Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No mental winners and no leadership....Soldado is the only aggressive fighter who has every team mates , every time....even from the bench.

If he stays, as Poch says he is, then I pray to fuck he gets a goal early on next season, and the new signings are players that he can benefit from.

Absolutely, I love the way he gets his head in, his overall attitude is pretty much faultless if he scored half as many as he had in spain he would be lorded on here, just fucking typical

Dembele gets me..... I loved him, him and Sandro should have been formidable, but he drifts in and out, an ex striker who never shoots, he ghosts past players then passes backwards, I mean whats wrong with these people, why don't they do themselves a favour

I agree with the approach Tim and Ferdinand took when they told him he could have been the next madrid signing, at least he should have taken heart from that and gone for it, instead he just does the usual, one good game then nothing, for 3 years, so fustrating

This has been my point all along, not just spurs but these cunts must be more or less impossible to manage
Completely agree mate. I couldn't believe people had a fit about the "madrid" comment. I would have said exactly the same to him. Most frustrating player I've ever seen. Can pretty much walk past 7 people without any trouble, then passes it backwards. I just want to see him sprint forward, past a few players, and have a shot. Even if its just once or twice a game.

I just think he can't shoot. All his shots tend to be dummy, dummy, shift the ball and then shoot. You can't take that much time in the premier league. He reminds me of those people that are great at doing skills and tricks and then you play football with them and they do fuck all.

Dembele gets me..... I loved him, him and Sandro should have been formidable, but he drifts in and out, an ex striker who never shoots, he ghosts past players then passes backwards, I mean whats wrong with these people, why don't they do themselves a favour

I agree with the approach Tim and Ferdinand took when they told him he could have been the next madrid signing, at least he should have taken heart from that and gone for it, instead he just does the usual, one good game then nothing, for 3 years, so fustrating

This has been my point all along, not just spurs but these cunts must be more or less impossible to manage
Dembele seems to want to prove he can beat a player over and over. Very frustrating....

Anyone in their right mind seriously expecting a top four finish with our current squad is.....

Mentally handicapped.

I wish someone had let the club know that.....

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is targeting a top-four finish in the Premier League this season, according to Nabil Bentaleb.

Former manager Harry Redknapp twice led Tottenham to fourth place, in 2009-10 and 2011-12, but since his departure the club have only managed sixth and fifth.

Chairman Daniel Levy is thought to be desperate to see the return of Champions League football at White Hart Lane and Pochettino has told his players that nothing less than fourth place will do.

Bentaleb also revealed that Pochettino has taken a new-found interest in the Europa League - in which Tottenham face Besiktas on Thursday evening - now that winning the second-tier competition brings qualification for the Champions League.

"We have targets, in the league it's getting top four, in the Europa League it's to go as far as we can to win it," Bentaleb said. "[Pochettino] came and he showed some great confidence. He told us that we could do something and we all think and believe we can achieve something in both.
October 2014

“We are just two points off the top four,” said Eriksen, who scored in last weekend’s 2-1 win over Hull City.

“The route to the Champions League by winning the Europa Leagueis shorter but more difficult.

“The top four is definitely possible. When you see the teams who should normally be in the top six nowhere near, you realise everything can change and that the league is so tight.”
Nov 2014

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is confident that his side can finish in the top four of the Premier League this season.

Spurs are currently 10th in the league table with 21 points from 15 matches, seven points behind fourth-placed West Ham United but with a game in hand.

“I believe that is possible because so far, so good,” The Daily Mail quotes Pochettino as saying. "I think that the team arrive in a very condition, physically and mentally. They are ready to compete now in this very, very busy period.

“It is important to arrive with all the players fit and ready to compete because maybe you play now a lot of games and you need the whole squad. Yes, we are very close but we need to be consistent. It is true.”
Dec 2014

"Making the top four is going to be difficult but we have seven games to go.
"We will try, of course we will. But it is true that it is not going to be easy. I don't know how many points we will need.
"But we need to try to win the next game. We need to win the most points that we possibly can in the next seven remaining games.
Poch April 2015

I wish someone had let the club know that.....

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is targeting a top-four finish in the Premier League this season, according to Nabil Bentaleb.

Former manager Harry Redknapp twice led Tottenham to fourth place, in 2009-10 and 2011-12, but since his departure the club have only managed sixth and fifth.

Chairman Daniel Levy is thought to be desperate to see the return of Champions League football at White Hart Lane and Pochettino has told his players that nothing less than fourth place will do.

Bentaleb also revealed that Pochettino has taken a new-found interest in the Europa League - in which Tottenham face Besiktas on Thursday evening - now that winning the second-tier competition brings qualification for the Champions League.

"We have targets, in the league it's getting top four, in the Europa League it's to go as far as we can to win it," Bentaleb said. "[Pochettino] came and he showed some great confidence. He told us that we could do something and we all think and believe we can achieve something in both.
October 2014

“We are just two points off the top four,” said Eriksen, who scored in last weekend’s 2-1 win over Hull City.

“The route to the Champions League by winning the Europa Leagueis shorter but more difficult.

“The top four is definitely possible. When you see the teams who should normally be in the top six nowhere near, you realise everything can change and that the league is so tight.”
Nov 2014

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is confident that his side can finish in the top four of the Premier League this season.

Spurs are currently 10th in the league table with 21 points from 15 matches, seven points behind fourth-placed West Ham United but with a game in hand.

“I believe that is possible because so far, so good,” The Daily Mail quotes Pochettino as saying. "I think that the team arrive in a very condition, physically and mentally. They are ready to compete now in this very, very busy period.

“It is important to arrive with all the players fit and ready to compete because maybe you play now a lot of games and you need the whole squad. Yes, we are very close but we need to be consistent. It is true.”
Dec 2014

"Making the top four is going to be difficult but we have seven games to go.
"We will try, of course we will. But it is true that it is not going to be easy. I don't know how many points we will need.
"But we need to try to win the next game. We need to win the most points that we possibly can in the next seven remaining games.
Poch April 2015
Are you deliberately thick ? Of course the fucking manager is going to say shit like that. Fucking hell no wonder no one likes us when we have fucking melts like you amongst us.

"We need to prepare for a big summer, build a strong team and fight for the top four," Pochettino told BBC Sport.
"Our dream for our supporters and this club is that they deserve to fight for the top four and be in the Champions League."
"After my experiences of last year it's tough to play in the Europa League," he said. "I prefer to play in the Champions League but if you reach the Europa League it's good for the club.

Same target next season...good to hear. Hope he sorts his shit out and starts to deliver on the big words.
If its not our target, he must be really, really.......really stupid to keep saying over and over again that it is.

I dont think Poch is stupid. I think we are aiming for top 4, like we have been for the last ten years.

Care to elaborate?

I'm talking about all the general guesses and assumptions made about both sides. If the Poch ones are all imaginary scenarios then how does anybody know any better that Kaboul and Capoue are inflexible, uncoachable or trouble and, Ade has always been vilified way over the top, mis-quoted or part quoted for a headline that doesn't exist.

I love watching Dembele skill players over and over again - one of the few technically exciting players in our team since Bale and Berbatov.

Yeah but there's rarely a goal or an assist at the end of it.
You could say the same about Modric but he made us tick like he does Real.
Dembele seems to have a hell of a lot of talent but hasn't delivered for ages. Really frustrating.

I love watching Dembele skill players over and over again - one of the few technically exciting players in our team since Bale and Berbatov.

It really frustrates me that he is a player good enough to build a side around, yet we have been unable to find a manager who can coach or manage him to improve his consistency and give him a permanent role/position to do it from.

As you say, technically he's brilliant, probably the best player at the club, particularly given his physical strength and size puts him over and above even Eriksen.

To me he's a quality solution we already have, quite how and exactly where is beyond me but, I'm not paid £millions a year to work that out and deliver it.

I see all the comments about selling him as if he's deadwood but, if we sold him for £10-15m, who could you buy that's better?

The only progress is the younger players come through but as for performance wise it's been pretty shit.And as for next season it's all down to luck if people leave like loris and rose eriksen because we will not spend that big as already said.

Dembele flatters to deceive. And that's an understatement.

I've read before, can't remember where, that he has literally zero desire to improve or go any higher in the game than he is. He's in the comfort zone and I don't think he has the mentality for an manager to get to his true potential on anything like a consistent basis.

Are you deliberately thick ? Of course the fucking manager is going to say shit like that. Fucking hell no wonder no one likes us when we have fucking melts like you amongst us.

Who's the melt? Poch for saying it and not thinking it really possible but feeding us bullshit or, is a melt someone who hearing it, thinking even Poch knows it's not true, still accepts a pathetic attempt at getting there (on and off the pitch) as all fine because 'oh well, 6-8th is where we should be really'. Come on.

Swansea just two points behind after beating Woolwich tonight. With the negative momentum we have now we could very well finish 8th with a negative goal difference. Need big changes over the summer..

Who's the melt? Poch for saying it and not thinking it really possible but feeding us bullshit or, is a melt someone who hearing it, thinking even Poch knows it's not true, still accepts a pathetic attempt at getting there (on and off the pitch) as all fine because 'oh well, 6-8th is where we should be really'. Come on.
You what mate?

Look, at the start of every season, we all hope we can win the league, but none of us say it. We want the champions league, because thats the next step up from where we are, but we doubt we'll get it. We'll accept the europa league, because that means we're keeping competitive.
The manager can't then come out and say "well as long as we finish in the top half we're happy"
No, the players would be fuming "is that all we're good for gaffer???"
He needs to say the right things. He needs to believe in the team. If the manager doesnt believe in the team then we need to pack up because its game over right there.

But Sammy is using that as a stick to beat him with ?? this is what i mean. No fucking rousing support. No "Our manager believes so i believe"
Just "this idiot says we'll get champions league? PAH!!"

We look like mugs to the rest of the world. And tbh I'm not particularly that bothered about other peoples perceptions of me, or us as a fan group. But i have to say, hearing fucking leicester fans, and west from fans, mugging US off! calling us deluded cunts! That fucking hurts me. But they're right, there are some fucking mongs in the fan base. And they make us look like dicks. Cant fucking tolerate the odd bad season, expect us to be challenging for the league every year, because "we're tottenham"
Fucking bollock. Next season will be 55 years since we won the fucking league.

Back
Top Bottom