Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you surprised? Their transfer budget and wage bill is way higher than ours. I honestly done't understand why people expect us to beat them. And that's not having a losing mentality. We played positively and tried to win.
Their team of megastars sat back with a parked bus and played counter attacking football against a team of mostly young homegrown talent.

I'm proud of the team and even more so our fans who kept going all game. You know for sure if the shoe was on the other foot it would be silence from them.

Anyway I'm sure plenty of the usual people will be criticising our own players and staff after this. Might be time to log off for the night and see who's still not in the sin bin in the morning
athletico madrid wouldnt have done so well last year if they felt like that too

I really don't know what people expect of this team. Remember this is the team that got battered and humiliated on numerous occasions last season. And it hasn't been strengthened. Fazio or Dier are no better than Dawson. Davies is no better than Rose. Where have we actually made the team stronger. We fucking haven't. And it's all because of the cunt at the top refusing to shift from his net spend policy.
Disagree. I think Dier has been great for us. Doesn't get enough credit.

Even game, two deflected goals. That's football and it fucking hurts.

We're young and we'll be back. Absolutely no doubt.

Glad to watch it in Tottenham, at least we had a laugh and a song.

I really don't know what people expect of this team. Remember this is the team that got battered and humiliated on numerous occasions last season. And it hasn't been strengthened. Fazio or Dier are no better than Dawson. Davies is no better than Rose. Where have we actually made the team stronger. We fucking haven't. And it's all because of the cunt at the top refusing to shift from his net spend policy.
We tried to get both the wide players who turned out for Chelsea, but couldn't compete for Hazard or Willian really. That is where we are at the moment.

We just didn't have anything left in the tank after Rose gifted them 1-0. They won deservedly. We are in poor form at the worst time of the season. Chadli has lost everything since his personal tragedy - hopefully he will find his confidence soon. Yet another poor showing from our three behind Kane. No matter the constellation we lack energy and creativity at the moment. Our subs made us look better but maybe that's more due to Chelsea sitting on their lead.

We'll bounce back. I believe in Poch. Even if we finish 7th I won't whinge and moan (too much). We've got this. COYS

Well as I thought we'd do, we lost. As I said after the January window closed, our season would crumble on all fronts, and so it is proving to be the case.

Am very unhappy with ENIC and Poch tonight.

We threw a real chance of glory away due to our scandalous inactivity in the January window, and Poch hasn't shown the necessary management skills to compensate for the lack of backing given to him by our owners.
Poch give us the chance this season to get glory, you want instant success and for us to buy Messi level players no matter what the players want or the money involved, im guessing by your name that you're an experienced Spurs fan but the things you say on here make you sound like a 8 year old boy playing Fifa

Played really well in the first half, but Chadli wasnt really in it, and Townsend is just Townsend so we had no answer when Kane became marked out of the game.

Have to say, I much prefer the team he played against Woolwich with Dembele in front of Mason and Bentaleb.
Just gives us more dominance, creativity and strength.

Again, I feel we suffered from lack of a difinitive back up plan. Our changes are not pro active. They are just what we have, and while I will cut Poch some slack today, it is he who is limiting his already few options with the players he has sidelined from the squad.

Lamela and Soldado will not get you back into a game Im afraid, and our 442 is just pointless.

Shit week, and shit month altogether, and results are really going against us in other games too.

I think we can bounce back from this though.....it actually feels like a relief that whole period is done with.
Pressure off, and use this season to fine tune for next year.

TTID

athletico madrid wouldnt have done so well last year if they felt like that too

Atletico Madrid still have one of the higher wage bills in LA liga and have been playing champions league football somewhat regularly. We are far far behind the stage they were at last year. That being said, I can see a lot of the same qualities beginning to blossom in this team.

We weren't outplayed today at all. Only time they looked dangerous was when hazard was on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom