Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lovely Banter

I don't know what it is but it just looks a bit silly. "Hk18" is exactly the same number of letters/digits as actually typing "Kane" or just one less than "Harry" so it's hardly a cool handy abbreviation to kill time typing.

Phew I'm exhausted after typing all 3 possibilities , I better have a lie down

Its brilliant that we have a manager who is genuinely gracious to the other team and yet is right there in the front lines leading the team all the way to WEMBLEY!!!
Yeah I love it!
He seems like an all round stand up bloke.
Gracious to the other team, no press mind games, doesn't rise to situations, very clever with the use of an interpretor when the press ask leading/dangerous questions.

I feel some man love coming on lol

Me and the lads like HK 18, its snappy and puts him up there with GB 11 and CR 7, that's the company this boy should be keeping

HK 18, HK 18,
He's the best striker
I've ever seen

Oh you actually say it too!?!

Jebuzzz , I'm out . Get well soon

My own player Ratings

Vorm: 6 - ok but doesn't command confidence like Lloris
Walker: 6 - resonable performance
Dier: 6 - again resonable performance
Verts: 7 clever defending and solid
Davies: 5 ok not his best game
Stambouli: 6 would be 7 but faded as the game went on
Mason: 7 worked hard even when we were in melt mode
Lamela: 7 some nice touchs and good vision
Dembele: 8 frustrating but also brilliant at times, looked a different side when he went off
Eriksen: 9 class what can you say
Kane: 7 even when not scoring he provides energy and aggression as well as vision and ability to make something happen out of nothing, could have passed a little more in the first half but strikers can be greedy.

Subs:

Townsend: 5 er not great to be honest
Rose: 6 kind of to late to give a rating but did a few nice things in the final minutes
Paulinho: 3 had a big impact in a bad way, he seemed to be in headless chicken mode, it was like we went down to 10 men, seriously why is he playing for us, it's like his personality infected the players around him and we started to lose the plot a bit.

Last edited:
Its brilliant that we have a manager who is genuinely gracious to the other team and yet is right there in the front lines leading the team all the way to WEMBLEY!!!
Its just good that we have a manager capable of getting us to wembley again after a barren period....

Congratulations to all you guys for reaching the final and best of luck in beating Chelsea.
Your class showed in this game and we were lucky to still be in the match at half time and you had certainly run us off the park in the first half, albeit our small blocked effort after 10 minutes.
My cousins in London all support Spurs so mixed feelings for me having to endure semi final & play off final defeats on as regular a basis as you guys win cups!
Two world class goals, great away support in rubbish weather and hopefully the new England Centre Forward in Harry Kane? Wot a prospect, and a great tribute to how footballers should play and behave on and off the pitch in his post match interview.

What time did you all get in last night then? Was the 'wally' train delayed?
I missed the 22.01. Celebrating!
:ade:
I made that train - left as soon as the final whistle went which was a fucking shame, but the next one wouldn't have been until 23.21 so it was probably worth it. Then drove back from Derby to London, was in by 1. Was still so buzzing that rather than going to bed I had to read through all the new posts on this thread and have a look through Twitter! Then after a cheeky celebration wank I got to sleep... then had to be up at 6 for work.
:dier::walkercry:

Congratulations Spurs........overall you deserved to win the tie over the 2 legs but boy didn't we give you a bit of a shock with those 2 goals! I actually thought we might go on to get another and end up winning but at the end of the day Premier League quality shone through. Hugely proud of our efforts though and hope we can go on another run in the FA cup and string some better results together in the league.

Thought your away support was brilliant and as has been said by some of you the home support went a little quiet after your 1st goal, but I suppose it's difficult when you are 2 down to maintain the noise. However, when we got back into the match we woke up again and the atmosphere was great.

Hope you all got home safely and for any of you who encountered any trouble afterwards, remember it's only a minority of idiots and every club sadly has them!

Best of luck in the final.

On an evocative note, one of my relatives passed away and I went to a funeral on Tuesday, the song chosen for the commital was Annie's Song by John Denver, which is the song you hear Sheff Utd play at half time and full time.

It's quite evocative for me as he was a life long spurs fan and that game last night was the epitome of what following spurs is all about, glory, disaster, heart wrenching drama and glory again. This fucking club...

Would you have it any other way??

Back
Top Bottom