The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has anyone ever actually watched half these players on regular basis?

I have a feeling some people are basing their opinions on FM and FIFA, I mean come on... Timo Werner!
Watched Bolasie at Barnet loads, looked decent, but no more so than the likes of Albert Adomah and Mark Marshall.

Diego Milito - get him out of semi-retirement back in Argentina and working with his countryman. Good to being on for the last 15 of games to give Kane more of a rest. Him and Nigel De Jong to provide the winning experience for all the Ings' and Pritchards' who'll be part of the squad.

He is a spoilt, jumped up prick though. We've had enough of them in the past to not go through it again. It's only worth it for 25+ goals a season and he isn't capable of that.

Definitely some truth to that. It will never happen obviously as he would be 3rd choice but would act like our 1st choice. He'll go to a smaller league I reckon.

I like this thread, thanks to ArcspacE ArcspacE for creating it. However, as been pointed out, many of those targets will be unrealistic and probably not the right ones for Spurs at the moment, based on 1) price 2) how suited they would be to club/league.

I don't think we'll see loads of incoming transfers that were outside the league as that has already cost us big time two years ago. You can get one or two from outside the league, but normally it makes sense to combine some league experience and talent from abroad.

I think that a signing like Ings/Austin or even Rodriguez would make sense. I understand it's not too sexy for many, as they are not spectular signings like Munain for instance, who would be a dream signing, but probably less effective than one of the above. I have no problem if we went for a gamble, but would prefer it to be a youngish player, like Timo Werner for instance. For those wondering, he is a highly rated talent in Germany.

Name: Yannick Bolassie
Current Club: Crystal Palace
Estimated Value: 11-15 million

Yannick-Bolasie.jpg

One of Palace's star performers this season - would be a no-brainer for me, seeing our current lack of technical ability going forward. Possibly the most realistic of the lot as well.

:gallashmm:

I know fuck all about Wimmer, yet Pochettino and Mitchell seem to feel he's their guy. Werner's in the same mould.

They're not playing this based on who we know, they're trying to play this by finding people we (and other clubs) specifically don't know.

Everything you've just said is speculation, you know none of that for certain.

Watched Bolasie at Barnet loads, looked decent, but no more so than the likes of Albert Adomah and Mark Marshall.

Haha I watched him at Barnet as well, those were the days, Puncheon, Adomah, Bolassie, Bailey, Josh Wright, Nicky Nicolau, Ross Flitney and of course Graz!

Wouldn't mind Austin or Ings but Ings ain't gonna be free btw, can't see us spending a great deal in the summer.

Haha I watched him at Barnet as well, those were the days, Puncheon, Adomah, Bolassie, Bailey, Josh Wright, Nicky Nicolau, Ross Flitney and of course Graz!
Do you still go? They've opened a bar called Grazioli's at the new ground.
Big game for them tomorrow. I shall be there.

Everything you've just said is speculation, you know none of that for certain.
Everything we know about everyone is speculation, until the clubs announce it. We were interested in Werner in January. We do have a style of play we all know. We also know that the club (by their own admission) are not interested in spending on players outside the 5-15 million range. Beyond that we don't know, and the club are happy about that, as it hopefully means the other clubs don't know either.

The 4 below are efficient, reachable strikers :

Charlie AUSTIN

Club : QPR

Nationality : Great Britain

What I mostly like in him: Powerful

Islam SLIMANI

Club : Sporting Lisbon

Nationality : Algeria

What I mostly like in him: Hard working

Domenico BERARDI

Club : Sassuolo (on loan from Juventus Turin)

Nationality : Italy

What I mostly like in him: Young (great prospect)

Javier HERNANDEZ

Club : Real Madrid (on loan from Manchester United)

Nationality : Mexico

What I mostly like in him: Experienced

I would love to see anyone of them in a Spurs shirt next season.

Feels like you can get anyone of them for just about 20m

I know fuck all about Wimmer, yet Pochettino and Mitchell seem to feel he's their guy. Werner's in the same mould.

They're not playing this based on who we know, they're trying to play this by finding people we (and other clubs) specifically don't know.
Werner would be a risk, given he's had a shit season and has now battled relegation with Stuttgart two years in a row without shining in an average side.

He does have something about him, and I really like the kid, but he's not the answer. He really isn't.

Net spend is irrelevant? oh wow.
Back to the old "if we sell 2 players for £50m we HAVE to spend that money and then some, regardless on who it is and whether we need them, because we MUST spend more than we earn" attitude.

If we sell Bobby for £10m and get Ings for free, that's good business. End of. The net spend is irrelevant. It doesn't mean we must spend that £10m on another player because it's burning a hole in our pockets.

Anyone think about Klass Jan Huntelaar? I mentioned him in previous seasons being our main striker.

Doesn't look like Schalke will be getting CL football either this season. 31 now, getting on a bit too, may not mind backup...

Any chance people?

Back
Top Bottom