townsend never had anything about Spurs mentioned in his Twitter info/bio, in the first place.

:townhmm:

I read about that too. But I also read that some guy on Twitter just made this stuff up and started this rumor, because apparently Townsend never had anything about Spurs mentioned in his Twitter info/bio, in the first place.

:townhmm:

Probably time to put this out there again...

N33zBfK.png

[itk="12th July 2015, in, Eye Football, Our Players & MS, itk, 5, rumour"]
Source: From 'AberYid' via GG ...

"I don't especially want to reveal names but I'm fairly decent mates with a footballer in a Premier League squad. That player had some friends around his pad last night, and I was one of them. There were 7 other well known footballers there, one of whom plays for Spurs. We all talked and a lot of interesting things were said, but obviously I was interested in what the Spurs player knew.

So, here are some tidbits.

-Lloris, Kane and Vertonghen will be our captains next season.
-Nabil Bentaleb is unreal in training and is now better paid than Kane, Vertonghen, and a few other big names.
-DeAndre Yedlin is actually quite good in training, but it took him 3 months or so to get used to the pace as apparently Sounders training was tinkle poor by comparison.
-Stambouli wasn't actually part of a clique causing trouble. He hung out with them because he's French and Hugo is a bit insular.
-Jesus Perez and Poch are a hilarious double act, and D'Agostino is a bit of a tough bounder with the players.
-No-one at the club likes Kaboul, but they all respectED him hence electing him captain last season.
-Everyone knows the club want Schneiderlin. This is why Dembele wants reassurances.
-Soldado is an absolute beast in training and never misses. The club are desperate for him to succeed - and no one can figure out what's wrong.
-Jan Vertonghen is the most popular player in the squad - the Alderweireld deal was in part to improve the club and in part to keep Vertonghen happy (he's not been happy with his CB partners)

And one of the players there is a Soton player, who said that Schneiderlin doesn't want to move to United: because he wants to play 38 games in a season, not be one of 6 or 7 top class midfielders. He misses Pochettino and his training methods, and he wants to move to London. The Soton player told me that Schneiderlin will be a Spurs player."

Could just all be a bunch of toss, but if true ... interesting.
Edit: Apparently, that Southampton player that he spoke with was Steven Davis.
[/itk]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom