Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly , i dont care ... i really dont care anymore. I still hate to see us lose but this season i wanted to focus on loving the game and the things in the game that made me fall for it when i was a wee lad. The Hurrikane, Bentaleb, them two brilliant Chadli goals and that game against Chelsea did just that
This is a great point. People are getting to caught up in the minor details. Footballs just a little bit of enjoyment... Theres no point then evaluating afterwards wether we should feel enjoyment. You don't go to a film and then sit down 3 days later and think "Well i laughed at that scene but actually the lighting wasn't great and a few of the characters didn't contribute much to it"

I don't really care where we finish at the end of a season that see's us beat Woolwich and Chelsea. Liverpool will probably finish higher than us but they're the butt of all the jokes. People will say that reflects negatively on us, but they're missing the point entirely. If the point of football is to give us a bit of enjoyment and fun... and you aren't having fun or enjoying it, you're in the wrong game. Literally.

I don't really care where we finish at the end of a season that see's us beat Woolwich and Chelsea. Liverpool will probably finish higher than us but they're the butt of all the jokes. People will say that reflects negatively on us, but they're missing the point entirely. If the point of football is to give us a bit of enjoyment and fun... and you aren't having fun or enjoying it, you're in the wrong game. Literally.

Yet you bang on about a "collapse" that happened years ago....

It's a funny ol' game.

This thread is almost as long as the Dembele one, if that isn't progress I don't know what is

I don't care who the damn manager is, would be nice to be able to get one player to play in the same position for 10 games and give you 10 performances, like Ledley used to even under shit managers, hopefully the fashion of youth and growing your own will instill better mindset and the death of the overpayment of mercenary and plain lazy twat footballers

Everyone seems to forget that we finished fourth, by a fucking whisker, when City were not securely financially doped.
We also finished 4th when Chavs decided not to play so they could get rid of AVB, but they made sure they played in CL.
Liverpool also took a uncharacteristic dip.
Last year Man U had a very bad season, and Liverpool excelled.

Look at the teams of Man U- who will now buy Depay - Chavs, City and Woolwich and tell me why we should finish in 4th, despite teams that could be considered on our level, i.e., Liverpool & Everton challenging for it?

If we were truly a financial giant we would have bought big and paid big - for that is what the 'best' cost - when we did get into the CL, to secure that spot and push on. We couldn't. Unless we raised ticket prices to an unacceptable amount.
If we did get there this season I doubt we would still attract the players or have the money to pay for them.
We will soon be playing in a 22k capacity.
Get fucking real people. We need to stay there or thereabouts and be an attractive option until we get the stadium. The, if many of the cunts who think we have a divine right to finish 4th, bother to fill it we may be in a position to challenge those teams above.
FFS, if Liverpool..who historically have won much more than us and have a much bigger fanbase, are also not shoe ins for CL, why should we be?

Maybe you should tell Poch and Levy that 4th is not our target after all.
They seem to think it is...so do the players.

Its all very well giving it the preacher speech after the fact that we are thousand miles away......didnt hear anyone saying "I dont care where we finish etc" after we had thumped Chelsea and beaten Woolwich though.

And your first line about scraping 4th by a whisker.

4th is 4th....7th is 7th.

If this is a step up to you, then congratulations on a wonderful season.
You belittle our achievement back then, but you seem to completely forget to mention Woolwich and Utd were both much better...how convenient.

The fact is, the PL is at its weakest now than it has been for 10 years.

The top teams are all there for the taking, yet we are battling it out for 6th with Southampton, and will finish on less points than last season.....when our "players didnt even play, in order to get rid of AVB and then Tim"...........

Last edited:
This is a great point. People are getting to caught up in the minor details. Footballs just a little bit of enjoyment... Theres no point then evaluating afterwards wether we should feel enjoyment. You don't go to a film and then sit down 3 days later and think "Well i laughed at that scene but actually the lighting wasn't great and a few of the characters didn't contribute much to it"

So we beat Woolwich and Chelsea, but have a complete nightmare the rest of the season, suffer a succession of 0-1 defeats and that's fun? Fuck that. I'd start cutting myself.

So we beat Woolwich and Chelsea, but have a complete nightmare the rest of the season, suffer a succession of 0-1 defeats and that's fun? Fuck that. I'd start cutting myself.
I enjoy a win against Woolwich far more than i do against stoke.
If we can beat 2 of the top 5 i doubt we'd lose too many games.

Progress at Tottenham is a non event?
We very rarely finished 4th (top4) at anytime, in recent PL history and years before the CL carrot. Progress- we will never change. We will plod along each season hoping to have that vein of form that will reap rewards that season. Im not sure if its in Spurs psyche to think ahead and plan for the following season.

You'd really get rid of Poch, after one season and replace him with who exactly, this is panic and melting, the very reason why so many people get the hump with Levy.

Yes.

The main reason we get the hump with Levy is because he continues to appoint crap managers like Poch@AVB!

They don't work and he then fires them!

If you like supporting a team that is content to hover around 6th place then good for you.

I don't which is why I want Poch out.

I would take Moyes, Rafa even Tim rather than this clown!
He doesn't even rate alongside Pardew, Pulis or BFS!

You obviously like him Tomo!

Fair enough but tell me exactly what he's achieved as a manager!

Yes.

The main reason we get the hump with Levy is because he continues to appoint crap managers like Poch@AVB!

If you like supporting a team that is content to hover around 6th place then good for you.

Firstly i'll say this. Daniel Levy obviously doesnt deliberately hire managers that fail. Just like everyone else in football. Theres no sure-fire thing. No guarantees. Who thought Wenger and Ferguson were gonna be so succesful when they started? The whole thing is a massive blag. Are you suggesting we should just hire a manager and keep them, no matter how shit they are?

Second point. We can keep changing managers, its not going to make a difference. Its not the manager, its no individual person, its the whole club. Our whole club is finishing exactly where it should be. In terms of value of the club, value of the starting 11's, etc etc. If you don't want to support a team thats hovering around 6th place, support united city or chelsea. They're the only teams that are going to be winning the league. Its mathematical fact. Unless we get bought by billionaires, we aren't going to win the league. Its basically impossible.

Yes.

Also the fact you would prefer david moyes, after his stint at united shows just how clueless you are. That proved beyond doubt that everyone in football is just making it up as they go along.

How can anyone want Poch out at this moment? What would Benitez or Moyes do better at this club? In terms of "Mr. Sack Him", I think he could improve our defensive game, but we would struggle to score goals. That's all.

There is no point in firing the manager. We are where we are supposed to be, and the players seem to come along with Pochettino very well.

Yes.

Im one of his biggest critics but some of that just makes no sense to me.
Moyes did very little at Everton despite all the plaudits.

He sold a lot of players for massive money (Rooney, Lescott etc) and bought a striker from League 1.

Poch has big faults and has a lot to do to prove that alllllllllllll these problems were down to him not having his own signings. A big summer, and a big season coming his way.

But for now he has to stay. If we fired another manager now, I think I would almost take a rain check next season.

Yes.

Haha! This buffoon is saying exactly what people wrongly claim sammyspurs sammyspurs has been saying.

Back
Top Bottom