Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on twitter. Thought it was interesting…

That indeed is very interesting.
I kinda feel pity for Benji ... He was/is solid, imo ... kept the game ticking.

Oh well. If Poch doesn't fancy him now then offer him (and plus cash) to Southampton for Schneiderlin.

(I'd personally also throw in a sweetener and give Townsend too.) :townhmm:

It may well be the case with Stambouli that he's got the basic attributes but he's needed alot of training, his fitness never looked great. Its hard to say with these things unless you have access to what happens in training

Wimmer seems like a player that has been assessed and scouted for some time by Mitchell and the club. There's no guarantees a transfer will be good even with massive amounts of scouting but it does seem like the thought process is correct, as it was with Dier as well.

Wimmer seems like a player that has been assessed and scouted for some time by Mitchell and the club. There's no guarantees a transfer will be good even with massive amounts of scouting but it does seem like the thought process is correct, as it was with Dier as well.

Yeah i look at him as a left-footed Dier

Not looking good for an ITK favourite:

I might be misunderstanding you ...
But actually I believe there have been a few ITK snippets (in the past few days) saying that we have are not interested in Kono anymore.

So if we don't want Kono and if the Lavezzi rumor indeed is bs, then I wonder which winger we are actually interested in?

Pedro would be epic but seems unlikely.
Then there's that Claudio Beauvue fella.
And finally Ayew and Thauvin.
Anybody else?

Edit: Scratch that bit about Claudio. I just saw that he was quoted a couple of days ago saying that he dreams of playing for ArseAnal. So yeah, he can bugger off.

But actually I believe there have been a few ITK snippets (in the past few days) saying that we have are not interested in Kono anymore.

So if we don't want Kono and if the Lavezzi rumor indeed is bs, then I wonder which winger we are actually interested in?

Anybody else?
Mirallas?

Anybody else?

Edit: Scratch that bit about Claudio. I just saw that he was quoted a couple of days ago saying that he dreams of playing for ArseAnal. So yeah, he can bugger off.

There's some chat of Salvio and Gaitan. Both of them are Argentinian. Our manager is Argentinian.

There's some chat of Salvio and Gaitan. Both of them are Argentinian. Our manager is Argentinian.
I remember seeing that too.

But apparently Salvio is about to join Lollerpool. I think his agent is already (or is about to be) in England to complete a deal or something. (But then again, Liverpool scouts have been quite helpful for us in the past)

And as for Gaitan ... he'd be pretty sweet.
I think the general consensus is that he's also the better player. The only issue here is that, I believe he's mainly a LW. And with Chadli, Pritchard, and Eriksen all rotating for there, it might be crowded. Our RW is the weaker side. As long as we strengthen the RW, I'm all for upgrading our LW too.

One massive negative about getting the Wimmer business done so early is that every club in the world knows we need to off load at least 1 CB (Kaboul and / or Chiriches). Not that we were going to get much anyway but now we'll have to accept a packet of crisps and a toffee.

Decent business getting another centre half In for £4.3m , klon came 12th bundlesliga ,,, looking forward to see if he can help enforce the defence, now to offload kabs and vlad

Good thing with poch he consentrates on the defence first, very important , though it may not have gone to plan this season

Not interested in lavezzi he'd be wash in the prem, nor thuavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom