Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Big difference between saying top 4 is not our target then claiming we fell short by not coming 4th
5185882+_5abe1d156f47ac89699cc359777f8825.jpg

No need to remind you. You claimed it was never a realistic target, and the squad is exactly where it should be.

Now you claim that its bad enough and frustrating to keep falling short of 4th.
I beg to differ. (If that's allowed)
I said that it was unrealistic to expect miracles in the managers first season & unnecessary to criticise him & his squad mercilessly as you like to do. If we consolidate, allow him to spend money on his chosen improvements & we are still in the same conversation next year, then maybe that should be the next time we communicate. Because at that stage, you may have a valid point about how shit he is as a manager & how shit our team is. & I will regrettably concede he was the wrong choice- again. But I don't see the need to cunt off every bad performance, the manager as being shit & not an improvement on the last.

I beg to differ. (If that's allowed)
I said that it was unrealistic to expect miracles in the managers first season & unnecessary to criticise him & his squad mercilessly as you like to do. If we consolidate, allow him to spend money on his chosen improvements & we are still in the same conversation next year, then maybe that should be the next time we communicate. Because at that stage, you may have a valid point about how shit he is as a manager & how shit our team is. & I will regrettably concede he was the wrong choice- again. But I don't see the need to cunt off every bad performance, the manager as being shit & not an improvement on the last.

When all is said and done, you have bemoaned "falling short"....

Falling short is failing your targets. You claimed our target was not 4th in any realistic way, and now you claim its frustrating to fall short of it.

Not sure why you feel the need to justify your turn about by saying what I said. I stand by what I said.

When all is said and done, you have bemoaned "falling short"....

Falling short is failing your targets. You claimed our target was not 4th in any realistic way, and now you claim its frustrating to fall short of it.

Not sure why you feel the need to justify your turn about by saying what I said. I stand by what I said.
:gio:

Fully expect Hugo to be gone and for Vorm to be between the sticks.

Not a horrendous outcome given we perform fairly well defensively with Vorm and I reckon we would if he were given an extended run of games as nr 1.

Only reason it would upset me is cos I bought my daughter a t-shirt with Lloris on it at the Spurs game in Sydney. Stupid impulse purchase of tat.
And it's too big for her.

:carrollwtf::dier::walker-scream::vdvcry::sherwoodwtf::avbshit::klinsmann:

It would certainly suck to lose Lloris, but I don't think it necessarily would make us a worse team. Last season we had one of the leakiest defences in the league, even with world class (ish) Lloris in goal. I think defending starts with the attackers, and if we manage to strengthen the team in front of the GK we could very well be better off even if Hugo is sold.

Of course, keeping him and add more steel to the rest of the team would be ideal, and that's certainly a possibility. Still, imagine we have Begovic (just as an example) in goal and 2-3 new players in the first team that will make us less vulnerable. Could still be considered progress.

Hugo won't leave.

Marine loves the shopping in London. His little daughter is about to start school and Hugo being the family man he is wants his daughter to go to school with her friends Harry Kane and Eric Dier. (They have yet to graduate primary school).

Lloris goes to Utd, De Gea goes to Real, Casillas seizes the opportunity to play vs such quality teams as Dnipro and joins Spurs for the next 2 or 3 years.

Problem solved.

PS: Would love to keep Lloris, I'd rate him as the best player in the team for consistent performances, but Spurs seem to still be a selling club, blaming Levy for that.
Woolwich were also a selling club, selling their best players Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Toure etc.
Dnipro made the final of the UEFA cup.
Spurs, despite not being in the CL every year since god knows when, have still managed to be a more successful club in Europe than Woolwich have.
That's of course if you count success in Europe as winning European trophies compared to making up the numbers in the KO stages of the CL.
Woolwich have been in CL for last 15 years and had 3 QF and 1 SF finish.
Spurs were in it once and made the QF first attempt (losing to Real Madrid) and qualified in a group with the Italian Champions and 3rd placed team, The Dutch champions and the 3rd placed team from the Bundesliga. We topped the group losing 1 game.
Woolwich had a group of the mighty Shaktar, Braga and Partizan- er Europa league anyone? - and couldn't top it...losing 2!

Woolwich were also a selling club, selling their best players Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Toure etc.
Spurs, despite not being in the CL every year since god knows when, have still managed to be a more successful club in Europe than Woolwich have.
That's of course if you count success in Europe as winning European trophies compared to making up the numbers in the KO stages of the CL.
Spurs were in it once and made the QF first attempt (losing to Real Madrid) and qualified in a group with the Italian Champions and 3rd placed team, The Dutch champions and the 3rd placed team from the Bundesliga. We topped the group losing 1 game.
Woolwich had a group of the mighty Shaktar, Braga and Partizan- er Europa league anyone? - and couldn't top it...losing 2!

They did make a final didn't they?

Still , they've won bugger all

You wouldn't happen to be a Gooner by any chance?

No, my mind was obviously elsewhere when I made this account, but on the other hand, I kind of feel glad that I have allowed these esteemed Keyboard Warriors to get their feelings off their chests. Who knows, maybe one day an Woolwich fan might read their vitriol. I doubt it though...

What kind of dull-witted piss stain calls himself agunner and then pretends to be Spurs in his post. You're either a fucking moron or a shite comedian.

:adebaehug:

Spurs are a selling club. ???

This coming from a Woolwich fan.

How's Henry, Fabregas, Nasri, Viera, Cole, Clichy, Eduardo, Reyes, Van Persie, Song, Hleb, Torre,Flamini..plus many many more who left for better things.

Ignoring the obvious inaccuracies. You aren't actually disagreeing with what I said... are you?

Fuck you, you smug gooner troll piece of wank stain piss shit!
There, I said it!
Actually, while you're here... I was also disappointed to see Xavi shouting foul-mouthed, anti-Real Madrid abuse on the Barcelona team bus during their victory parade...
oh no, hang on... he didn't do that, 'cos he has class... unlike that cuntfuck Wilshere who represents your shitstain of a club and its' cunty smug fucker fans like you who were all too happy to lap it up 'cos they wouldn't know class if it fucked their Granny!!

There... I bit... happy now, smugcunt? ...now toddle along and fuck off while you're at it! PRICK!

I was like

:chadliblow::carrollwtf::dier::kanewtf::levywtf:

Then I was like
:harrylol::avblol::adelol::vdvdive:

Sure, I mean, I agree with the above, but... why are you telling me? :levylol:

I feel like you all missed the point of my post and were a bit waylaid once you reached my username. Seriously, you guys wouldn't want Casillas in goal? Sure it wouldn't be a long term solution, but he is quality.

Back
Top Bottom