Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Except that Ade and Kaboul (Ade more so) have been key parts of a side that finished 4th and those three players you listed are total wank.

Yeh but Kaboul in the last season or so barring one or two games has been wank and ade has when played not been very good either.

Not the best time to be using his name but Rio Ferdinand was a title winner, in the last few seasons he has declined to the point of a lower prem defender. Players decline, Kaboul has lost his pace and power and his flaws are being exposed.

Last edited:
The thing is, i distinctly remember at the time, redknapps biggest criticism was that he didn't rotate enough. And certain players barely got a look in? He had his favourites.
How is what MP is doing with Ade and Kaboul, really any different to what redknapp did with giovanni dos santos adel tarrabt and david bentley?

If you would have preferred to use Tarrabt and Dos Santos than Bale and Lennon then good for you.

The difference with Poch is that we have really struggled without the use of a full squad, and he is picking the likes of Townsend and Paulinho over Ade and Dembele. The opposite of what Harry was doing, as he picked better players and got them playing despite their egos.

And Harry not rotating was another complete bullshit myth as you will see here:
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/rotation.2536/

Except that Ade and Kaboul (Ade more so) have been key parts of a side that finished 4th and those three players you listed are total wank.
But that doesnt answer my question does it? Is it any different to what redknapp did?
I don't think it is at all. The only difference you've given me, is that you like ade and kaboul.
It shouldn't matter what the players have done a few seasons back. Harry redknapp didn't play GDS AT and DB for various reasons. MP is doing the same with Ade and Kaboul. Its no different.

If you would have preferred to use Tarrabt and Dos Santos than Bale and Lennon then good for you.

The difference with Poch is that we have really struggled without the use of a full squad, and he is picking the likes of Townsend and Paulinho over Ade and Dembele. The opposite of what Harry was doing, as he picked better players and got them playing despite their egos.

Ok so you're saying you'd pick Adebayor over Kane?

Kaboul is maybe different, but he went from being captain, to not even being on the bench. There were rumours he went behind the managers back to undermine him. Seems a very reasonable excuse to drop someone to me.

I wouldn't have preferred to use tarrabt and dos santos. I also wouldn't have preferred ade and kaboul to kane or fazio/dier. And i would rather have friedel playing CB than someone that undermines the manager and creates disharmony amongst the squad.

Yeh but Kaboul in the last season or so barring one or two games has been wank and ade has when played not been very good either.

Not the best time to be using his name but Rio Ferdinand was a title winner, in the last few seasons he has declined to the point of a lower prem defender. Players decline, Kaboul has lost his pace and power and his flaws are being exposed.

I could totally understand this argument if Jan, Dier (at CB), Fazio and Walker had actually been a solid unit. They havent. For the most part, our defence has been cack, ad certainly no worse than Kaboul (who has still had the best game out of all of them at arse away)

Poch is playing poor players, and poor performers....so the argument that those exiled are poor is a non starter. They are certainly no worse than what has been used in their place.

But that doesnt answer my question does it? Is it any different to what redknapp did?
I don't think it is at all. The only difference you've given me, is that you like ade and kaboul.
It shouldn't matter what the players have done a few seasons back. Harry redknapp didn't play GDS AT and DB for various reasons. MP is doing the same with Ade and Kaboul. Its no different.

It does answer, because Harry picked his strongest team, and Poch picks the players he thinks are easier to handle, regardless of talent (or in some cases, lack of it)

Also its funny that you constantly lambaste people for in any way defending MP or AVB. And yet, you're doing the exact same thing for Redknapp. You're completely incapable of understanding other peoples opinions.

there has been zero progress in this thread just a bunch of whiny men catching feelings
tumblr_ltrjw896X91qj4qpio1_400.gif

It does answer, because Harry picked his strongest team, and Poch picks the players he thinks are easier to handle, regardless of talent (or in some cases, lack of it)
Do you know that, do you. Did you look inside harry redknapps brain and see that 38 times a season he was picking the absolutely strongest line up he could.
And then did the same to MP and (via your spanish translator) realised he wasn't picking the strongest team.

You're projecting your own opinions as fact. You think our strongest team contains kaboul, so you think MP isn't picking his strongest team. I don't think MP is picking a team based on who he can "handle" thats a ridiculous statement to make. You're essentially implying MP isn't doing his best to win games. What manager doesnt want to win every game?

If MP and Jesus are watching training sessions, and we aren't. We have to go with their judgment, rather than your agenda. You speak as if you believe you know better than any of the staff at the club. Do you work in football?

Also its funny that you constantly lambaste people for in any way defending MP or AVB. And yet, you're doing the exact same thing for Redknapp.

Maybe you should read the link I posted from back in 2012 which dispelled the myth about Harry not rotating. You will see some critique in there from me towards Harry.

Another myth busted.

Last edited:
I wonder, however, if you are as comfortable acknowledging that our faults at this stage, outweigh the pros.

I dunno, I guess it depends who assigns the "weights" (Do the faults outweigh the pros for every team but the champion, or the top four? Do the pros outweigh the faults for every team in the top half? Does each regressing player count as one fault and each improving player count as one pro, regardless of degree or how long they are expected to remain? Do financial considerations matter or just on the pitch results? etc.) I am not pretending not to understand the question or avoiding it, I genuinely just don't understand the meaning of the question as to "outweigh." If you name some factors I will be happy to tell you which of them I personally assign more weight to.

However, I do have a general feeling that I am happier with what the club is doing than I was one year ago and I hope to be able to say the same thing one year from now.

Last edited:
Maybe you should read the link I posted from back in 2012 which dispelled the myth about Harry not rotating. You will some critique in there from me towards Harry.

Another myth busted.
What the myth that redknapp ostracised players just the same as AVB and MP have done?

The touch if it came was outside the box, Aguero carried on then clipped his feet together which is a well know diving tecnique, he knew what he was doing, he could have easily carried on. If that's what goes for penalties these days, I'm out.

I totally agree with you in that penalties are given too easily and players go down too easily today but that's the way it is so defenders should be savvy and nt fall for it!

Unlike Fazio Sunday and I still think he was lucky!

:thumbdown:

Do you know that, do you. Did you look inside harry redknapps brain and see that 38 times a season he was picking the absolutely strongest line up he could.
And then did the same to MP and (via your spanish translator) realised he wasn't picking the strongest team.

I simply saw our best players on the pitch getting us into the CL

If MP and Jesus are watching training sessions, and we aren't. We have to go with their judgment, rather than your agenda. You speak as if you believe you know better than any of the staff at the club. Do you work in football?

How many times are you going to use that shit argument?
Every time you say it, I ask you the same thing, but you dont answer.

So...again.

Did you agree with every line up, sub, tactic and gameplan of Ardiles, Graham, Hoddle, Ramos, Jol, Harry and Tim?

If not, please...please jog on with your nonsensical, pathetic argument that only a professional footballer can criticise a manager.

Its like that twat CJJ claiming only a PL striker knows what a sitter is.

I simply saw our best players on the pitch getting us into the CL

How many times are you going to use that shit argument?
Every time you say it, I ask you the same thing, but you dont answer.

So...again.

Did you agree with every line up, sub, tactic and gameplan of Ardiles, Graham, Hoddle, Ramos, Jol, Harry and Tim?

If not, please...please jog on with your nonsensical, pathetic argument that only a professional footballer can criticise a manager.

Its like that twat CJJ claiming only a PL striker knows what a sitter is.
You're really not one to talk about not answering questions.

Also yes, i do agree. Its their job. Its not up to me to have a say in how the team is run, its up to me to enjoy the entertainment they provide. Thats it.

Isnt it amusing that critique of Poch always turns into critique of Harry or Tim, rather than defence of Poch
Ive been defending Potch. If he doesnt want Kaboul near the squad, its absolutely is prerogative. He obviously has his reasons and its not really any of our place to question them. We're just the fans. We support the team.

You are not a supporter.

Back
Top Bottom