Midfielders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which midfielder would you sign (3 votes max)

• Morgan Schneiderlin

• Ignacio Camacho

• Gianelli Imbula

• Nigel De Jong

• Pedro Obiang

• James McCarthy

• Geoffrey Kongdogbia

• Ever Banega

• Alex Song

Results are only viewable after voting.

TommyD123

Supporter
From reading the forum, a midfielder, notionally to play alongside Bentalab, seems to be top of most people's wish list.
Personally I think the most important element of this new player needs to be their ability to protect the back 4 so our defence isn't as porous in 15/16.
The above list is a combination of names mentioned in the transfer thread and who are (to varying degrees) realistic (sorry no Pogba).
I'll no doubt have left someone off so apologies in advance.

Nigel%20De%20Jong%20kung-fu%20kick.jpg

We need more of this in our squad.

Banega, Kondogbia, Camacho, McCarthy and Schneiderlin are all unrealistic targets.

De Jong and Song are has beens and not good enough for us.

Obiang and Imbula are unproven and it's hard to tell how will they turn out.

Basically the whole list is consisted of players who are either too good or not good enough for us.

Banega, Kondogbia, Camacho, McCarthy and Schneiderlin are all unrealistic targets.

Basically the whole list is consisted of players who are either too good or not good enough for us.
How is Song a has been at 27 years old? Had a reasonable season at spammers and was effective when fit.

:pochfacepalm:

They are nearly all realistic targets if you are willing to spend the money, I mean we could easily put Lloris, Verts, Lamela in the too good for Tottenham bracket when we signed them but if you show the money it gives you a chance.

Normally we fail on targets when we either piss the club off or the player off trying to haggle a cheaper deal like the Moutinho situation.

I voted Camacho, Imbula and Kondogbia. Can't imagine Kondogbia joining us. Imbula and Camacho are more realistic options. Both are fairly young. Imbula's midfielder, but I fear he's much too similar to what we already have. Camacho is the player I really want. He's got a good pass on him and excels at defending in front of the back 4.
I'm afraid only Banega or Camacho would consider coming to us
Don't count on Banega to leave Sevilla. He's had problems in the past, but seems to be over them now. I think he's found his place at Sevilla, he's enjoying a good campaign under Emery as well.

Back
Top Bottom