Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Morning Spurs Fans,

Hope those of you that travelled enjoyed a night out in Sheffield and all got back home safely. Wanted to pass on my congratulations for the win (well worth it over the two games) and wish you all the best for the final.

One of my happiest footballing memories was a 6-0 victory over Spurs at Bramall Lane that seems a long, long time ago now - but these last two games it's been nice to be reminded of what it's like playing top tier teams again. I only hope we find our way up the leagues soon enough! Impressed with the Blades that we didn't roll over and made a good fight of it right to the end. I thought when Reed was through we might even of nicked it, but not to be. The agony and ecstasy of football huh?!

Anyway, great away support last night, all the best for the final and the rest of the season.

UTB.

What time did you all get in last night then? Was the 'wally' train delayed?
I missed the 22.01. Celebrating!
:ade:

I was on the 'wally train' and it got in bang on time, rolled into St Pancras 2.05am, I hopped on the N205 home to Shoreditch, home by 2.45.

Slightly delayed getting into Sheffield on the way up, but more than enough time for a few beers in the Devonshire Cat on Wellington Street. Complimentary tea and coffee on the way up was a touch, and we got a first class carriage.

Big shout to the Spurs in the Howard opposite the station after the game, superb sing-a-long thanks to a few more beers, a well stocked jukebox that encompassed Manilow, Chas n' Dave, Neil Diamond and a few well-oiled jubilant yids. Quite a few faces from the old Bootlaces days. Scenes!

Great day out. Superb away support. Good to hear Can't Smile Without You, Nicola Berti, Glory Glory getting good airings in the away end. I was upper Tier, Block E right up the back.

I made that train - left as soon as the final whistle went which was a fucking shame, but the next one wouldn't have been until 23.21 so it was probably worth it. Then drove back from Derby to London, was in by 1. Was still so buzzing that rather than going to bed I had to read through all the new posts on this thread and have a look through Twitter! Then after a cheeky celebration wank I got to sleep... then had to be up at 6 for work.
:dier::walkercry:

I went to the Sheffield tap next door to the station for a few real ales before boarding the 23.30 train! Hardcore!

Close mate of mine is a Wednesday fan so I've only ever heard negative things about them but the Sheff Utd fans coming on here have been a credit to their club.

prediction - we win the league cup, Woolwich win the FA Cup and then claim we are always in their shadow......
Now thats Spursy.

Haven't watched it back but thought Davies could have done better for their goals. Surprised people think Lamela was shit though, I thought he played quite well - nothing spectacular.

Yes, agree with that. Lamela and Dembélé were both very good I thought.

Coming out of the ground, there was a group of neanderthal looking chavs picking on little groups of spurs fans. They kept chanting 'bbbb'. Never have I seen so much burberry. I didn't know football hooligans still wore this. Anyway a little group of spurs, who by all accounts were not hooligans, made them run away. It was hilarious.
Fantastic trip, thanks to Sheffield fans, on the whole you were very accommodating.

Back
Top Bottom