Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm starting to think there is no solution. This is our ceiling at the moment
Sacking the manager and wasting millions in the process (as well as appointing a new one) would achieve very little, imv. Rather spend that money on proper transfers this summer and back him up properly

We have won 17 games in the league(+ lots of cup games), that's pretty high standards you have if only 4 of those were good?

If you are honest with yourself, you will admut we have taken more points when we´ve played poorly but showed enough grit to see it out, than we have playing well and wrapping up a game comfortably.

I'm starting to think there is no solution. This is our ceiling at the moment
THATS EXACTLY IT THOUGH

It is our ceiling! And it will take about 100million+ a season for several years to break through! Or for the collapse of several teams above us. We might get to a point in a few years where we can chuck 40 mill around every now and then, build up a massive and talented squad. But look at Woolwich. They're essentially a blue print of how the next few years are going to go for us, with the stadium and all... and they've done fuck all. The last few years they've hardly even looked like getting fourth until right at the end.

THATS EXACTLY IT THOUGH

It is our ceiling! And it will take about 100million+ a season for several years to break through! Or for the collapse of several teams above us. We might get to a point in a few years where we can chuck 40 mill around every now and then, build up a massive and talented squad. But look at Woolwich. They're essentially a blue print of how the next few years are going to go for us, with the stadium and all... and they've done fuck all. The last few years they've hardly even looked like getting fourth until right at the end.
We're miles behind where they were at the same point along the stadium timeline.

In fact, it's quite worrying when you think of them falling back like they did and where it could leave us if we do the same.

We're miles behind where they were at the same point along the stadium timeline.

In fact, it's quite worrying when you think of them falling back like they did and where it could leave us if we do the same.
I don't like saying it aloud but I'm not massively confident. Personally id rather stick with MP through thick and thin for the next few years because I've accepted we're gonna have bad seasons. But i think i may be in the minority on that one.

If you are honest with yourself, you will admut we have taken more points when we´ve played poorly but showed enough grit to see it out, than we have playing well and wrapping up a game comfortably.
I agree that we have had to work hard for many of our points, but which team has'nt had to grind out results? Chelsea has mostly won by 1 goal or drawn after new year. I have the impression that Woolwich also have done the same, though I have not seen much of their games. When ManCity win they usually win by a few goals, but they have lost and drawn a lot of games they should have won. Man Utd have been grinding out points all season. I'm not proud of our defending, but we usually score more then we concede. I gladly take a 4-3 or 3-2 victory over a boring 1-0 :pochsmirk:

Life is so much easier if you just accept we are shit.

Then when we actually win by more than 1 goal it is glorious.
If 6th is shit, then I agree :llorishuh:

THATS EXACTLY IT THOUGH

I mean look what it took, Ledley and Woodgate both actually able to play and being formidable, Bale growing, Van Der Vaart, Good Ade, good Lennon, Luca Modric for goodness sake, thats what it would take to get in top 4 again, 6 world class players like that, 5 who have started for madrid, we have a couple now maybe

Plus the fact Man City still had Wayne Bridge and Shaun Wright Phillips starting and Chelsea were playing manager merry go round

We didnt realise we had depth in the youth and just bought too many in the 10-20mil range, just like Liverpool did, fucked it all up, we dont have any class players like Ledley who under 6 managers, performed exactly the same, we have no mental winners

I mean look what it took, Ledley and Woodgate both actually able to play and being formidable, Bale growing, Van Der Vaart, Good Ade, good Lennon, Luca Modric for goodness sake, thats what it would take to get in top 4 again, 6 world class players like that, 5 who have started for madrid, we have a couple now maybe

Plus the fact Man City still had Wayne Bridge and Shaun Wright Phillips starting and Chelsea were playing manager merry go round

We didnt realise we had depth in the youth and just bought too many in the 10-20mil range, just like Liverpool did, fucked it all up, we dont have any class players like Ledley who under 6 managers, performed exactly the same, we have no mental winners
We were accidentally actually really good. We were outside chancers for winning the league at one point before "that" capitulation.
What are the chances of it happening again? Considering it took, Ledley King, an academy lad that turned out to actually be really good when he could play. Woodgate was a risky punt that worked out (mostly), someone we bought at 18 in the hope they'd become really good... who ended up becoming the most expensive player in the world. A last minute signing of a player Madrid needed to get rid of and we only got because it was at a price we couldn't say no to. Adebayor when he was good! What are the chances of THAT! When we bought Lennon for 1 mill we never thought he was going to be setting up winning goals in the champions league. Madrid was arguably the only one that wasn't a bit of a fluke, but I'm sure he turned out better than anyone else thought.

And you can go further. Sandro was great in that first season. We had strikers that actually got some goals, even if it wasn't a lot. Gomes is playing for Watford now? BAE actually gave a shit. People actually were happy to see Huddlestones name on a team sheet! We'll be lucky if we get near that again in the next 10 years, let alone next season.

No mental winners and no leadership....Soldado is the only aggressive fighter who has every team mates back , every time....even from the bench.

If he stays, as Poch says he is, then I pray to fuck he gets a goal early on next season, and the new signings are players that he can benefit from.

Last edited:
Ive just realised Soldado and Dembele are the spursiest players ever. Both look like they can be amazing yet ultimately do fuck all.

Dembele gets me..... I loved him, him and Sandro should have been formidable, but he drifts in and out, an ex striker who never shoots, he ghosts past players then passes backwards, I mean whats wrong with these people, why don't they do themselves a favour

I agree with the approach Tim and Ferdinand took when they told him he could have been the next madrid signing, at least he should have taken heart from that and gone for it, instead he just does the usual, one good game then nothing, for 3 years, so fustrating

This has been my point all along, not just spurs but these cunts must be more or less impossible to manage

Back
Top Bottom